• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women harrassed while eating ice cream - "I don't want them here in my country"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

White ppl on notice.

But at least we're to the point where behavior like this is seen for what it is by a healthy majority of people. I do feel horrible when reading stories of people stuck in overwhelmingly racist areas, just have the worst vitriol shouted at them and have no sympathetic voices to back them up. That must be the worst feeling. =(

Lamel

Banned
What a sad person. Reminds me of the "What Would You Do" skit with the muslim woman in a texas gas station; it was pretty sad to see. But a lot of people did defend the woman too, so that was also great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWmBUONtFY

incoming 10 page debate about this isn't racism because Islam isn't a race.

nothing gaf loves more than arguing semantics.

Seriously, I really dislike that shit. You have to be truly dense to not realize that there is definitely a racial component to a large amount of the hate that muslims receive. Not all mind you, but it would be foolish to deny it.

56dQqIa.png

Her Tweet.

I love that this stuff is attached to Trumps hip immediately. Guy is going to get massacred in November. Absolutely annihilated. Can't wait to see the people doing all the handwringing and "None of this hurts Trump gaiz it just helps him" stuff to be flat out flabbergasted as to how it happened.

Don't worry, I'm saving 4chan pro-Trump posts so I can paste them together like I did for R-money's after the general last time. /pol/ was a total shitstorm for weeks afterward and ended up getting shut down because of racism for a few days.

PSqueak

Banned
Nope, because as soon as people start suggesting he lose his job you'll have millions of apologists!

"Think about his family gaiz! How will this change his views?!! How will he learn?! He's just going to double down! We (this is never truly "we" but "you" as in the oppressed) should be understanding and empathize <article link here> not ridicule! "We" have to be better! Those girls shouldn't have said anything, both sides! Let's not be quick to call him a racist!"

Ah yes, the eternal struggle, on an emotional and moral level, one wants him to be fired for being such an asshole, but deep down one knows that on a professional level, non PR people shouldn't be punished at work for their off the clock actions.

Don't worry, I'm saving 4chan pro-Trump posts so I can paste them together like I did for R-money's after the general last time. /pol/ was a total shitstorm for weeks afterward and ended up getting shut down because of racism for a few days.

Woah, the racist quarantine board of 4chan of all places got shut down for too much racism?!
That's like Advanced Racism.

Nope, because as soon as people start suggesting he lose his job you'll have millions of apologists!

"Think about his family gaiz! How will this change his views?!! How will he learn?! He's just going to double down! We (this is never truly "we" but "you" as in the oppressed) should be understanding and empathize <article link here> not ridicule! "We" have to be better! Those girls shouldn't have said anything, both sides! Let's not be quick to call him a racist!"

How is his family supposed to enjoy ice cream now though? THINK ABOUT THAT.

lol @ "Sucks for you"

Shy Fingers

Banned
I'm so glad my first job out of college involved interacting closely on a team around the world. Really introduced me to a lot of new cultures, religions, and what not really quickly. Really helped me grow from my sheltered, very white american, life up until that point

Congratulations on getting the ball rolling.

I'm chuckling because I can't even begin to read that without it dripping in over the top sarcasm

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Good on the ice cream shop for not tolerating that nonsense.

Slacker

incoming 10 page debate about this isn't racism because Islam isn't a race.

nothing gaf loves more than arguing semantics.

You wanted to call someone out for doing it but were disappointed that you couldn't yet, right?

Congratulations on getting the ball rolling.

Reminds me of what happens on reddit when a post prompts inappropriate responses. Comments section usually ends up looking like this:

Controversial Topic!
1 Reasonable response
2 Reasonable response
3 Reasonable response
4 Reasonable response
5 Reasonable response
6 Reasonable response
7 WTF is with all these unreasonable responses?!?
8 WTF is with all these unreasonable responses?!?
9 WTF is with all these unreasonable responses?!?
10 WTF is with all these unreasonable responses?!?
11 WTF is with all these unreasonable responses?!?
12 WTF is with all these unreasonable responses?!?
13 WTF is with all these unreasonable responses?!?
14 Unreasonable response
15 Unreasonable response

Woah, the racist quarantine board of 4chan of all places got shut down for too much racism?!
That's like Advanced Racism.

There's a certain point that it stops being satirical and starts going full stormfront, and when moot still actively ran things, mods would remove threads quickly and efficiently.

It's amazing how people with reduce each other to mere nothings without any personal knowledge. Those muslim women could just be trying to live their lives, but that's too far fetched. Bet their about to bomb a good old protestant church any minute now...

Amory

I can't even understand how someone could do something like this. Like, I literally can't comprehend what kind of person you'd have to be to go up to some random girls enjoying an ice cream cone and start yelling at them out of nowhere.

Stupidity and fear is a hell of a combo

glow

Banned
I know incidences happen like this all the time but I'm curious if they've been more frequent since that scumbag Trump started campaigning and spewing his hate all over TV and social media.

seems like a tru american just cant go to town for some dessert anymore without seeing his country being taken little by little. first they infiltrate the bakeries, now ice cream shops. this isnt the americone dream

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
seems like a tru american just cant go to town for some dessert anymore without seeing his country being taken little by little. first they infiltrate the bakeries, now ice cream shops. this isnt the americone dream

maybe it's the hazed and confused

Zombine

Banned
Wtf let these poor girls eat their ice cream in peace. Holy crap they're really pretty too. What a fucking tool this guy is.

They had me laughing at "Sucks for you!"

Good on them for keeping their composure, good on the ice cream joint for not tolerating that behavior.

IvanJ

Banned
Damn Ice Cream store kicking the true American out.
What's next: Serving ice cream to gays? Pissing in a wrong bathroom?

Someone quick draft a House Bill #3: No bible, No Ice-cream act of 2016!

The reason for this is because people conceptually don't like the idea of someone losing their job over just some mean words because, to other white people anyway, that's all they are. Words.

Call your boss or coworker a cunt muscle (add a racial slur for maximum damage) and see if you keep your job.

KevinCow

Banned
Whenever I hear about situations like this, I seriously can't understand what's going through these people's minds to make them go out of their way to start shit with random strangers just because they're a different color or speaking a different language or something. They're just crazy, horrible people who society would frankly be better off without.

YN12

Banned
Damn America! How could the white guy get thrown out of the Ice Cream parlor, while the two terrorists sat there enjoying the icy creamy taste of freedom?

If Trump was your president, only white christians would be eating delicious gelato in America.

Damn America! How could the white guy get thrown out of the Ice Cream parlor, while the two terrorists sat there enjoying the icy creamy taste of freedom?

If Trump was your president, only white christians would be eating delicious gelato in America.

Gelato sounds dangerously foreign.

KmA

Every action has consequences. And if you're gonna be a racist piece of garbage, why not show them that this also has consequences? Honestly I really doubt the people saying "he shouldn't lose his job" understand what it's like to be on the receiving end of racism. It isn't just a few words lmao. It's systematic dehumanization.

Would've maybe bought the guy ice cream just to maybe cool him off. Maybe that surprising act of kindness could make him see things differently.

Sucks to be him though.

Dali

What kinda hard core piece of shit do you have to be to not even be cool in a goddamn ice cream parlour?

YN12

Banned
What kinda hard core piece of shit do you have to be to not even be cool in a goddamn ice cream parlour?

Gelato shops in Italy are like sacred places. People eat silently, like after receiving the holy communion. Often the owner of the establishment will wash the customers' feet.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I can't help but feel bad for someone like that. How miserable is your life, that you do that? Or is it mental illness? There used to be a lady who used to scream "America is a whoooooore" over and over, in my old hood. You could hear it for like 5km. Since then when people make giant scenes for no reason, just to be hateful, I wonder if they're mentally ill.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that this isn't just another regular ass racist throwing a hissy fit? These people exist, racism exist and in plenty.

You probably don't intend to come of this way, but this sentiment strike me as very similar to people refusing to admit to problems with gun control / gun ownership. It's not the guns, it's mental illness. It's not real racism, it's mental illness.

negitoro7

It's never all that surprising. I live in Vancouver (quite multicultural), and was treated that way at a popular restaurant here. The venom that the old couple displayed towards me and my gf at the time (we're Chinese) really cut me deep. Only in my case, the staff didn't do anything about it.

I can't help but feel bad for someone like that. How miserable is your life, that you do that? Or is it mental illness? There used to be a lady who used to scream "America is a whoooooore" over and over, in my old hood. You could hear it for like 5km. Since then when people make giant scenes for no reason, just to be hateful, I wonder if they're mentally ill.
Racists can just be racists, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom