• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So, I just got the 300 bios. They'll expire before the update and the new characters should require x-genes anyway, right?

Since it expires, does it really matter?

But yea, assuming they aren't new T2's via a world boss mode they'd need X-Genes. That is unless they go with the current iterations of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, who are no longer mutants.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
When does the update drop, next week?

edit: I'm guessing when the event ends is a simple answer lol.

Since it expires, does it really matter?

But yea, assuming they aren't new T2's via a world boss mode they'd need X-Genes. That is unless they go with the current iterations of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, who are no longer mutants.
Sorry, I meant I wasn't sure they'd expire before the update. The current token event ends in 5d 21h while my bios say they expire in 6 days but I assume it's 6 days and 23 hours or something like that.

And yeah, since they were retconned out of mutantdom, I wondered if they could work with bios. Then again, it's a pretty mutant centric update.

I guess I'll wait it out and use the selector before maintenance if I see I won't cut it. I was going to use it to finish ranking up one of these mediocre Asgardian characters anyway, so it's not like I'm going to miss it.

The selector will last till after the update. The update will happen next Tuesday, and the selector expires next Wednesday at the time you first logged in today.

That being said, it's likely all new characters are X-Gene ones anyway.

I said damn!!

spXyCsu.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MFF - Featuring everything people want in that other Marvel Infinite thing that's coming out soon. ;)

It still remains odd to me how much the looks that are "mained" in FF are styles that aren't even all that iconic anymore. They base so much stuff on Mid / Late 90's / Early 2000s. Even the movesets and victory poses have huge throwbacks to the Capcom games.

Definitely not something I was expecting to see, but this Cable should be a welcome addition.

mreddie

Marvel Future Fight |OT| Red & Blue Cables Needed
Marvel Future Fight |OT| Free Cable
Marvel Future Fight |OT| Elizabeth Olsen Validated
Marvel Future Fight |OT| X Gonna Give To Ya.

Someone on reddit is saying the Korean version of the Cable post has text saying an Omega mutant will also appear.

If it's Iceman or Emma, I will lose my shit.

wtf this update is huge

These X-Men updates don't play. NM doing one every few months should help with player retention/returning. Get them that $$$.

Also, I feel it would be a missed opportunity if they don't include Angel as well with this update. Adding him and Iceman together would help complete the original team, and Archangel has direct ties to Apocalypse.

Yeah, I could see Angel with an Archangel uni right on release.

It's funny how every major update since 3.0 has been bigger than 3.0 itself. I guess 3.3 was on par with 3.0.
Cable is huge, I really hope he doesn't suck as a character.

Do we have any idea how these will be unlocked? I could see World Boss rotating like WBI does, except with one week Thanos and Black Order, and one week with Apocalypse and Horsemen.

Edit: just noticed something weird in WBU: it says "boss will appear in 2d 5h" for Proxima, BD and EM. Is it a glitch or will all 3 be active in roughly 2 days?

Cable? Huh. Thought they would've saved him for when Deadpool 2 comes out.
They keep surprising me with the character choices. His model kinda looks like ass though.

I thought Angel, Iceman and maybe Nightcrawler and Colossus would come with this update but now who knows who else we'll get.

Yo hold up there are X-Men in this game now?

How real is the grind?

For the some of the X-Men, it's moderate. They have four stages with 10 drops available daily for each one (Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, and Beast). They are ranked up using "X-Genes" and not bios. Bio selectors don't work on them. Rank-Up tickets do work though.

Wolverine is earned through an Epic Quest.

Magneto is 6,600 crystals (LOL) to unlock him and his farming stage.

Jean Grey is unlocked if you can get all of the current X-Men to T2 excluding Beast.

Sinatar

Edit: just noticed something weird in WBU: it says "boss will appear in 2d 5h" for Proxima, BD and EM. Is it a glitch or will all 3 be active in roughly 2 days?

7th day of WBU enables all of them and you can fight who you want. It's on the same rotation as regular WB, but Infinity Thanos day is kill everyone day.

I want Devil Girl and Evil Gwenpool outfits.

And I want Young Jean.
Watch as all we get is nineties Jean.

The most probable (if lazy) outcome is Dark Phoenix, though, which could be useful if you need another powerhouse villain. She would lose the benefit of that AO/Coulson team combo, though.

But yeah, young Jean would probably be my favorite uni for her.

Watch as all we get is nineties Jean.

The most probable (if lazy) outcome is Dark Phoenix, though, which could be useful if you need another powerhouse villain. She would lose the benefit of that AO/Coulson team combo, though.

But yeah, young Jean would probably be my favorite uni for her.

We already have a uni that gives 25% damage to heroes. Making it 45% or higher for Jean doesn't seem that crazy.

And I was telling myself earlier how annoying these Wolverine vs Wolverine TL battles were. I guess they'll be decided by who ponied 1500 crystals for a uni.

Fingers crossed it's a normal price but I'm not holding my breath.

Sinatar

Dammit :( I just want Cyclops...

Thanos (Infinity) kills my characters in like two or three hits

Infinity Thanos is really tough unless you got some top tier characters. For example, my 5 kills today were with Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Enchantress and Agent Venom.

I just got enough Chaos Norns to get past the gate in X Men Epic Quest I was stuck at for ages, and then went on a massive run though a lot of the rest of the Quest as I had almost everything else needed saved up. Chaos Norns were the only problem.

Quest 24 to Quest 37 in about 15 mins felt good:)

It looks like I am going to stall again at Quest 46 though, as there is no way I will have 3 R6 BAM when I get there. Then I will probably stall once more at Quest 50, as it will need 1,000 M'kraan Crystals, which I won't have, as a previous Quest in the chain will drain me. However, nothing will get in the way after that.

I still feel far away from the end, but this was the most progress I made in one day with this game in quite a while.

FWIW, we're pretty close to hitting level 8 on the alliance store, which lets you buy 20 BAM level 1 every day. No idea how much it will cost, though. That might help a little if gold isn't too much of an issue.

Top Bottom