• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman nicknamed "The Ice Cream Killer" is too dangerous for all woman prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sounds like her life's been quite the rocky road.

image.php

Sunster

Surely there are ample barriers between the men and women, right? It's not like a coed dorm, right? I mean the bit about allowing for free movement makes me wonder...

maybe Austrian prisons are not rape infested violence pens like in America.

PSqueak

Banned
What the hell snaps in your brain that makes you kill two men you presumably love or have loved over that?

People are scary.

Given that she killed them for being unable to get her pregnant i say she never loved them and she just wanted kids.

she should have gone to a sperm bank or something.

Mareg

"The facility — featuring a lounge and TV area — allows for free movement and has single and double rooms"

She will get pregnant all right.

Dalibor68

Banned
Asten is like a psychiatric institution for mentally abnormal criminals, not an ordinary prison.

Ironically I'm austrian and have an exam about our penal system in 5min lol.

Mr Git

Kind of strange to be labelled too dangerous for x prison, so being sent to an open prison.
I wonder what the air freshener was. It'd be pretty good advertising for them that it even masks the smell of death.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/estibaliz-carranza-murder-husband-ice-cream-parlor_n_2165849.html

Goidsargi Estibaliz Carranza Zabala, 34, confessed in an Austrian court yesterday to killing her ex-husband and hiding his body parts in the storage cellar of her ice cream parlor in Vienna, then doing the same thing to her boyfriend two years later, News.com.au reports.

Carranza admitted that when Holger Holz refused to move out after their 2008 divorce, she shot him in the head three times while he was working at his computer. She hacked his body apart with a chain saw and embedded the parts in cement chunks, according the AFP.

In 2010, Carranza was dating a new man, Manfred Hinterberger, and the two got into a drunken argument one November night. Carranza believed he was cheating on her, though there has been no proof to substantiate her suspicion.

“He turned his face to the wall and started snoring,” Carranza told the court. “I was so angry. I had the gun under the mattress. I took it out, loaded and shot.”

She killed him with the same gun she had used to murder Holz, then disposed of his body in the same way.

Maintenance workers stumbled upon the remains of both men in July 2011. Carranza fled to Italy, but was captured and extradited.

When she was arrested, she was pregnant with the child of a third man. The two married in prison in March 2011.

Carranza says her new husband is “totally different” from her previous flames, the Global Post reported. “He is very gentle, the opposite of macho,” she said. “He would not bring me into such a situation.”

She gave birth in January, but the boy was placed in the care of Carranza’s parents.

Shieeeeeet

I Would impregnate that

I mean, you'd need to unless you enjoy being in pieces in a freezer.

Carranza says her new husband is ”totally different" from her previous flames, the Global Post reported. ”He is very gentle, the opposite of macho," she said. ”He would not bring me into such a situation."
Lady, you have plenty of testosterone to go around.

i remember this woman...some scary shit but I don't think she's too dangerous, I never met her but it's not like she's Cyborg(MMA fighter) walking into prison

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This article is literally the opposite of what I'm reading elsewhere. She's being sent to this prison because she's shown improvement since initial sentencing, and this facility is more geared towards therapy and recovery.

It would be great if you could link a source.

That makes them dying okay, then? Apparently the prison system has it all wrong. Why make prisoners serve a sentence when you can just kill them instead. Damn, you got it all figured out.

Wow, way to completely and incorrectly assume that you had any idea what I was talking about whatsoever. That'll get you really far with people. You should probably work on your people skills.

The person I quoted went from "women criminals" to "random guys", and I thought that was an unfair comparison that he wrote in a way to somehow make it sound like "innocent males were getting the short end of the stick again", or something.. So I corrected what he said from "random guys" to "male criminals".

I in no way think that the life of someone in prison is inherently less valuable than the life of someone outside of it.

zeioIIDX

You do not fuck with Spanish women. They will cut you.

Yeah...I was married to a woman who was only mixed, she was black and Guatemalan/Mexican but that woman was unstable and in fact did try to cut me one night. Needless to say, I divorced her (for many other reasons among that). Her family was not so stable either. Her grandma is full-on Guatemalan and I remember her throwing a VCR down the stairs at someone. My ex wife's mom and aunt were just as unstable. Yeesh.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wonder how psychologists and professionals arrive at "this person is unfixable" conclusion. We talk a lot about rehabilitation for people, but it seems some people are too far gone to be mended. Do these people just rot away, or do psychologists continue some kind of therapy/treatment?

While I think most people have a serious chance at rehabilitation given the right attention, care etc. there are probably some out there who it will most likely not happen to. The Charles Manson's and John Wayne Gacy's and the like. Serial killers and others who see humans as something other than human. As adults its probably too late to change their ways of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom