• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Guess whose pocket just spent 400 crystals in gold. 😔

That will teach me to not leave TL running when I put my phone back in my pocket.

lol Palette!

So.. I can do all the Stage 1 World Boss Ultimates now.. except, oddly, for Supergiant.

Tried today with all manner of combinations and synergies but even with the recommended A1/Jean/Coulson T2 trifecta, I have the staying power but not the damage and only get her down to 30-40% every time.

Overall my cards let me down and there's really nothing I can do about that, but are there any strategy tips? Team combos to try? Any of you struggled with Supergiant specifically?

MightyWalrus

Neo Member
lol Palette!

So.. I can do all the Stage 1 World Boss Ultimates now.. except, oddly, for Supergiant.

Tried today with all manner of combinations and synergies but even with the recommended A1/Jean/Coulson T2 trifecta, I have the staying power but not the damage and only get her down to 30-40% every time.

Overall my cards let me down and there's really nothing I can do about that, but are there any strategy tips? Team combos to try? Any of you struggled with Supergiant specifically?

Try Loki (safe) or Clea (fast). My used team - Ronan (L), Loki (Clea), T2 Wasp (because of SG constant debuffs). Use energy attack strikers.

While I don't expect them to go through with handing out any bans, if you guys really value your accounts, don't abuse the T2 Coulson glitch. Just to be safe.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I didn't know there was a T2 Coulson glitch, what is it?

If Coulson is in the left slot in your team he'll give the leader double the damage bonus (90% instead of 45%), and if your main character is someone with a self leadership (Dr. Strange for example) you will do absurd damage.

I know I am always LTTP when talking about this game, but I have been trying to get Story Mode finished, and just can't... I am stuck on 12-7. T1 Magento and T1 Sharon are my only T1s, and are not strong enough to team with anything else to make a dent.

I dont have enough Chaos Norns to progress in Epic Quests either, so I feel kinda stuck there too, and I only have a few good teams to beat World Boss two or three times a day to get more stones.

I feel like I am stuck in all areas, and will be stuck for another week or two more, with little to do.

I know I am always LTTP when talking about this game, but I have been trying to get Story Mode finished, and just can't... I am stuck on 12-7. T1 Magento and T1 Sharon are my only T1s, and are not strong enough to team with anything else to make a dent.

I dont have enough Chaos Norns to progress in Epic Quests either, so I feel kinda stuck there too, and I only have a few good teams to beat World Boss two or three times a day to get more stones.

I feel like I am stuck in all areas, and will be stuck for another week or two more, with little to do.

Yeah 12-7 and 12-8 are pretty much end-game stages. You did very well even making it all the way there. Just focus on building up more characters to help you get all 5 wins each day for World Boss (except Infinity Thanos). Really helps in the long run. And while you're doing that, still keep getting as many wins as your teams can handle to build up material for the Epic Quest. You will get there eventually.

Sinatar

Just want to throw this out there.

If you go into World Boss Invasion and ignore the co-op objective, you are the most useless, moronic, braindead, fuckwit there is.

X-Men getting uniforms already. Glad they went with Dark Beast for Beast.

1504487521142_ORG.png

It sounds like they are going to make this an AoA themed update. If we get a full character update here, I could see many possibilities.

Apoc, Sinister, Mikhail, Abyss, Holocaust as new raids? Maybe have Dark Beast and Emo Cyke battles to round out 7 days worth? *Shrug*

Apoc + Horsemen + one or two others may be a good guess. Legion, Bishop, Blink, Gambit, Nate Grey, Strong Guy, Destiny, Colossus, Magik, Kurt or Mystique would all fit the theme.

I just hope we don't get only AoA outfits for the current group. I'm not a fan of many of them. If I were to pick one or two looks I'd most want, my list would go:
- Dark Beast
- Punk / AoA Storm
- Young / ANX Jean
- Red Rightclops / Black Astonishing
- Hoodie / AoX Legacy Rogue
- Black w/ White trim Mags
- DoFP / Old Man Logan

An AoA uni is another great reason to get Kitty in there.

On an unrelated note, I had no idea maxing the War of Kings Special Mission Quest landed you a free T2 ticket. That was a pleasant surprise.

