• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Trump Jr. and Manafort reach deal with Senate panel to avoid public hearing

But I was really looking forward to two hours of Republicans asking questions about leakers and #ButHerEmails and Trump Jr responding to Dem questions with "I don't recall".
You may still get Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS founder, the firm hired Steele) in there so Republicans can ask a billion questions about how the dossier is the real problem

these senate and house investigations are a side-show. They're running around chasing breadcrumbs that leak to the press. There is no over-arching strategy, few staff, not much budget and limited powers. Compared to the Nixon/watergate committees they are mice.

Someone pointed out to me recently that "boo-urns" actually means the opposite of "boo". I have been using it wrong for years.

Actually it's a "Classic" Simpsons quote.

The way it's sort of used nowadays is to be boo something but you don't want the person or subject to know you're booing them, so you say, "boo-urns!"

Ozigizo

I dunno what people would have expected. It's gonna be a couple rounds "I don't recall" and butter emails from Republicans.

Actually it's a "Classic" Simpsons quote.

The way it's sort of used nowadays is to be boo something but you don't want the person or subject to know you're booing them, so you say, "boo-urns!"

Oh I know, but in the Simpsons Smithers uses it to indicate that the crowd is actually cheering for Burns' video. So it's the opposit of "boo".

I still use it as a synonym for "boo", but my mind was blown when I realized I'd been using it wrong this whole time.

Sorry for the off topic comments!

Shit just leaning that the hearing isn't public. What a shame, was so giddy for it.

Anyway the hearing is today isn't it? Some info should come of it, hopefully.

Top Bottom