• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump and Mitch McConnell Locked in a "Cold War", Threatening GOP Agenda

They have him losing to a "Generic Democrat" 37-44. No, they won't vote for a Bernie Sanders or even a Hillary Clinton, but there certainly is a kind of Democrat that could win in Kentucky - the Kentucky Democrats had an iron grip on the state government until 2015, and they still have some state officeholders with Andy Beshear and Alison Grimes.

That being said, I don't think we'll beat him, but we should certainly try with those approval ratings.

I just looked at his approval ratings right, and yeah. I guess we could try, I just question if Kentucky approves of any democrats right now. I'd love to see Mitch lose his senate position because of Trump.

Somnid

This is what I'm going to point to when people tell others to fall in line to win elections. You won't like the outcome just because you all wear the same label.

Of course he does. He's not getting the adoration he deserves.

Trump should try to go out in a blaze of glory. He clearly doesnt want to work, he should just cause the GOP to lose the mid terms, get impeached, and then he and the GOP can go back to hating on Dems together.

This seems like the best way out for the GOP anyways. Trump is a dead end but they won't ever do anything to him cause they are cowards. He's just completely worthless.

Kevinroc

I just looked at his approval ratings right, and yeah. I guess we could try, I just question if Kentucky approves of any democrats right now. I'd love to see Mitch lose his senate position because of Trump.

We should find out in 2020.

(I can't see a Democrat winning a Senate seat in Kentucky.)

tenor.gif

tuxfool

Banned
NYT said:
Trump’s most explosive remarks came at a news conference in Manhattan, where he stood beside Ms. Chao. (Ms. Chao, deflecting a question about the tensions between her husband and the president she serves, told reporters, “I stand by my man — both of them.”)

lol.

American history buffs: Has there EVER been another time when the President and Senate majority (both from the same party) hated each others guts?

I feel like we are in uncharted waters here...

Slayven

American history buffs: Has there EVER been another time when the President and Senate majority (both from the same party) hated each others guts?

I feel like we are in uncharted waters here...

That says a lot considering we have had politicians beat each other to death

Slayven

If McConnel didnt record every phone call with Trump hes the dumbest politician on the planet. Imagine if he leaked a recording like that to the press or handed it to mueller.

McConnel is old school, no one hears anything he doesn't want them to hear. I bet he has recordings

Fuchsdh

I hate McConnell, but this sort of implies he has some standards compared to Trump.

Let them fight.

He always has. The Republican establishment simply thought that Trump would bring his support to them and rubber-stamp everything they wanted, and he's instead bringing them headaches. So the tenuous alliance was always headed for the rocks.

I don't really feel bad for the Republican leadership, of course—play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Honestly almost guaranteed, but a public mess like this? Not that I know of.

Yeah it's hard to say. People sometimes call everything about our political era unprecedented but I think part of that is simply the fact that we hear the dirty laundry getting aired far more than we did previous to the information age.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I bet McConnell would love to work with Obama after these few months of Trump.

That says a lot considering we have had politicians beat each other to death

In my country we had drunk politicians initiate a firefight, killing a couple of other congressmen. That was about 80 years ago I think. Beaten to death sounds worse though.

Top Bottom