• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Mrcapcom

Some characters have moves that make them invunerable for a short time, for example your 2 of your Tier 2's (Sharon and Elsa) have invunerability on their 3rd and 5th skills respectively.

zlN9mMg.png

Your other Tier 2 (Silk) has a different kind of protection called a guard hit. It's a shield that will protect your character for a specific amount of hits.

ltRtszn.png

So with characters that have activated defenses like that you need to make sure you are triggering those abilities *every time they come off cooldown*, using these moves is priority number one. If you max your skill cooldown stat (50%) then you can keep these moves active almost the entire time.

As for I-Frames, that's a little harder to explain as the game doesn't give any indicator of what moves have them. But basically it's a move that has either part of the animation or the whole animation which puts the character in an invulnerable state. Sticking with your characters, for example Sharon Rogers 4th skill (with uniform) is an I-Frame when she lifts off into the air and shoots the beam down. Silk's second skill is an I-Frame start to finish. In general (though not always), if a character goes airborne as part of the animation you will be invulnerable during that. You can time these moves to avoid damage.

Awesome so if you max skill cooldown by going where? I remember you could pay to move stats along but I forgot where and also can't that mess you up? Like mess with the stats or is it something I should always spec in?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Awesome so if you max skill cooldown by going where? I remember you could pay to move stats along but I forgot where and also can't that mess you up? Like mess with the stats or is it something I should always spec in?

gA5KyDO.png

You can add to your SCD through your 4th gear, your ISO set and through your equipped cards. You also get a bonus (up to 14%) from being in an alliance based on the alliance level.

You definitely want to get everyone to 50%, it's by far the most important stat in the game.

-Digits-

I use the charcters that give me more damage and less damage from the bosses. As far as Gems and Obelisk I just have some random 5 star obelisk and I believe I have power of angry hulk on all three T2's somehow I rolled that on all three smh

Oh my bad, I thought your entire list was at T2, kinda glossed over the 6 star part. So maybe not 5/5 most days but Sharon should give you at least one kill a day once built well.

As others have said, work on the skill cooldown stat. With 50% her 3 skill should have you immune to damage most of the time and you can either run around for the about 2 second gap where she's not or use the iframes of her 4 skill if you have her uniform.

Power of the Angry Hulk is a good iso setbonus to have on those characters. Equip your best gems for this, the better they are the higher the various bonuses become.

You can probably kill most bosses with Loki as well. Just use your summons and shield and let them do all the work. It's how most of us got their first world boss kills. Ronan, Loki, Red Skull is a good team for this

Stay far away from Absorbing Man. Dude is straight wack, even at T2.

Also just noticed that Thanos's uniform requires twice the normal amount of UUKs to rank up, making it even more undesirable for those still beefing up their rosters. It really is a uniform just meant for those who need something to spend their stuff on.

Speaking of uniform upgrades, I'd hold off upgrading Strange, Thanos or KK for now, as the new SL rewards are uniform upgrade kits.

If the kits work on the Thanos uni, that might be worthwhile.

Speaking of uniform upgrades, I'd hold off upgrading Strange, Thanos or KK for now, as the new SL rewards are uniform upgrade kits.

If the kits work on the Thanos uni, that might be worthwhile.

They don't work on Thanos or Strange's uniforms. They're excellent choices for KK and future bio-sub characters though.

Sinatar

So it looks like Miguel can outscore Kid Kaiju even with the new uniform at Mythic. Not by a ton (looks like 10 - 20k) but that's pretty good. You can also completely faceroll it as he's constantly iframed.

So it looks like Miguel can outscore Kid Kaiju even with the new uniform at Mythic. Not by a ton (looks like 10 - 20k) but that's pretty good. You can also completely faceroll it as he's constantly iframed.

Miguel can pass 200k easier, but KK with uni now borders on 300k (this from one of the top alliance players).

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've got a choice to make. I didn't realize we were 6-7 days from another free t2 ticket until dawg mentioned it. I could T2 Rogue tomorrow using mats and therefore get Jean. That would put me down to 1,299 feathers and 1,299 crystals. Alternatively I could stay capped on mats for the rest of the week of time left and use the T2 ticket on Rogue, leaving more mats ready to be used on Jean. Obviously I couldn't make back around 700 crystals in that time if I spent them, probably not feathers either. I'm thinking I'm going to hold off on Rogue until we get the T2 ticket.

edit: Looking at a table for Jean's costs, if I don't spend mats to T2 Rogue and after exhausting the mats I currently have on Jean the rest I would need is:
Crystals - 949 surplus, wouldn't need any more
Feathers - Need 2,301 more (not counting ~1,350 needed for gears)

If I used mats today on Rogue, the crystals wouldn't be a problem. The feathers are actually what's going to hold me back. Spending the 800 feathers on Rogue would leave me with 1,299 feathers. That would mean I need 3,101 feathers to rank Jean up as opposed to 2,301 more if I used a ticket on Rogue.

