• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro-Trump demonstrators, counter-protesters rally in downtown Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
The rest of the state (in my experience) seethes with hated of Seattle.

Parts of the penninsuala are full of retired liberals.

But yeah, you don't have to go far outside Seattl to see pro-Trump signage and whatnot. I saw a billbaord basically about SJW's and PC culture on my way to PDX earlier this year.

And then in the Seattle metro area, you have places like Lynwood / Federal Way / etc. that aren't remotely liberal.

Seattle itself is perhaps the most liberal place in the country though.

Lynn616

These nazis need to be ejected from every city, by force if necessary.

That's a difficult proposition when the police will always show up to protect their first amendment rights.
Got to give the Nazis their safe space.

The pro trump rally is down the street with live music and talking about free speech. What did that group in Seattle say or do to be called Nazi?

Atenhaus

But yeah, you don't have to go far outside Seattl to see pro-Trump signage and whatnot. I saw a billbaord basically about SJW's and PC culture on my way to PDX earlier this year.

And then in the Seattle metro area, you have places like Lynwood / Federal Way / etc. that aren't remotely liberal.

There's that crazy Christian billboard outside Battle Ground IIRC. tbh Fed Way and most of South King is incredibly diverse - much moreso than Seattle proper. It's more liberal than you may think.

DHJFT0pVoAAn7Bu.jpg:large

riotous

Banned
There's that crazy Christian billboard outside Battle Ground IIRC. tbh Fed Way and most of South King is incredibly diverse - much moreso than Seattle proper. It's more liberal than you may think.

It's still a high majority white, and those white people are far more conservative than the Seattle population. I know there's still plenty of liberals, but it doesn't compare to Seattle. Diversity doesn't equate to liberal really either.

Effect

So the pro trumpers are being allowed to have their hate rally and the police are keeping the counter-protesters away? Not at all surprised.

The pro trump rally is down the street with live music and talking about free speech. What did that group in Seattle say or do to be called Nazi?

When people in your movement start waving Nazi flags and chanting Nazi slogans, you have two options:

1. Forcibly evict them, completely disavow them, and thoroughly apologize for the fact they were ever able to even peripherally associate themselves with your group.

2. Accept that you're now going to be identified as a Nazi organization.

Not difficult. Not unfair. Not changing.

Jenov

Dude, stop. That is insane thing to say.

Well, it may not be that far off. Considering Trump is avoiding directly denouncing the white nationalism that's uprising in his name, wearing his hats, his logos, his dress shirts. It's extremely concerning, and the fact that he's trying to tiptoe around it with "both sides" rhetoric when one side has confederate and nazi flags is shameful.

Lynn616

I'd love to live in your ignorant bubble.

No it isn't.

Truth hurts.

One is White Supremacy, the other is White Supremacy.

Shrug.

Though sure Nazis are worse.
When people in your movement start waving Nazi flags and chanting Nazi slogans, you have two options:

1. Forcibly evict them, completely disavow them, and thoroughly apologize for the fact they were ever able to even peripherally associate themselves with your group.

2. Accept that you're now going to be identified as a Nazi organization.

Not difficult. Not unfair. Not changing.

I ask again what this group in Seattle has done or said that you are now calling them Nazi.

Mike M

Nick N

My wife's dad lives in Longview, it's always a treat to see what lunatic message is up on the Uncle Sam billboard when we visit.

rjinaz

I ask again what this group in Seattle has done or said that you are now calling them Nazi.

I said they were White Supremacists. And I stand by that. What did they do? They voted for Trump and they continue to support him despite all the shit he keeps doing including not condemning Nazis.

Slime

Banned

They're standing up for a white supremacist president with a white supremacist administration and a white supremacist agenda.

Enough with the wilful ignorance. This doesn't require in depth explanation. If you're going to bat for this president, you are a supporter of white supremacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom