• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump and Mitch McConnell Locked in a "Cold War", Threatening GOP Agenda

Who to play Mtich McConnell in the film?

I think Alan Alda could make a good Mitch. I mean we need an all star cast at this point.

Who to play Mtich McConnell in the film?

I think Alan Alda could make a good Mitch. I mean we need an all star cast at this point.

tenor.gif

Or that guy from Hannibal who was eaten by pigs.

TheGrue

I wish I had Photoshop skills because I want to make a movie poster with Trump facing Mitch, both with menacing stares. Then, you have Putin in one of those furry, Russian hats lording over them from the top of the poster.

Cross posting---

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-wanted-mcconnell-protect-him-russia-scandal-probe
In a series of tweets this month, Mr. Trump criticized Mr. McConnell publicly, and berated him in a phone call that quickly devolved into a profane shouting match.

During the call, which Mr. Trump initiated on Aug. 9 from his New Jersey golf club, the president accused Mr. McConnell of bungling the health care issue. He was even more animated about what he intimated was the Senate leader’s refusal to protect him from investigations of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to Republicans briefed on the conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the New York Times’ reporting is accurate, and the president pressured McConnell to “protect him” from Senate probes into the Trump-Russia scandal, that is very much the sort of thing that might be of interest to Special Counsel Robert Mueller and his team. In fact, it’s hardly outlandish to believe the Senate majority leader could be seen as a witness.

Perhaps Trump should’ve been nicer to McConnell.

this also explains the attacks towards mcconnel, with Mcconnel refusing to interfere with the russia probe.

So Mcconnel did what Comey did, Wrote a memo and sent it to his fellow senators and others so he could have back up and make them aware of what the president was attempting

Surfinn

Cross posting---

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-wanted-mcconnell-protect-him-russia-scandal-probe

this also explains the attacks towards mcconnel, with Mcconnel refusing to interfere with the russia probe.

So Mcconnel did what Comey did, Wrote a memo and sent it to his fellow senators and others so he could have back up and make them aware of what the president was attempting
So he did something very similar to what he did with Comey, only forceful

Kurdel

Banned
LMAO. You'd think these clowns would prefer Pence.

They don't want to risk losing Trump's base, and risk having the Tea Party fully split and make their own party.

I hate to agree with Republicans, but this is the smartest way to handle this: wait until he loses most of his base.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I love it man. The GOP spent 8 years being obstructionists that it's all they know now. Even have to obstruct their own party bc they forgot how to govern.

Cross posting---

Is that fact or is this just speculation on your part? I might have missed it in the article, but as far as I could tell, there was nothing said about McConnell specifically writing a memo and sending it to the other senators in order to inform them of the president's actions.

FStubbs

They deserve each other.

No, not in the slightest. McConnell only cares about the Republican party and its agenda. No one knows what Trump cares about.

Russia
Racism
Making Money
Popularity
Things he likes to grab

The disagreement is because McConnell only cares about 2 and 3.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Cross posting---

Dems better fucking hold this bullshit over GOP if they ever pull that benghazi bullshit again. For such a party of whiners about hillary I'm amazed at what they let fly in their own ranks. Par for the course for cowardly corporate shills.

Garlador

.@SenateMajLdr releases statement in wake of reports that his relationship with @POTUS has sunk to new lows:

e3oxfC6.jpg

— Jeremy Diamond (@JDiamond1) Aug 23, 2017

This is the mistake McConnell is making, that Trump shares ANY "goals" with them.

The truth is Trump doesn't look after the Republicans interests; just his own. He'll gladly sell them up the river to make himself look better and blame every failure on them instead of taking any personal accountability.

The only person Trump is looking after is himself.

Ithil

Turtle releases a generic statement saying everything is fine and Trump immediately tweets to bash him (nonsensically).
Every time, farmer and the viper.

Thats not how any of this works.

Well stuffing a bill with riders happens all the time. But the minority party being obstructionist is interesting. I mean isn't the whole rule of law supposed to be majorities: try and get those extra Dem votes as "the great negotiator" your moronic followers believe you to be.

Turtle releases a generic statement saying everything is fine and Trump immediately tweets to bash him (nonsensically).
Every time, farmer and the viper.

His response should have been "do you see the Russia thing? Many people are saying it's true and a bad thing. Did you see his Charlottesville speech? The lying Arizona rally didn't tell you how much he supports neo Nazis and racist bigots." Beat Trump to the punch.

VariantX

I guess the one upside to this is the longer they fight, the harder it is for trump to interfere with the investigation, and the harder it is for them to get any of their legislation through.

sangreal

Well stuffing a bill with riders happens all the time.

Of course, but not poison pills and if congress is willing to pass a clean debt ceiling then they'll just do it and trying to insert it into the VA bill would have accomplished nothing. If they aren't, then they wouldn't be tricked into voting for "must-pass" legislation that includes it -- especially since they could just vote against the amendment

Top Bottom