• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Health care" bill withdrawn due to lack of votes

Status
Not open for further replies.
C7tVUVAVAAEWOzo.jpg

Wait, what?

What the hell does that mean?

Nerokis

Doesn't it seem like Republicans have been doing everything in their power to set the stage for a Democratic comeback?

They've made the ACA more popular than ever. They've shown the American people that they don't have any good ways to improve it. And they've left a massive opening for Democrats to come in and say, "We want to make it better. Here's some specifics and stuff, but basically, we want to give you guys more generous subsidies, and make health insurance more affordable for everyone."

Some of the things that wonks are recommending to improve the ACA aren't necessarily easy or popular, but the big thing is fixing the subsidy structure, which plainly translates to "give people more money." Seems to me a solid message can be crafted around that, especially in contrast to the ACHA.

RPGCrazied

Lmao. "Healthcare is dead for this congress" Some GOP guy.

They are literally saying Obamacare is staying put. I can't put a bigger smile on my face that I have on now.

As far as I can tell it was a combination of the AHCA not being extreme (conservative) enough or moderate enough. It wasn't that most thought (or cared) that the existing ACA was better for America.

Yep. The GOP is really split into 2 or 3 sub-parties: There's the OG GOP which makes up the larger portion, then the Tea Party, then the Freedom Caucus; there is some overlap between the three of course, but it is splintered enough to make it a huge pain in the ass for them to govern.

Violater

Trump has already said he's not going to pursue another healthcare bill. If they try again they need to make a bill that pleases the Ryanists, freedom caucus, and the moderates, which is basically impossible. If they couldn't do it now there's really no way they can do it later.

What he say's means nothing, and I thoroughly expect the spineless turds to cave eventually.
This is all the worst case as seen from my pessimistic mind obviously.

IrishNinja

Hopefully it's his resignation

nahhh i kinda like watching ayn rand fans perish a bit slower

Fox News Shepard:

• Bill is dead
  • Will not come up again
  • They must fix ACA or else healthcare will collapse under their watch and will impact their district voters

Single payer time.

YASSS BITCH SLAY

C7tVUVAVAAEWOzo.jpg

Wait, what?

they've got the secret majority!

You have all the pieces, you rig the game and still can't get anything done?

What the hell?

bruh nobody knew shit was this complicated

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That's what he's been saying for maybe like a week now? That they should let Obamacare fail under its own merits so that the Repubs can swoop in and save the day.

I was referring more to the "this is now the Democrats fault," when the GOP are the majority party.

guek

Banned
I'm very happy this failed and am all for celebrating

but

as a healthcare provider, I'm still terrified at the future facing this industry.

norm9

Glad it was pulled. Between the different Republican factions each touting destroying healthcare, lowered taxes for rich people, sanctity of lifers, anti-dems, super far righters, racists, etc., they couldn't agree on anything. Deplorable stay deplorabling

Barzul

FUCKING HELL OBAMACARE LIVESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Democrats will get their chance to actually fix it hopefully in 2018 and and 2020. This is huge for my family that's why I'm so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom