• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising demo up on JP PSN [Region Locked. No US/EU/Asia. Snake? Snaaaaake!]

Oh hey, the Japanese website updated.

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/

xlrvl.jpg

And for some reason they still don't want to show Sunny. There's a short blurb about her though, don't know if it says anything new.

panty

So did you come in here just to make a condescending drive-by post and do nothing else?
Oh I'm not allowed?

I'm honestly baffled people are this pissed and some posters can't even fathom the reasoning behind this. It's clear as day.
Oh hey, the Japanese website updated.

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/

And for some reason they still don't want to show Sunny. There's a short blurb about her though, don't know if it says anything new.
That's a nice pic, *right click, save-as*

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Why, Konami. I wanted to try it...without buying the ZoE Collection. ._.

Oh I'm not allowed?

I'm honestly baffled people are this pissed and some posters can't even fathom the reasoning behind this. It's clear as day.
That's a nice pic, *right click, save-as*

Well, I dunno about not being allowed to, but if you have a very low opinion of an unreleased game and have no interest in changing your perception of it, it's best to steer clear of its topic entirely. I think.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
OH. SO CHRISTMAS IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED. OKAY KONAMI.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Now this is beyond stupid. At least for once I can be glad to own a JP console. Is the demo in English at least (still downloading)?

By the way, wasn't Japan supposed to get the new store a while ago? I still get the old store, not that I'm complaining.

winstano

Now this is beyond stupid. At least for once I can be glad to own a JP console. Is the demo in English at least (still downloading)?

Nope.

Do people honestly think Konami won't release the demo everywhere down the line? The reason for the region lock is probably due to the fact that the EU release was less than a month ago, and there would be some SERIOUSLY pissed off people if the demo could be gotten for free after such a short wait.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Haha yeah. Seemed like the dog concept from Vanquish, which was also unashamedly inspired by Casshern

Makes the US Steelbook cover even cooler to me

So..umm.. what if the actual game disc ended to be region locked too?

The actual demo was not region locked on the Japanese ZoE HD collection. Nor was the collection itself.

So I wouldn't worry about that. I think it's pretty clear by now that this is done for exclusivity. Seems in line with the demo not being playable without the disc in the US, or only on the disc on 360.

Speaking of ZoE HD, has there been any fix for the ps 3 version?

a fix for what?

For just the demo? No. I don't believe they'll ever release the demo for free in the west, on account of it being tied to the ZOE HD Collection (which costs money, of course).

I think they'll release it. It'll just be alot closer to the actual release of the game than 2 months

because after the game comes out that exclusivity with their other product means nothing. So I mean I can kind of understand the logic behind wanting to preserve that value in your product for as long as possible.

but I say this as someone who bought, played and enjoyed both the collection and the demo day 1. So I'm just chillin as this whole thing goes down lol

Torraz

Haha yeah. Seemed like the dog concept from Vanquish, which was also unashamedly inspired by Casshern

Makes the US Steelbook cover even cooler to me

The actual demo was not region locked on the Japanese ZoE HD collection. Nor was the collection itself.

So I wouldn't worry about that. I think it's pretty clear by now that this is done for exclusivity. Seems in line with the demo not being playable without the disc in the US, or only on the disc on 360.

a fix for what?

I think they'll release it. It'll just be alot closer to the actual release of the game than 2 months

because after the game comes out that exclusivity with their other product means nothing. So I mean I can kind of understand the logic behind wanting to preserve that value in your product for as long as possible.

but I say this as someone who bought, played and enjoyed both the collection and the demo day 1. So I'm just chillin as this whole thing goes down lol

I recall reports of horrible framerate (on PS3) for ZoE HD.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I recall reports of horrible framerate (on PS3) for ZoE HD.

There have been no improvements made and probably never will be.

Games are perfectly playable though so "fix" seems like a weird word to use. They aren't broken

Hah. Wow... Glad I didn't stay up for this. What a disappointment. It's a shame getting excited to try out a game you're looking forward to playing only for the devs (or publisher) to be all "Nope, it's not for you." Ah well. I'll wait until February.

Torraz

There have been no improvements made and probably never will be.

Games are perfectly playable though so "fix" seems like a weird word to use. They aren't broken

Alright, no first hand experience here. Some of the reports / forum posts may have been exaggerated.

t26

saw this on another forum

Gaming has changed.

ID tagged consoles download ID tagged demos. And endless series of downloads controlled by publishers. Hardware control. Software control. Distribution control. And he who controls demos controls history.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, no first hand experience here. Some of the reports / forum posts may have been exaggerated.

Some are. Some aren't. It most assuredly runs worse than the PS2 game(which didn't run that well to begin with) but it is by no means broken on unplayable

I think expectations were out of control more than anything

If you think you'll play the games even once, I think for 30 dollars you could do alot worse than the ZoE collection. especially with the Rising Demo

This reminds me...I'm gonna play the demo again this weekend. Loved going through it the first time but couldn't get past the final (I think) boss.

This reminds me...I'm gonna play the demo again this weekend. Loved going through it the first time but couldn't get past the final (I think) boss.

I thought it would be a tough boss fight from watching videos, but it's actually not. You just have to block all his attacks. Very satisfying when you get the timing right.

I wish there was a sideroll evade though.

I thought it would be a tough boss fight from watching videos, but it's actually not. You just have to block all his attacks. Very satisfying when you get the timing right.

I wish there was a sideroll evade though.

Yeah - I think I was pretty close to getting through. Lot's of fun though - I haven't enjoyed a demo this much in a long time.

Top Bottom