If you go into World Boss Invasion and ignore the co-op objective, you are the most useless, moronic, braindead, fuckwit there is.

Haha yes, it's amazing how many people do this.

Excited for Apocalypse event... does that confirm that it's our third event?
Better start saving materials :-/

LOL even the Inhumans get pushed aside for Future Fight.

NM was smart. They knew the show was going to suck, so they did their own proper Inhumans update earlier this year. And they can still do something for the Inhumans by giving Medusa and Moon Girl their MU variant uniforms.

Think we're getting a new World Boss Invasion series with Apocalypse?

I doubt we'll get a whole set of WBI bosses. If nothing else, a WB-style Apocalypse fight we can run daily for X-Men mats like Sinatar said would be nice.

On of the note AoA, the font on that Dark Beast pic is the same as the Secret Wars AoA series from a couple years back. For those of you familiar with that series, did Apoc have any horsemen in it? Can't find any info on that. Kinda stoked for the fact that both of my favorite X-Men (Iceman and Emma) were prominent characters in that series and may be added in the update.

Sinatar

On of the note AoA, the font on that Dark Beast pic is the same as the Secret Wars AoA series from a couple years back. For those of you familiar with that series, did Apoc have any horsemen in it? Can't find any info on that. Kinda stoked for the fact that both of my favorite X-Men (Iceman and Emma) were prominent characters in that series and may be added in the update.

It's from the Secret Wars AoA tie-in which frankly was the drizzling shits.

As for his horsemen they were Holocaust, Mr. Sinister, Sabretooth, and Dark Beast.

It's from the Secret Wars AoA tie-in which frankly was the drizzling shits.

As for his horsemen they were Holocaust, Mr. Sinister, Sabretooth, and Dark Beast.

Those would be some nice additions to the game. Wonder how they'll handle adding a character named "Holocaust" though. Might be replaced.

Sinatar

Those would be some nice additions to the game. Wonder how they'll handle adding a character named "Holocaust" though. Might be replaced.

I *highly* doubt they are doing a full on Secret Wars AOA tie in. They just needed an Evil Beast skin and he was in that one. The rest will come from the AOA stories that people actually know and like.

I *highly* doubt they are doing a full on Secret Wars AOA tie in. They just needed an Evil Beast skin and he was in that one. The rest will come from the AOA stories that people actually know and like.

Seems you're right. Today's preview:

Guess it's safe to say Rogue will also get a uniform (the last of those you can buy bios for with these tokens).

Sinatar

Seems you're right. Today's preview:

Guess it's safe to say Rogue will also get a uniform (the last of those you can buy bios for with these tokens).

Actually I'm wrong, that's Cyclops from the same crappy Age of Apocalypse event.

y1Rlz3E.png

Wow. Why of all the AoA's they've done are they doing this one?

Sinatar

bugh i dislike most of the AoA designs. one of my least favorite things about this game is feeling forced to use costumes I hate lol

Yea I was super bummed that the X-Men default costumes were the classic blue & gold cause I knew they'd get replaced by something far dumber.

bugh i dislike most of the AoA designs. one of my least favorite things about this game is feeling forced to use costumes I hate lol

Agreed on both points.

Worse yet, they have slowed the rate of uniform releases, meaning we'll be stuck with what we get for a long time. Such a shame too because Cyclops has some great options, and Rogue's AoA look is just too similar to her default.

Yea I was super bummed that the X-Men default costumes were the classic blue & gold cause I knew they'd get replaced by something far dumber.

I was cool with it because I figured it would be a long time till they got a uniform. What with how good they are off the bat, and how much other characters need unis more. Jokes on me now >_>

I figured that if we only got a few AoA uniforms, it would be Beast, Scott and Mags. That way in SL / AB we can have Beast and Scott usable as villains and Mags as a Hero. I'd prefer they do so with Red Rightclops and Black/White Mags instead, but can't always get what you want.

I'm mostly disappointed that it seems likely we will be getting AoA Rogue as well. Feels like a waste, since she has so many better looks and this one is close to her default look in game (although, Mags wouldn't have been too different visually either). Storm would be the best pick if they have to give one of the ladies an AoA uni.