Now I'm leaning towards using the mats on Rogue so I can use the T2 ticket on someone else like KK or Miguel. Either way I'll have to wait on feathers to rank Jean up, and I don't think using the 800 would set me back that badly.

I'm pretty much in the same position.

I have a couple of T2 tickets spare but it's taken so long to grind Storm's gears that I'll soon have the 150 Rogue bios I need to level her up with mats.

So do I level her with mats and save my T2 tickets for others, or just use a ticket?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm pretty much in the same position.

I have a couple of T2 tickets spare but it's taken so long to grind Storm's gears that I'll soon have the 150 Rogue bios I need to level her up with mats.

So do I level her with mats and save my T2 tickets for others, or just use a ticket?

I guess it comes down to if you don't mind the extra time it will take to recoup the mats used. Another benefit of saving the T2 ticket for someone else is with the SL expansion I'll need more T2 characters.

edit: I ended up spending the mats. Now i need more gold to rank up/mastery Jean.

Yeah they've gotten bad. Especially the ones between WB battles.

Game's been going two years, surely not many mobile games have huge revenue streams after two years?
X-Men must've given them a boost but updates like this one certainly won't.

Sinatar

Shadowlands is way way harder now.

You no longer get a choice of what stage type you want (Rumble, Relay, Wave, etc) instead you just get 3 version of the same thing, so often you'll get 3 waves, all of which need villains.

It's rough. I cleared it easily last week, I'm stuck on Floor 21 now.

You no longer get a choice of what stage type you want (Rumble, Relay, Wave, etc) instead you just get 3 version of the same thing, so often you'll get 3 waves, all of which need villains.

Those Waves are super hard. I avoided them like the plague before. I had to use more heavy hitters early on for this new SL. Seriously thinking I'm going to stop at floor 15 for the time being. I just don't feel like dealing with that mess right now.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Damnit, waves were always the worst for me, too.

Oh god. Exactly what I feared.
I might just avoid it altogether. I know that's crazy because of the rewards I'll miss out on but I just really don't enjoy playing it.

Also, WB Ultimate, just tried it again... how the hell could anyone clear this?
And there's another 4 harder levels if it, WTF?
Like I couldn't even get 10% of the boss' HP down, and I'm using some of the best characters in the game, have decent cards etc.
How much stronger can a team get? Do maxed out unis and urus make an enormous difference or what?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
New Shadowlands is a bit different, and they did expand the MOST ANNOYING MODES into near constant plays... but it's not exactly horrible? I feel like some of the stats have obviously been modified to make things that would have been impossible before, more approachable. I'm under and Over-predicting floors, but some of my 6*s are doing better than I expect them to. I felt like most Wave floors were unbeatable without my very best T2 pairs before, now I'm taking out wave floors with 1 T2 + low levels, or teams of 6*s.

Also, no matter what I did before, I couldn't hurt Ghost Rider in the Universal Stage with Satana, due to fire immunity... here she mopped the floor (literally, beating it all) including him, doing apparently full damage (with her as lead). Weird.

I'd just gotten to the point where I could clear all of Shadowlands FINALLY, and now getting past 15 again is the challenge. It's more annoying to me that I can see I need BAM even more, to level up the Black Order, Dorm, or Thanos to help with these villain floors... and now it'll be harder for me to access and clear the Black Anti-Matter-giving floors all over again...

Actually, most of the ones I saw offered 2 Villains (on the outer sides), and a Hero version in the middle. Don't know if it's luck of the draw, but at least it hasn't 100% been "Use a villain or give up!" for me, yet.

Like I couldn't even get 10% of the boss' HP down, and I'm using some of the best characters in the game, have decent cards etc.
How much stronger can a team get? Do maxed out unis and urus make an enormous difference or what?

It does help that you can see other people teams in the rankings. They generally use type up damage and increase attack to buff up a single Meta-Level character for these missions.
I haven't beat one either yet, though I could probably try a bit harder on some. It definitely feels like you need obscene damage to really be a contender there... which is why seeing people beat in in half a minute feels Really, REALLY off, lol. I wonder if paying attention to the rules matters THAT much?

Sinatar

Oh god. Exactly what I feared.
I might just avoid it altogether. I know that's crazy because of the rewards I'll miss out on but I just really don't enjoy playing it.

Having the right leaderships is very important. Like having T2 Coulson in your team, having She-Hulk as your leader (against male bosses anyways), things like that.

Having the right leaderships is very important. Like having T2 Coulson in your team, having She-Hulk as your leader (against male bosses anyways), things like that.

Right, that makes sense. In Shadowlands I try to pay attention to leadership and team synergy but when trying WBU my first thought was 'pick my heaviest hitters'.

Mind you I tried a team with Thanos leadership which is 36% attack and defence bonus to villains isn't it? And paired him with Dormammu and Proxima who are two of my heaviest hitters, and could still barely scratch Ebony's HP.

Right, that makes sense. In Shadowlands I try to pay attention to leadership and team synergy but when trying WBU my first thought was 'pick my heaviest hitters'.

Mind you I tried a team with Thanos leadership which is 36% attack and defence bonus to villains isn't it? And paired him with Dormammu and Proxima who are two of my heaviest hitters, and could still barely scratch Ebony's HP.

WBU is all about beefing the hell out of one character and using them to win. Villain characters are actually at a huge disadvantage in the mode because there's no T2 Coulson bonus equivalent for them. That makes Strange/Starog (and Jean once you unlock her) really the only characters you want to focus on.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm trying Shadowlands right now, I feel like I'm not going to clear it all, lol.

edit: Through 15 floors so far. This is a bitch.

edit2: These last floors fucking suck.

I have 3 floors left. I'm stuck on 28, either need combat or villains for a rumble. I can't even beat the villain one stacking Dorm and Magneto. What. The. Fuck.

edit4: threw Silk on there just to CC and finally cleared it. I don't think I'll have the DPS for the last floors.

edit5: Nope, can't clear the last 2 floors. I'm not even going to bother with this shit except going far enough for bios.

final edit: I lied, I just cleared the final 2 floors. I equipped some uru/amplified it on Sharog and beat 29. Then I cleared DD using Agent Venom with 10 seconds left to spare. Suck it, Shadowlands. I still hate you.

Yeah. Imagine all these people who rerolled to get max values on the desired stats.

I've finally started the new SL. I don't know that I'll be done by the time the WB effect wears off, but man does it already suck, and I'm only at floor 9. These Rumble and Wave floors are annoying. Particularly when all the options involve villains. I've already spent Mags and Proxima, so I'm not really feeling it.

Finally got Phoenix and levelled her to three stars.

Struggling with bios now. Got Odin at 55 and need probably thousands of bios to finish levelling he and Phoenix.

Finally got Phoenix and levelled her to three stars.

Struggling with bios now. Got Odin at 55 and need probably thousands of bios to finish levelling he and Phoenix.
They're 6000 each, so yeah. :-(
I'm currently at 55 Phoenix / 51 Odin, so I feel your pain.

I cleared that Avengers 15th floor with Satana, Hellstorm and Phoenix. Even at 55, she wrecked their shit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'll have Jean on Wednesday, and Also currently have a lvl 55 Odin I'm working on...
... When did THIS become a trend? XD

I almost wish I started Thanos instead, with that Uni. Titan Beam seems like a really nice tool, and it's a low, star, strong enough move that even the CPU will use it to great effect in Alliance Conquest. And it works nicely for Shadow Lands...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
edit: Nvm, I am dumb.

I was lucky enough to land on Overdrive in 10 rolls on my Jean. Another 5 days or so and I'll rank her up to 5*

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmm, I'm curious; I have enough Rank 6 BAM (2) to get my Corvis Glaive up to 6*. But the plan was to get 2 more (which will take a bit, barring any excellent WB drops) to get Odin to 6* instead.

Which do you all think is better, and why? My only other 6* BO member is Proxima, and unlocking Jean is 2 days away via T2 Ticket on Storm.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've got the mats processed to get Dorm to 6*, I just need Gooooooold

EM99wRP.gif

Haha, nice. I'm kinda short on gold still, but hitting a wall on Phoenix Feathers will give me time to save up so when I get enough feathers I should have enough to rank/master Jean.

Hmm, I'm curious; I have enough Rank 6 BAM (2) to get my Corvis Glaive up to 6*. But the plan was to get 2 more (which will take a bit, barring any excellent WB drops) to get Odin to 6* instead.

Which do you all think is better, and why? My only other 6* BO member is Proxima, and unlocking Jean is 2 days away via T2 Ticket on Storm.

Odin is significantly more useful than Corvus. Hold out for him.

Sinatar

Odin is the best character for universal hero day in ABX, he's also the best debuff remover for timeline.

Corvus is a fine character, but he isn't the best at anything and is outclassed by tons of non native T2's.

I'd definitely go for Odin. And hey who knows, he might be getting a uniform for Ragnarok.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for helping me solidify my thoughts, Frostinferno, Sinatar!

Wanted to be sure I wasn't completely overlooking the fact that I could have a new Villainous 6 star immediately. Especially when it feels like I fight less Odin's than the other big deal guys.

I really do hope he gets a costume too. Not because I hate his normal look, or that I look forward to buying and raising such a monstrous item, but the re-kits and quality of Netmarbles costumes are always pretty solid.

Top Bottom