• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's pick for Secretary of Labor having second thoughts after criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
President-elect Donald Trump's choice to be labor secretary has voiced second thoughts in recent days, because of a relentless barrage of criticism from Democrats, labor unions and other liberal groups, a business ally and GOP sources tell CNN.

Andy Puzder is the CEO of the company that owns the Hardees and Carl's Jr. fast food chains.

"He may be bailing," said a Republican source plugged into the Trump transition effort. "He is not into the pounding he is taking, and the paperwork."

A Trump transition spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but later pointed to a tweet made by Puzder after CNN's report, which said: "I am looking forward to my hearing."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politics/andrew-andy-puzder-labor-trump/index.html

So keep criticizing Trump's people, guys.

Puzder is a domestic abuser who hates laborers so this would be good if he bailed on the job.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Your burgers suck too, fuckman. Can't do paperwork and can't make a hamburger. Maybe you'd make a good ditch digger.

Crosseyes

Banned
What!? You're telling me I can't hold and act in position of public office like I would in one of a private business?!

Pretty much Trump's plan in a nutshell. Trying to set up his administration like a private business but there's a separate term for what we usually call 'private' governments instead of 'public' ones.

Syncytia

is there a movement to boycott the businesses of trump's cabinet pics

because there certainly should be

Does this stuff really even work? I remember when the Chick-Fil-A thing happened liberals were all boycott boycott! And then the religious folks just started going on Sundays after church and used it as a token of support for "traditional marriage"

Ahhh bullshit.

Hes worried about lower income people bailing on Hardees. Dude fucking takes advantage of his employees peddling poison to the community.

he googled "dictionary" and then used the google search bar on the dictionary website to search "secretary," which then took him back to google and gave him a dictionary listing with the definition of the word "secretary."

RinsFury

Trump is rewarding his henchmen with the highest positions in government and so many of them don't even give a shit about the job. Fucking unbelievable.

Does this stuff really even work? I remember when the Chick-Fil-A thing happened liberals were all boycott boycott! And then the religious folks just started going on Sundays after church and used it as a token of support for "traditional marriage"
They definitely weren't going on Sundays after church because Chik-Fil-A is closed on sundays.

As far as I know the whole chick-fil-a boycott thing was a huge failure though. The company is still doing great and whenever I walk by there the line is packed. Great sandwiches.

Also Pudzer will have to divest all his shares in businesses as part of becoming SoL so boycotting the company doesn't really make sense to me. If he's confirmed, he won't have anything to do with the company or its profits anymore.

woolley

Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays.

Xe4

Banned
Yeah. Puzder was accused of domestic abuse but never charged.
That doesn't make it fake news though. Lots of people get accused of domestic abuse and it never brought to trial.

Was the news orginization that accused him legitimate, or was the whole story made up?

It's only fake news when 100% of it is BS. It's why shit like the Buzzfeed dossier isn't fake news. It's shit reporting, but definetly not fake news.

fade_

tumblr_nstg1jgKcg1uruo10o1_500.gif

Puzder's wife made anonymous appearances on Oprah to talk about the violent abuse she was receiving from her husband (something that wouldn't really help her in divorce proceedings!), but sure, Puzder never beat her.

Also, I know four men who have assaulted their wives and have faced no legal repercussion for it, guess they're not domestic abusers!

Syncytia

They definitely weren't going on Sundays after church because Chik-Fil-A is closed on sundays.

As far as I know the whole chick-fil-a boycott thing was a huge failure though. The company is still doing great and whenever I walk by there the line is packed. Great sandwiches.

Also Pudzer will have to divest all his shares in businesses as part of becoming SoL so boycotting the company doesn't really make sense to me. If he's confirmed, he won't have anything to do with the company or its profits anymore.

Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays.

Ok It wasn't Sunday then. But I remember it was definitely a thing to go to Chick-Fil-A and flout your dissent of gay marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom