• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Satch

Banned
finally got the coins for sentai genji... now i just gotta get the dances for hanzo and mccree then ill have everything that i wanted

Wanderer5

Well whatever rocks their boat if they don't want to get anything.XD Been seeing quite a few leavers in QP actually.

Oh god, don't remind me. While it's possible to counter a team that protects their Bastion player, it can be a headache if you can't communicate/cordornate.

Well it got me play of the game at the last moment.:p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Spent 30 bucks on lootboxes.

Other than cruiser DVa...

26d.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, I'm easing my way back in, but i don't think I'll ever be as hardcore as i was before lol.

Good to be back though.

Never lost a defense in Total Mayhem during this event, lost three tonight. There was a Widow on my team in all three games, I'm past the point at being mad at it, just confused at this point. How can you be so bad at understanding how the game works?

It's like this game is saying "Just go back to Tekken, there is nothing for you here tonight."

Edit: Got 1500 XP for playing an elimination game in winning. The next game I got put on the winning side in a game that literally ended as I joined, got 3300 XP. Minus the 1000xp backfill bonus, that's still more than what I got. I gained more XP by doing nothing than playing an actual game. The hell?

Veelk

Banned
*Gets 2485 SR*

Oh my god. oh. my. god.

Platinum. Within my reach.

*loses game. 2460 SR*

Um...well, that's too bad, but it's still good. If I win the next one, I might just get enough to push through!

*Gets leaver next round. 2440.*

Well, atleast I can get close if I win the next one?

*Lost to an attack Torb on Dorodo. 2400*

Sisyphus.gif~c200

Okay, fine, overwatch. I can take a hint. I'm out for tonight.

randome

*Gets 2485 SR*

Oh my god. oh. my. god.

Platinum. Within my reach.

*loses game. 2460 SR*

Um...well, that's too bad, but it's still good. If I win the next one, I might just get enough to push through!

*Gets leaver next round. 2440.*

Well, atleast I can get close if I win the next one?

*Lost to an attack Torb on Dorodo. 2400*

Sisyphus.gif~c200

Okay, fine, overwatch. I'm out.

Lmao that's exactly what I'm scared of happening to me.

I loved playing today. Straight 8 matches with teammates doing absolutely nothing and the other teams working together. I get in matches with good people on my team in what... 1 of out 20 matches? Seriously sometimes players piss me off so much.

Veelk

Banned
Lmao that's exactly what I'm scared of happening to me.

The last game had atleast 2 users throwing around racial obscenities. As soon as I entered I though "Dammit, this is not a good start".

There is a point where the game itself communicates to you "If you keep playing, I'm gonna make sure to put you in teams you lose in" and that was the final confirmation.

... I'm deleting this garbage game. I wanna play/dl Titanfall 2 again. That game is fun! :)

Never seeing anotherd dime from me blizzard, you fucking hacks.

why you do this to me blizz. can't place me in games with support only players.
after 3 rounds on oasis a mercy OTP switches and tells team she can't play anything but mercy. because i locked in zen and someone else picked lucio. the mercy player picked winston who was doing fine tbh. but still. RIP

Mik317

I am terrible at this game but has the ps4 playerbase gotten bad lately? Like I die and then watch my other teammates just flail around. I'd go to the PC version but I got too many costumes on ps4 lol.

Wow. Literally carried a game as Zen with heals from Lucio, killed the whole team. That's getting saved.

Zen with a Lucio or Ana is no joke. My win rate on him is obscene when paired with one of them. Plus Ana and Lucio mains are really cool people down here at the lower SRs. "Fun to play with" will lead me to forgive a multitude of sins (like a little too much speed boost, or demonstrating that legendary Silver aim with your scoped heals).

DOWN

Banned
Never had this few skins or this many duplicate crap items in an event before

30 boxes and only a Genji skin

Danj

Just had a comp game with a player who said he had a mic but had "nothing to say". WTF

who does that, who goes into comp and has a mic but isn't gonna communicate.

