• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising demo up on JP PSN [Region Locked. No US/EU/Asia. Snake? Snaaaaake!]

Akainu

280px-Kyashan.jpg
Does Raiden's pet turn into a plane or tank? It really should. OH! Or maybe it can do a Rush and turn into body armor.

RAIDEN: TAAAAAAAAAH!!!! *misses*

ENEMY: *do dodo dodooo*

RAIDEN: TAAAAHHH!!! *hits*

ENEMY: ! HOLY SHIT! Where'd you come from?!

So how man demos are region locked? I think someone said Uncharted? Is that it?

winstano

Just like I said! ;) It's because the EU release was a month after JP/US, people would kick off it was put out so soon... (I bought ZOE HD partially because of the demo, partially because I liked ZOE, knew the demo would be out at some point online)

Billysan

Neo Member
Well I guess Konami kinda confirmed that the region lock is due to the ZOE demo.

Which means they see the ZOE HD Collection only has a 40 dollar Metal Gear Rising Demo.

Meaning I can't support that idea and refuse to buy ZOE HD Collection until the demo is removed.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
This demo is the tits, definitely got me even more pumped for this game!

Just one question about parrying (probably been answered a bazillion times):
Is it really as simple as pushing toward the incoming attack, and attack?
It seems like there's a pretty generous window, but I notice the longer you've been in "parry stance", the more pushback you get, effectively making a mistimed parry a "block".

Is this making sense, or do I have it all wrong?

Gosh darn, chopping stuff is even more satisfying than I thought it would be. What a great gimmick in an already quality-looking action game. Really impressive. Totally sold on the gameplay - now all that's left is to see how it ties together with the MG plot and what Platinum have made out of the characters. Not that this matters when you're chopping things into hundreds of pieces, but I still have high hopes!

Welp, had my first dream about this game. I was in a stylish office building with smooth wood paneling and brushed steel everywhere. There were patrolling cyborg soldiers in the big room with the elevators.

I came down some stairs and tried to stealth kill a guy, but I screwed up and alerted everyone (which made me worry whether stealth will work in the final game). It was one of those dreams where you have full control over your actions. I was running a long walls, dodging gunfire and really slow, glowing missiles. Then I got food from a deli close by.

I don't remember actually cutting guys into ribbons, but there were some that appeared to glow like their missiles or turn into wood during the fight (they still moved though). It wasn't until just now that I realized they might have had octo-camo.

I haven't even played this demo yet... gonna be a long wait until release.

Top Bottom