• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro-Trump demonstrators, counter-protesters rally in downtown Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a decent chance that white-supremacists are going to start appropriating pro-Trump rallies.

You'll easily be able to tell by sudden increases in crowd size at public pro-Trump rallies without a Trump appearance (since they are typically dismal draws and given his declining approval rating).

There's never been a need to appropriate. They've always been one and the same

Can confirm, WA's liberal tendencies are almost entirely due to the demographics of the Greater Seattle Area, and even then we've got a lot of techno libertarians and upper class Boomers who hate millennials.

The rest of the state (in my experience) seethes with hated of Seattle. Dino Rossi's second gubernatorial campaign signs outside the area had "Don't let Seattle steal this election" as their slogan.

I mean, realistically this is the same in most states, it's just the proportions that differ. Some states have a higher skew of rural and suburban voters, others have a higher urban skew, but the dynamic holds through. Hell, it's not even just the US. Look at the Brexit vote map for England and you'll see something similar happening.

UberTag

There's no difference between a Pro Trump rally and a Nazi rally.
Dude, stop. That is insane thing to say.
Is it now? When Trump has Richard Spencer's fellow Duke conservative compadre, Stephen Miller, writing his speeches and crafting his anti-immigration legislation? He may be a Jew who says he ascribes to white Zionism but let's be real here. We all know who and what he is... just like we all know who and what Trump is... and just like Trump supporters who attend Pro Trump rallies know where he stands on white supremacy (which he can't denounce even though Nazis champion it).

Mike M

Nick N
I mean, realistically this is the same in most states, it's just the proportions that differ. Some states have a higher skew of rural and suburban voters, others have a higher urban skew, but the dynamic holds through. Hell, it's not even just the US. Look at the Brexit vote map for England and you'll see something similar happening.
True enough.

SoulUnison

Banned
I joined the livestream in the middle of a commercial where a father and daughter are washing their car and momentarily thought:

"Wow, this is going a lot better than the other one."

Lynn616

They're standing up for a white supremacist president with a white supremacist administration and a white supremacist agenda.

Enough with the wilful ignorance. This doesn't require in depth explanation. If you're going to bat for this president, you are a supporter of white supremacy.

I am going to bat for anyone in America to have a legal rally. I am against anyone that uses violence to try and stop people they disagree with.

Is it now? When Trump has Richard Spencer's fellow Duke conservative compadre, Stephen Miller, writing his speeches and crafting his anti-immigration legislation? He may be a Jew who says he ascribes to white Zionism but let's be real here. We all know who and what he is... just like we all know who and what Trump is... and just like Trump supporters who attend Pro Trump rallies know where he stands on white supremacy (which he can't denounce even though Nazis champion it).

What if they don`t believe what you believe about Trump? They have a completely different opinion of him. You cant just say people are Nazi because they support a person that you believe is a bad person. They have a different view. Look at what this group in Seattle says they want and believe then decide.

It's weird to see/hear of Trump support here Only been in western Washington a bit over a year but I think the whole time I've only seen one Trump sign on someones lawn. I know the eastern side of the state is a whole different story however. Anti-nazi crowd pic atm

During most of 2016, there was a gigantic Trump/Pence sign by the freeway right before you got onto the Tacoma Narrows Bridge going southbound on WA-16 (towards Tacoma). I commute frequently across the Narrows and I saw that sign every day for probably a solid 8 months.

There is all kinds of shit wrong with that video, but I'm telling you right now, if certain aspects of the left are ready to label all police officers of the United States as white supremacists, they have already lost

rjinaz

I am going to bat for anyone in America to have a legal rally. I am against anyone that uses violence to try and stop people they disagree with.

I too think that every American has a right to peacefully protest. Cool.

Now, fuck that "it's just a difference of opinion" shit. The Trump administration is hell bent on destroying the lives of minorities and now can't be bothered to condemn Nazis.

Do you really feel the Trump administration is just a difference of opinion? Do you just think that all the people upset with our president need to stop overreacting because it's just politics?

kmax

I am against anyone that uses violence to try and stop people they disagree with.

american-nazi-organization-rally-madison-square-garden-1939-11.jpg

4bab921c67f37994b5c5d6b3a6826e57.png

These scum are no different than ISIS. There is no conversation to be had. It's either their way or ours.

mjp2417

Banned

You weren't defending their right to have a rally. You were trying to shield their rally from any criticism. Counter-protestors have the right to call Trump supporters mean names.

Slime

Banned

That's nice. Unfortunately the people you're going to bat for have a tendency of driving through crowds of people they disagree with, so the fact that there's a counter-protest shouldn't surprise you.

I ask again what this group in Seattle has done or said that you are now calling them Nazi.

Do you really not understand why a conservative organization holding a rally the day after what happened in West Virginia would need to explicitly and vociferously distance themselves from that group and those events to not be assumed in support of and association with them, or are you just being willfully pedantic?

The Kree

Banned
Moderates, centrists, and independents will move even further away

If moderates, centrists and independents don't move away from the right, they're not moving away from the left either. Everybody's already picked a side. Some of us are just too chicken shit to state it with conviction.

Anybody who's really afraid to get hurt is gonna stay home anyway.

Cartman86

Banned
To say they are just Trump supporters is hilarious. Even if I accepted that Trump's White House isn't white supremacist these people's events in the past have been filled with white supremacists and alt right memes all over the fucking place. Oh god the memes. You have to be willfully ignorant to fall for this shit.

Looks at their amazing Facebook info statement

Patriot prayer is about using the power of love and prayer to fight the corruption both in the government and citizen levels that seek to gain power through division and deception.

Seriously? These people know what they are doing. They are trying to put on a respectable face for idiot centrists. This group did this in Portland right after the knife attacks against the Muslim women and the men trying to protect them a few months ago. They even had a moment of silence for the people who were killed at the rally. Fucking disgusting crocodile tears.

There is all kinds of shit wrong with that video, but I'm telling you right now, if certain aspects of the left are ready to label all police officers of the United States as white supremacists, they have already lost

Are you really that ignorant to the fucked up shit police and the justice system commit on a daily basis? Are you?

Maybe you just suffer from a lack of knowledge of the situation or maybe you are trolling. Either way, there is no "disagreement", there is no discussion to be had. People forget that there are legitimate enemies of liberty and the United States, both external and internal. Nazis, the "alt-right", white supremacists are those enemies. They don't want you to fight back, they want you to give them a platform. It gives them the ability to recruit and grow in strength until they can engage in open war. The only solution is to strike at them.

Mahonay

Banned
Yesterday the kind of people that want to hold these rallies ran people over with a car and beat them.

No. Fuck them. Violent hate doesn't deserve a stage. I don't really give a shit about preserving the First Amendment in this context.

Preserving our humanity, the right for our minority brothers and sisters to feel safe matters more. Fuck standing for patriotism when it comes to stomping out hate.

Then fuck them.

I'm sick of people telling us to hold back because we'll make moderates align with racists and literal Nazis.

They're not allies we want anyway then.

It's literally an extreme fringe left position to call all cops white supremacists, who are the elected Democrats who hold this position? Is this a new Litmus Test for "allies"?

Wvrs

Are you really that ignorant to the fucked up shit police and the justice system commit on a daily basis? Are you?

If it's the case that police in the US are white-supremacist (I don't know, I'm not American), why is it like that? Don't decent people apply to the force as well? Or is there selective bias going on when it comes to hiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom