• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

Instro

The fact that people say I'm asking questions or make it seem that I'm subtly advocating this is ridiculous though.

For me, I dont know who is in the car, or what his deal is. I'm not even defending the driver, just acknowledging the fact that sometimes, we do stupid shit because we are scared. That's all there is to it.

Does intent really matter right now? Regardless of whether he paniced or not, if the response was to run through a large group people(twice), and then flee the scene, he's going to prison. Temporary insanity doesn't work as a defense.

I'm saying people do stupid shit in panic. It happens.

I once accidentally hit a car. In panic I hit the gas pedal again and rammed the back. :|

Trying to justify the murder of people that support an inclusive world by claiming that the murderous Nazi scum was panicking should inform everyone on this forum and those you know personally what type of person you are.

- J - D -

FlutterPuff exists here as a reminder that every one of these kinds threads has an foolish devil's advocate. Best to just leave him be.

linkboy

I can't really tell in the alternate view video King Tubby posted. I see a white square where the plate should be, but can't tell if that's a plate or a frame for holding one.

It's got Ohio plates, now if they're registered to this car, who knows.

DHDSfLBW0AEwc3B.jpg

Ristifer

The fact that people say I'm asking questions or make it seem that I'm subtly advocating this is ridiculous though.

For me, I dont know who is in the car, or what his deal is. I'm not even defending the driver, just acknowledging the fact that sometimes, we do stupid shit because we are scared. That's all there is to it.
What kind of mentality is this?

So, you're telling me that if you were in that crowd, and someone ended up accelerating into you, injuring dozens of people, that you'd be limping away saying "Oh, well, accidents happen I guess! I wonder if he had a seizure..."?

Not buying it.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Do we have any listings of deaths or people in critical yet? I saw something say no deaths reported yet. But can't confirm anything.

It's a wow from me if no deaths, amazing considering the footage. Which I don't care to view a second time.

Hoping and Praying for these folk.

rjinaz

If I get banned for calling him out on his shit, then I'll accept the ban and realise that GAF is more about appeasement and being nice to evil bastards than doing what is right.

Just trying to look out for you man. I don't disagree.

giga

Do we have any listings of deaths or people in critical yet? I saw something say no deaths reported yet. But can't confirm anything.

It's a wow from me if no deaths, amazing considering the footage. Which I don't care to view a second time.

One dead so far.

MIMIC

Banned
CNN reporting that 1 person has died

EDIT: Don't know whether it's related to the car, or just from the protests.

linkboy

There's a twitter link on the previous page where the mayor says one person died.

Vamphuntr

He was so scared of protesters with anti-hate flags that he ran over them at full speed and killed one?

Does intent really matter right now? Regardless of whether he paniced or not, if the response was to run through a large group people(twice), and then flee the scene, he's going to prison. Temporary insanity doesn't work as a defense.
Yeah, of course he deserves to go to prison, whether he did it on purpose or not.

Im glad he got arrested so we can get a conclusion over this. Nothing worse than a hit and run driver getting away.

I knew we would get a "just asking questions" guy sooner or later, didn't think it would be this soon.

Yeah, of course he deserves to go to prison, whether he did it on purpose or not.

Im glad he got arrested so we can get a conclusion over this. Nothing worse than a hit and run driver getting away.

LMFAO too late to change your tune now, buddy.

Goofalo

You're right. Casting doubt on a violent act of hatred isn't as bad as actually killing someone out of hatred.

Toxi

Banned

Charlottesville mayor just confirmed someone died.

SexyFish

Banned
Guy interviewed right now on MSNBC is saying that people in white nationalist clothing were directing him where to go when he reversed out of the crowd apparently.

Take it with a grain of salt with that though.

Burt

Eyewitness on MSNBC says that other witnesses saw people wearing white nationalist garb directing the driver out as he reversed.

So, super unreliable, but fuck these people.

Being scared only seemingly justifies murder by firearm against a black person. Not this.

Whether he was scared or not is no defense.

kmax

But these sort of motherfuckers have always been around. Always. It's just now it's too damn easy to read/hear their garbage.

It's well established that they are racist, human garbage indeed. Now however, they are terrorist sympathizers. To have the audacity to normalize terrorism is disgusting.

I'm all about asking dumb questions and waiting to hear the facts before judging, but like, what even possible alternative is there to the obvious here? I don't understand.

Top Bottom