• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women harrassed while eating ice cream - "I don't want them here in my country"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if there's one group that you can really rely on being awful racists, it's the liberal, British, secular humanist evolutionary biologists. Those people are monsters.

The idea that liberals can't be bigoted like anyone else is a terribly dangerous assumption. I mean I personally was caught off guard during the recent Canadian election, hearing some things my liberal, literal NDP-volunteer mother was saying.

Heck, Islamophobia single-handedly allowed the Conservative party's sinking ship claw back up to first from third in the polls.

... I don't even know how "British" became a part of this equation...

The idea that liberals can't be bigoted like anyone else is a terribly dangerous assumption. I mean I personally was caught off guard during the recent Canadian election, hearing some things my liberal, literal NDP-volunteer mother was saying.

We already have a Dawkins thread full of bad-faith arguments about his supposed beliefs, so I don't want to derail, but I mean to comment on the drive by "Dawkins=Islamophobe" nonsense specifically. It's lazy, it doesn't take his belief system or the point of his criticism of Islam into account, I don't think it's true that he's an Islamophobe any more than just a general critic of religions, and when you put together the Venn diagram of attributes I laid out, it's very unlikely to have the center area result in some kind of Trump-voting idiot like the guy in the video.

I don't want them in my country either. Vertical video takers are just the worst.

TJAgT3E.png

WELL I LIKE VERTICAL VIDEOS

Can you imagine thinking like this guy?

"Oh boy I'm hungry for some ice cream! I'll just head on inside and...OH GREAT WHAT ARE THESE MUSLIMS DOING HERE?! I'M GOING TO CREATE A BIG SCENE FOR NO REASON AND GET KICKED OUT WHILE BEING FILMED THREATENING THEM FOR SITTING IN AN ICE CREAM SHOP EATING ICE CREAM IN MY COUNTRY!!!"

I get to witness people like this once in a while. They tend to think they have some privileged right to demand who gets to live or not in "their" country. They talk smack towards LBGT, minorities because to them, we're at the lowest part of the pecking order.

It's ingrained in them either by family or by church. I've been to a church years ago where all they'd talk about is fear of us "allowing" changes to happen to "their" country. Worse still, there are crackpots who believe all those end times nonsense because apparently the bible predicted the United States and Obama being president, One World Gov't etc (typical crackpot dribble from the hardcore right).

Hearing them talk about this for a long period of time, I'd have to get up and leave the room before I laugh myself to death.

Heck, Islamophobia single-handedly allowed the Conservative party's sinking ship claw back up to first from third in the polls.

If you want a good look at racist af liberals look no further than many Bernie bros.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Don't worry, I'm saving 4chan pro-Trump posts so I can paste them together like I did for R-money's after the general last time. /pol/ was a total shitstorm for weeks afterward and ended up getting shut down because of racism for a few days.

the most embarrassing thing about this is that you admit to reading 4chan

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
After 911 had people say racist stuff to me and I'm not even middle eastern. Glad I moved to a more liberal city.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I don't get how these type of people can feel so emboldened to not only say such things but then come back in and accuse someone of being rude to them.

Really?

I can't fathom how oblivious this person is.

PSqueak

Banned
We already have a Dawkins thread full of bad-faith arguments about his supposed beliefs, so I don't want to derail, but I mean to comment on the drive by "Dawkins=Islamophobe" nonsense specifically.

What drive by? there are several post by me in this thread, some which address why i made that joke, but most just discussing the thread's topic at hand.

And for that matter i wasn't the only one making dawkins jokes either.

Reminds me of a woman I refuse to now serve, the first person I refuse to serve.

She says to me one day "This place is going more and more downhill every day. Can you believe there's a black man working here?? What's wrong with this country!"

but it's just mcdonalds so i'm sure it happens too often to be on buzzfeed or anything.

Reminds me of a woman I refuse to now serve, the first person I refuse to serve.

She says to me one day "This place is going more and more downhill every day. Can you believe there's a black man working here?? What's wrong with this country!"

but it's just mcdonalds so i'm sure it happens too often to be on buzzfeed or anything.
I think you should feed people like that as much McDonalds food as you can. I'd give her food for free.

redlegs87

I honestly don't know how I'd act if I was saw something like this happen in person. I've only ever seen stuff like this in videos never in person so I can only imagine. I'd hope I'd be able to stand up to someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom