• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman nicknamed "The Ice Cream Killer" is too dangerous for all woman prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/female-ice-cream-killer-moved-all-male-prison-article-1.2948632

dv1352118.jpg

Estibaliz Carranza, aka the ”Ice Cream Killer," is too cold-blooded for a female prison.

Carranza, 38, who brutally murdered her husband and a lover in 2008 after they failed to get her pregnant, is being moved to a special center in Asten, Austria.

Officials are citing the danger she poses as the reason.

She killed both men, cut them up with a chainsaw and hid them in an ice cream freezer at the parlor she owned, masking the smell with air freshener, Metro reports.

The Mexican-born-Spaniard will be housed at a facility currently holding 91 male prisoners, with 13 female inmates en route there.

Also stationed at the new destination are 45 nurses, 18 therapists, four doctors and eight prison guards.

The facility — featuring a lounge and TV area — allows for free movement and has single and double rooms, along with cooking amenities.

Court psychologist Heidi Kastner, who testified during the earlier trial, said that Carranza was accountable for her actions and that she had a high chance of relapse, Metro writes.

The psychologist had also suggested therapy would not work for the killer.

Was going to make the thread title "Woman nicknamed "The Ice Cream Killer" is being sent to all male prison", but it seems thirteen other women are being sent there as well.

What the hell snaps in your brain that makes you kill two men you presumably love or have loved over that?

People are scary.

Slaythe

"We can't have her be a danger to other women criminals. Let's have her kill random guys instead".

Sounds fair.

Volimar

Surely there are ample barriers between the men and women, right? It's not like a coed dorm, right? I mean the bit about allowing for free movement makes me wonder...

DeviantBoi

A nickname for just two murders?

When I hear Ice Cream Killer I think of a serial killer that makes ice cream out of his/her victims and then goes around in an ice cream truck selling them.

And I think of Dexter.

And Twisted Metal, too.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I imagine her as the human woman version of Roberto from Futurama

roberto-o.gif

Roberto: Hey Bender, you ever killed a man with a sock? It ain't so hard. Ha-HAA!

She apparently was 3 months pregnant with a child from her then current BF (not the one she killed) when she was arrested. The child was taken away and her parents are now raising it.

Sesha

"Random guys"? You mean male criminals?

That makes them dying okay, then? Apparently the prison system has it all wrong. Why make prisoners serve a sentence when you can just kill them instead. Damn, you got it all figured out.

"We can't have her be a danger to other women criminals. Let's have her kill random guys instead".

Sounds fair.

Presumably the security is tighter at this other prison.

If you google for images of her, and you see the various pictures of her in court (wearing the grey dress), she has that "Zero fucks given" look in literally every photo. There is absolutely nothing there. She is 100% gone and never coming back from that.

If you google for images of her, and you see the various pictures of her in court (wearing the grey dress), she has that "Zero fucks given" state in literally every photo. There is absolutely nothing there. She is 100% gone and never coming back from that.

I wonder how psychologists and professionals arrive at "this person is unfixable" conclusion. We talk a lot about rehabilitation for people, but it seems some people are too far gone to be mended. Do these people just rot away, or do psychologists continue some kind of therapy/treatment?

Kinyou

I expected that this means the prison is like supermax, however this

The facility — featuring a lounge and TV area — allows for free movement and has single and double rooms, along with cooking amenities.

sounds pretty chill

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
The psychologist says she is accountable for her actions, but also has a high chance of relapse. And that hopefully she gets treatment, but therapy won't work. Hmm...

Maledict

This article is literally the opposite of what I'm reading elsewhere. She's being sent to this prison because she's shown improvement since initial sentencing, and this facility is more geared towards therapy and recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom