• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

O_Atoll

If I get banned for calling him out on his shit, then I'll accept the ban and realise that GAF is more about appeasement and being nice to evil bastards than doing what is right.
Dude just speak your mind. The time has passed for people to just stay silent when shit like this is happening. It's time to fucking talk about it to let out how we feel about how our country is getting destroyed by these racist motherfuckers and their sympathizers.

this is happening

images
Nah fam. America ain't even close to 1930s Germany.

this is nowhere on the front of t_d

fucking amazing

totally alternate reality
Not about to defend that sub, but his tweet about the attack is serving as a thread for it, and that's on the front page.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Truly a cowardly non-answer from a President too scared to call out a gross segment of our population that, mostly, voted for him. But hey, let's make sure to call Islamic terrorism what it is!

I am so confused, who are the protesters and who are the counter protesters? This all spired from a white nationalist rally right? I am try to read news articles to make sense of this :/

Regarding the car, senseless violence, tragic

CSJ

Large crowds and protests around street traffic is a big fucking no for me, people get pissed off both as a pedestrian and damaging cars as well as drivers getting road rage and using their car as a weapon.

Tons of videos online of drivers going beserk; don't chance it, ever.

Goofalo

I tried on some site and it came up with a Challenger registered in Ohio, but you need to pay to see names and shit.

I have a databases at work where I could look this guy up, all his relatives, his last 10 relatives, any property he owns, phone records, power bills, civil and criminal court records. But that is unethical, and news orgs have the same database and they are already in his business.

SexyFish

Banned
I am so confused, who are the protesters and who are the counter protesters? This all spired from a white nationalist rally right? I am try to read news articles to make sense of this :/

Counter protesters are antifa, black lives matter, general people that don't think white supremacy should have any fucking place in the US.

They were the ones hit by the car here.

gutshot

In case anyone was wondering whether alt-right leaders would take a long hard look in the mirror after this Alex Jones is saying the riots were staged so the Left could declare martial law and ban Conservative gatherings while Mike Cernovich is blaming the mainstream media for inciting violence and saying "the left has declared jihad against us".

Fucking idiots, the lot of them.

White nationalists and neo-Nazis held a rally, in part to protest the city of Charlottesville taking down Confederate monuments. Counterprotesters are there to keep the Nazis in check. A neo-Nazi piece of shit drove a car at high speed into a large crowd of counterprotesters.

The protestors were white supremacists protesting the removal of a confederate statue. The counter protesters are anti-racists.

Toxi

Banned
Large crowds and protests around street traffic is a big fucking no for me, people get pissed off both as a pedestrian and damaging cars as well as drivers getting road rage and using their car as a weapon.

Tons of videos online of drivers going beserk; don't chance it, ever.
Watch the video. The crowd wasn't around the car when he decided to speed up and plow into them.

SkyOdin

The protesters were mostly white supremacists who were unhappy about a Confederate monument being removed from the town. The counter-protesters were people who didn't like white supremacists marching through town. The car hit the later group.

In case anyone was wondering whether alt-right leaders would take a long hard look in the mirror after this Alex Jones is saying the riots were staged so the Left could declare martial law and ban Conservative gatherings while Mike Cernovich is blaming the mainstream media for inciting violence and saying "the left has declared jihad against us".

lol Alex Jones is a fuckin loon. I still can't tell if he believes anything he says, and I can't tell how many people actually follow him because they believe him or because they want to laugh.

I have a feeling finding out those numbers would be disheartening though.

I hope every person that seriously or jokingly said people should just plow into protestors blocking streets takes a good look in a mirror right now. You supported this.

slider

Thoughts with the victims and witnesses. Fucking cowardly fuck. Hope they get what they so richly deserve.

Assuming no kids were there. Just looking for a brightside.

Oppo

they're already saying that about this. "chaos agents" and all that horseshit.

so fucking convenient

The protesters were mostly white supremacists who were unhappy about a Confederate monument being removed from the town. The counter-protesters were people who didn't like white supremacists marching through town. The car hit the later group.

The protestors were white supremacists protesting the removal of a confederate statue. The counter protesters are anti-racists.

White nationalists and neo-Nazis held a rally, in part to protest the city of Charlottesville taking down Confederate monuments. Counterprotesters are there to keep the Nazis in check. A neo-Nazi piece of shit drove a car at high speed into a large crowd of counterprotesters.

Counter protesters are antifa, black lives matter, general people that don't think white supremacy should have any fucking place in the US.

They were the ones hit by the car here.

Ok, I understand. I thought the protesters were people protesting an alt right rally for the Confederate thing and the counter protesters were more alt right people, this makes more sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
There were two cars, a van in front of this one. The periscope video in OT ends with people helping a woman out of the van with a bloody forehead.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. That car stopped the attack.

Even more so the van then. The speed that Charger was going at probably would have launched the other sedan pretty far if not for the van absorbing even more of the impact. This could have been so much worse.

When I get the time later I want to start a gofundme for the owner of the silver car. The act of parking their car at that spot saved some lives.

Get. This. Chucklefuck. Out. Of. Office.

By ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Any unorthodox means of getting rid of Trump will only result in disaster and have more people side with the Nazis. Our best shot is to block him by winning congress in 2018, and winning the presidency in 2020.

I have a databases at work where I could look this guy up, all his relatives, his last 10 relatives, any property he owns, phone records, power bills, civil and criminal court records. But that is unethical, and news orgs have the same database and they are already in his business.

Obviously unethical, but it's not a bad idea for someone to get screen caps of his facebook before authorities lock it, or whatever they do. At least if it proves him to be a supremacist.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Associated Press‏ @AP

BREAKING: Hospital official says one dead, 19 injured after car plows into a group of protesters in downtown Charlottesville, Va.

Goofalo

Obviously unethical, but it's not a bad idea for someone to get screen caps of his facebook before authorities lock it, or whatever they do. At least if it proves him to be a supremacist.

It will come out, because people are dumb. And honestly, with that search software, I don't even have to try hard. I can run a social media scrape and it pulls up stuff people thought they deleted.

Top Bottom