• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think my music plan for this year is to buy GHWT and gamefly the RB disk and keep it for a month or two and buy if I like the initial DLC.

GHWT is just blowing me away with the feature set and the track list.

Perdew

Struct09 said:
We only have confirmation for the 360 version so far, but the drum note charts in GHWT go down to 4 pads if you're using the Rock Band drums.

Well that's convenient as I only have a 360! (Actually I have 2 360s and 2 Wiis at the moment; don't ask.)

Spruchy

The QQ tour? Are you kidding me? Why don't you just scream, we're cool, we're up with teh internet lingozzzz plz buy our gamme

{Mike}

Banned
I can't believe some of you internet posters not liking the setlist. It's amazing, in fact it's almost too good to be true. That's why I think it's partially fake.

Vlad

Spruchy said:
The QQ tour? Are you kidding me? Why don't you just scream, we're cool, we're up with teh internet lingozzzz plz buy our gamme

Huh? What lingo is that, exactly?

Dina

Spruchy said:

It's hilarious like the TF2 Pyro Achievement (BarbeQueQ) was hilarious. God forbid they use an internet meme in their game.

No6

Grecco said:
The tour is not standard progression you pick and choose where you want to go and theres no repetition of songs. Its like a better BWT
BWT's problem wasn't song repetition on the whole, it was certain songs getting massive repetition. The entire money system in RB is structured around the idea that you're going to play songs more than once. GHWT may not be "pick a song from this tightly ordered list", but unless it copies the BWT model it's not much different from using an unlock code right at the beginning (although I suspect some areas will be locked).

No6 said:
Only if you assume each song is equally good. Of my 70 or so RB DLC songs, I regret... 2? The RB and GH3 setlists don't even come close to making me as consistantly happy, but then they also come with all the "game" stuff.
look of it this way. how much have you spent on your 70 RB songs. how much does that work out per song? how many songs could you get for $60? are there that many songs in GH4 that you like?

that's if you want to ignore the song creation mode, and the amount of free content that's going to net you.

Baker

Banned
Spruchy said:

I must not be cool, because I have no idea what QQ means.

teruterubozu said:
Sting Guitar Battle immmediately makes this list shit.
I am exagerating.

it's not that i hated the police before GH2. it's that i don't see how anyone can argue that their songs are remotely fun to play.

Baker

Banned
teruterubozu said:
Sting Guitar Battle immmediately makes this list suspect.

2nthge9.jpg

Wired All Wrong said:
Holy shit! How did I miss that. Now I just need Rock Band or Guitar Hero to have The Decline and I will be happy.

In terms of more popular punk bands being in Rock Band/GH, I'd rather have more Rancid than NOFX (I am really confused as to why they put Salvation in Guitar Hero 3... They got the album right, but they should have picked Nihilism or Sidekick...). But Decline would be pretty sweet, especially on drums I'd imagine.

Needs moar ska. Rock Band has Bosstones which is a sweet start

Okin

No6 said:
Aside from the music mixer (which I consider broken due to the vocals)...

Stop right there. First off, you can have melody tracks for vocals, just not lyrics.

Secondly, do you consider instrumental songs broken? Did you consider Guitar Hero I or II broken?

Basch

Wow, pretty good. RB2 and GHWT look stunning. They must be trying to kill each other. This isn't competition anymore. It's war. :lol

YagizY

So does anyone know if Rockband 2 instruments will work on this game? I like both set lists but I lock Rockband more because it's diversity in songs so I'll be buying Rockband 2. However, I do want to buy GH:WT, I just don't want a bunch of plastic instruments everywhere in my house.

apocalidiot said:
In terms of more popular punk bands being in Rock Band/GH, I'd rather have more Rancid than NOFX (I am really confused as to why they put Salvation in Guitar Hero 3... They got the album right, but they should have picked Nihilism or Sidekick...). But Decline would be pretty sweet, especially on drums I'd imagine.

Needs moar ska. Rock Band has Bosstones which is a sweet start
Yeah, I'm really surprised there hasn't been more Rancid in these games.

I also agree they need more Ska music. One of my favorite genres of music that will sadly be underutilized in these games. One band in particular would be Pilfers. They would be so great to play. You can't tell me these guys wouldn't be awesome in either of these games: http://www.myspace.com/pilfersnyc.
And their lead singer is Coolie Ranx, who was the voice of Little Jacob in GTA4.

Well if this list is true, Im getting World Tour for sure.

"96 QBB" CKY
"Song For The Dead" QOTSA
"Renegades Of Funk" Rage

Is seriously all I need. Ive been requesting "Song For The Dead" since the first game launched...such a badass song.