Kakaroach

Hey gaf. I'm looking to buy a PS4 and overwatch tomorrow. I've watched a ton of the game and am excited to hop in. Anything I should know before I get into this?

I ended buying 5 lootboxes. Apart from that, and leveling once or twice a day...

-Bastion anniversary skin
- 3 Dance Emotes

I should keep trying, but online with strangers give so much​ anxiety that I need to cool down fast. If anybody wants to do something on EU (non competitive), I'm in.

And after today, back to single player stuff. At least in Destiny I would get pretty decent rewards most often :/ it feels like the game is rather repetitive for me.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Elo hell is real. I basically accidentally smurfed my account to 1400 by not caring at all about winning in quick play and not bothering to actually learn what to do during placements and the first 20 or 30 competitive games.

I am definitely climbing, with a record of 97-72-10 including those first bad competitive games, but it's so damn slow. I don't feel like I'm close to hitting my SR wall either. Just occasional bad stretches from me tilting.

I really could use some SR acceleration here, because it takes so damn long for it to even out.

Danj

Elo hell is real. I basically accidentally smurfed my account to 1400 by not caring at all about winning in quick play and not bothering to actually learn what to do during placements and the first 20 or 30 competitive games.

Somehow I don't think Elo hell is the problem here...

Finally got to platinum rank on PC :D

Started last season at 1600 SR. Just grinded to find the perfect sens and get better mechanical skill.

Took me a while especially trying to get that last 100 SR. I pretty much played anything and everything. 76, Tracer, Genji, D.Va, Rein, Hog, Zarya, Winston, Ana, Zen, and Lucio.

Refuse to play Pharah or Mercy, especially mercy. I think she sucks. Lol. Also refuse to be a one trick or a person who only plays one class. I always pick what the team needs....

But now I suck on console. I am no longer a mid-Masters player on Xbox One. :p Probably a diamond player honestly.

Competitive game on Volskaya. Defending first. I was Mercy. We had a Rein, a D.Va, a Junkrat, a Soldier and a Sym.

All in all it looks like a decent team. The Reinhardt says "Could Junkrat please change? He's not very good." No reply came. Everyone stayed the same.

We defended fantastically. The other side couldn't get to the first marker.

Easy victory coming up. All we need to win is to get the first point a third of the way.

PREPARE TO ATTACK.

Everyone picks the same character as they went with first round bar Sym who switched to Zen.

Reinhardt again: "For fuck sake, Junkrat. Switch! He's shit!" No response. "Right, fuck it. I'm throwing the game then." He then changes to Widowmaker.

Complete clusterfuck ensues.

DEFEAT.

Why are people like this? Why go into the game with this notion of what's right and what's wrong and if people aren't doing what you see as right just choose to throw? It was an easy victory, but rather than getting that this complete bellend decided not to bother because he doesn't like Junkrat? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The Junkrat got a card for most damage incidentally.

Blues1990

I wish there was a way to practice with some sort of common sense. I want to better myself with other heroes, but the Practice Range and battling against Ana bots can only do so much.

Any suggestions?

I wish there was a way to practice with some sort of common sense. I want to better myself with other heroes, but the Practice Range and battling against Ana bots can only do so much.

Any suggestions?

Maybe a custom quick play game with friends, although I am not sure if we can do it with less than the required amount of characters. I could be in for some training on EU. Jumping right now for a quickie.

Speaking of cross region play, what's the maximum acceptable latency? I usually have 28ms on EU (12 ms on speedtest.net), but going to the US I have around 100-120ms. And I am living nearing the end point of the new transatlantic cable they are installing, but who knows it it will amount to anything.

Let me switch servers. I won't have my mic on, if that's alright?

Blues1990#1733

My bad dude, I just finished a comp game, and now i have to run an errand I'll be back later for some games, I'll get your tag in the meantime if that's all right!

Top Bottom