I like Rogue's AoA look, but yeah, it's not too different from her regular look.

At least, we can turn Beast and Cyclops to villains, which could help with the new SL.

I caved and bought a bio selector, so for the first time in a year or so I actually have all the characters now!

Who's most worth T2ing out of the following?

Carnage
Spider-Man
Red Hulk
Ghost Rider
Songbird
Destroyer
Hulkbuster
Floki
Yellowjacket
Black Panther
Goliath
She-Hulk
Ronan
Red Skull

(Those are all the characters I have sitting at 20/20/20/20)

Sinatar

I caved and bought a bio selector, so for the first time in a year or so I actually have all the characters now!

Who's most worth T2ing out of the following?

Carnage
Spider-Man
Red Hulk
Ghost Rider
Songbird
Destroyer
Hulkbuster
Floki
Yellowjacket
Black Panther
Goliath
She-Hulk
Ronan
Red Skull

(Those are all the characters I have sitting at 20/20/20/20)

Carnage. He gets invincibility at Tier 2 and is the best character for Combat Supervillain day in ABX.

Except for Thanos, I had kind of given up on World Boss Ultimate until I got my T2 Coulson, but I just gave my brand new level 60 Jean a test run (with AO as leader) and man, did she just chew through Ultimate Corvus.

Is AO the best leader for her or are characters like Satana, She-Hulk or Starlord viable alternatives?
(I remember Frost mentioning AO's leadership compounded with her elemental bonus to great effect on Jean)

Drayco21

They usually call him Nemesis, since someone at Marvel realized it was pretty tacky and tasteless to have a recurring villain named Holocaust.

I would be shocked if he showed up in the game yet, either way.

Except for Thanos, I had kind of given up on World Boss Ultimate until I got my T2 Coulson, but I just gave my brand new level 60 Jean a test run (with AO as leader) and man, did she just chew through Ultimate Corvus.

Is AO the best leader for her or are characters like Satana, She-Hulk or Starlord viable alternatives?
(I remember Frost mentioning AO's leadership compounded with her elemental bonus to great effect on Jean)

T2 AO is the best lead for Jean, but those others are fine as well. She-Hulk with uni is the second best option.

They usually call him Nemesis, since someone at Marvel realized it was pretty tacky and tasteless to have a recurring villain named Holocaust.

I would be shocked if he showed up in the game yet, either way.

Ah, good that they came up with another name already.

Sorry for another question.

I have almost completed my grind to slowly unlock 800 Chaos Norn to continue the X Men Epic Quest, but am also stalled at the Doc Strange epic quest - 1200 Norns.

My plan always was to complete the X-Men epic quest first and work toward Jean. A strong Wolverine and Cyclops seems worth it too - maybe Storm as well. Then I would let the Norns build up again, maybe quicker this time as I will have some high power character to farm them.

However, I know Strange is a strong character too. So, should I be doing his Epic Quest first and leaving X Men to later?

I will end up with both (if it takes months!), but wanted to know the ideal one to get first.

Sorry for another question.

I have almost completed my grind to slowly unlock 800 Chaos Norn to continue the X Men Epic Quest, but am also stalled at the Doc Strange epic quest - 1200 Norns.

My plan always was to complete the X-Men epic quest first and work toward Jean. A strong Wolverine and Cyclops seems worth it too - maybe Storm as well. Then I would let the Norns build up again, maybe quicker this time as I will have some high power character to farm them.

However, I know Strange is a strong character too. So, should I be doing his Epic Quest first and leaving X Men to later?

I will end up with both (if it takes months!), but wanted to know the ideal one to get first.

Stick with the X-Men quest. Once you max Wolverine you can work toward both Strange and Jean simultaneously.

Stick with the X-Men quest. Once you max Wolverine you can work toward both Strange and Jean simultaneously.

Thanks. I will go with X-Men. But looking at all these new images I am going to hold off on spending any consumables until the new update launches just in case I need to use them on something new/cool

Sinatar

Actually, if they have Scarlet and Quicksilver as horsemen and they do in fact go for a new set of world bosses then perhaps they are both native T2's.

I mean if anyone deserves to be the first native T2 speed character it's quicksilver.

Top Bottom