No6

Okin said:
Stop right there. First off, you can have melody tracks for vocals, just not lyrics.
I can't imagine why you'd think this is acceptable.
Secondly, do you consider instrumental songs broken? Did you consider Guitar Hero I or II broken?
No, and fake list or not, I look forward to YYZ and Jessica being recreated. However, good instrumental songs are few and far between, and while I can appreciate technical mastery, I don't see those types of songs being translated easily into plastic guitar/drums. I mostly anticipate the system being taken over and abused by the scorehero crowd unless the online trading system is extremely feature-loaded.
So does anyone know if Rockband 2 instruments will work on this game? I like both set lists but I lock Rockband more because it's diversity in songs so I'll be buying Rockband 2. However, I do want to buy GH:WT, I just don't want a bunch of plastic instruments everywhere in my house.
Yes on the 360. I think all instruments can be used in either direction this time, which is great because I'd like to get the new GH guitar but haven't decided how to approach drums (probably going to get the improved RB2 set and the cymbol addn if GH will support them). No one knows about the PS3 but these days I'd assume not simply because it's so much more fun that way.

Bogus

I kinda hope that's not the real setlist. Although there are quite a few awesome songs included, a lot of the list ranges from mediocre to just plain poor. Almost the entire first half of the tour listing reads like the songs were cherry-picked from a high schooler's wet dream.

Don't get me wrong, it's important to have contemporary tunes in these games. For me, though, most of the fun comes from playing classic, timeless music that stretches across a broad smattering of genres. Not nearly enough of that seems to come across here.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think the setlist is great, I just dont think GHWT can compete with 500 songs by the end of the year. MIDI versions of songs I know with a synth melody line don't count.

Wired All Wrong said:
Yeah, I'm really surprised there hasn't been more Rancid in these games.

I also agree they need more Ska music. One of my favorite genres of music that will sadly be underutilized in these games. One band in particular would be Pilfers. They would be so great to play. You can't tell me these guys wouldn't be awesome in either of these games: http://www.myspace.com/pilfersnyc.
And their lead singer is Coolie Ranx, who was the voice of Little Jacob in GTA4.

I've heard of them, as well as the Toasters (he was in there according to the internet), and I had no idea the singer did Little Jacob. Thats awesome. But yeah, I can't see there being a ska song or two every new RB/GH... I guess the guitar is too simplistic? But the games aren't solely guitar anymore so it shouldn't really matter.

Ethereal

Holy AMAZING, great set list, more Dragonforce in the bonus tracks is a plus in my book and Fury of the Storm is a hell of a song. The QQ Tour is hilarious

apocalidiot said:
I've heard of them, as well as the Toasters (he was in there according to the internet), and I had no idea the singer did Little Jacob. Thats awesome. But yeah, I can't see there being a ska song or two every new RB/GH... I guess the guitar is too simplistic? But the games aren't solely guitar anymore so it shouldn't really matter.
Yeah, he was in The Toasters before fronting Pilfers. I'm sure most ska songs would be pretty boring for guitar and there would be lots of horn solos, but who cares. The bass, drums and vocals are enough to justify having ska and reggae bands in these games.

NEO Frog

Banned
Song for the Dead? Damn I thought it was Song for the Deaf(same album)

Song for the Deaf is the most Kyuss-ish song they ever did.

Imagine if they they threw some Kyuss on here compliments of our homey...Josh Homme!!!

:D

NEO Frog said:
Song for the Dead? Damn I thought it was Song for the Deaf(same album)

Song for the Deaf is the most Kyuss-ish song they ever did.

Imagine if they they threw some Kyuss on here compliments of our homey...Josh Homme!!!

:D
I donno man, alot on QOTSA's ST was very Kyuss ish.

But could you imagine some Kyuss? "Gardenia","One Inch Man", "Hurricane" oh boy!

FF_VIII

Banned
Hmmm, I wasn't comparing RB and GH, I meant in general.

I have 80 DLC myself, but the rest I wouldn't touch even if they where free. So quantity > quality doesn't apply to me when the rest is crap, imo!

Un4

If this is true this list is shitting all over the RB 2 one IMHO. Day one!

Guitar Hero got Pull me Under from Dream Theater and Rock Band gets Panic Attack from the same band? :lol

Struct09

Basch said:
Wow, pretty good. RB2 and GHWT look stunning. They must be trying to kill each other. This isn't competition anymore. It's war. :lol

But with the instrument cross-compatibility, everyone can win. As a fan of rhythm games, it's hard to justify not getting both.

Top Bottom