• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro-Trump demonstrators, counter-protesters rally in downtown Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The violent clashes between white supremacists and counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Va., resulting in three deaths, will be the backdrop at a pair of rallies Sunday in Seattle — one a pro-Trump “Prayer Rally” at Westlake Park and the other, a counterprotest sponsored by so-called “anti-fascists” at nearby Denny Park.

The conservative pro-Trump group known as Patriot Prayer planned to march on Westlake Park as part of a so-called “Freedom Rally” featuring live music and speakers.

Meantime, the Seattle Chapter of the Greater Defense Committee of the Industrial Workers of the World called for a counter-rally, saying the groups associated with the prayer ralley are the same “street-fighting crews that have been hopping from Vancouver, WA to Portland, OR to Seattle, WA and back again,” including last June’s “anti-Sharia” march that led to arrests.

“When they come, they bring violence, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and Islamophobia (among other forms of bigotry) to our town,” according to a post on the chapter’s Facebook page.

Both the Patriot Prayer rally and counter-protest had been arranged prior to Saturday’s violence in Charlottesville.

More at source..

Show some tolerance if old..

Edit-

Live streams

https://youtu.be/HYIhMahCMD0

https://youtube.com/watch?v=m_ePKaRde2I

ZeoVGM

Banned
The footage on MSNBC right now of silly string being shot at the police officers. Is that the counter protesters doing that or the alt right?

It's weird to see/hear of Trump support here Only been in western Washington a bit over a year but I think the whole time I've only seen one Trump sign on someones lawn. I know the eastern side of the state is a whole different story however. Anti-nazi crowd pic atm

DHI0vcKVYAA80fI.jpg:large

DHI3mXJUAAA4WX6.jpg:large

kmax

Great to see these counter-protesters coming out to stifle evil when their president isn't. This timeline will surely be a defining moment in American history.

Don't let these scumbags hijack the country.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I love how the side that's currently in power feels the need to stage "demonstrations". Just call them what they are: Klan rallies.

It's weird to see/hear of Trump support here Only been in western Washington a bit over a year but I think the whole time I've only seen one Trump sign on someones lawn. I know the eastern side of the state is a whole different story however.

I live just outside of Seattle and there were fireworks going off all around on November 8th.

It's weird to see/hear of Trump support here Only been in western Washington a bit over a year but I think the whole time I've only seen one Trump sign on someones lawn. I know the eastern side of the state is a whole different story however.
Western Washington harbors its share of bigoted assholes too. Outside the tacoma-seattle-everett metroplex is a lot of rural and smaller towns where conservatism is common as are trumpeters.

Joe

There's a decent chance that white-supremacists are going to start appropriating pro-Trump rallies.

You'll easily be able to tell by sudden increases in crowd size at public pro-Trump rallies without a Trump appearance (since they are typically dismal draws and given his declining approval rating).

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Both groups were marching by the intersection right outside my work a little while ago. Anti far outnumbered the Nazi assholes from what I could I see, lots of Hitler=Trump, some Indiana Jones signs ("I hate these guys!"), and a huge recreation of the Constitution being carried by 10-15 people. No violence that we witnessed but I'm sure there's going to be reports of something on the news later... always is.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's weird to see/hear of Trump support here Only been in western Washington a bit over a year but I think the whole time I've only seen one Trump sign on someones lawn. I know the eastern side of the state is a whole different story however. Anti-nazi crowd pic atm

Nice Indy quote. :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm heading down. I can't do much but I can show these vermin that my city doesn't tolerate hatred.

i thought seattle was cool though

It is. Most of these airwastes are from the boonies and other parts of the west coast.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The counter protesters should be outnumbering the Nazis quite a bit. This group is there because Seattle is a liberal area.

I do hope the counter protesters don't try going after the police too much, as that will be spun by right wing media quite a bit to try and take the heat off actual fucking Nazis. The group's leader told them to not clash with the counter protesters. They want them to look like the bad guys to the public.

iammeiam

It sounds like the racists are, unsurprisingly, a loud minority dwarfed by the people who think they're stupid:

One reporter's POV:

Other signs: "Christian Values" and "You should not stand with pedophiles"/estimate about 50 ppl here 4 the rally
30 minutes ago
More
The rest include press & a few hundred counter protesters standing behind a baraicade. Rally starting now.

Westlake Park has to be the dumbest possible location for a bigot rally. We are not having this shit.

Mike M

Nick N
Western Washington harbors its share of bigoted assholes too. Outside the tacoma-seattle-everett metroplex is a lot of rural and smaller towns where conservatism is common as are trumpeters.
Can confirm, WA's liberal tendencies are almost entirely due to the demographics of the Greater Seattle Area, and even then we've got a lot of techno libertarians and upper class Boomers who hate millennials.

The rest of the state (in my experience) seethes with hated of Seattle. Dino Rossi's second gubernatorial campaign signs outside the area had "Don't let Seattle steal this election" as their slogan.

rossisign.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom