• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Patch notes! Mary Poppins y'all!!!

Spider-Man 2099 confirmed paywall. Looks pretty crazy from the trailer.

EDIT: New uniforms for Yondu, Spider-Gwen, Kid Kaiju and Thanos (which they mention is set to a "different price" from normal).
EDIT2: Captain America, Black Widow and Daredevil got buffed.
EDIT3: Shadowlands now 30 floors, only 5 new floors? Meh. Also they've added floors that act like Alliance Conquest, 6v6, which is a giant pile of horseshit. EDIT: Actually it looks like you don't *have* to take 6 characters, so it's not so bad.
EDIT4: OMG!

Changes have been made to Chaotic ISO-8's! You can now choose which ISO-8 you want to roll/combine, and the stats will be fixed based on the FIRST ISO-8 you select to combine. This means that you will now be able to control what the stats of your Chaotic ISO-8's are.

jEbwEMX.png

EDIT5: OMG2!

You can now select how many Black Anti-matter you would like to fuse using the +/- buttons on the screen.

Jl6r10w.png

Sinatar

giphy.gif

Webbing on 3 of his 5 skills, even if he isn't the new king of speed ABX, he's going to be a major problem in Timeline and Alliance Conquest. He's also got a passively triggered guard hit, 50% chance when he's attacked (100% at tier 2!) with a 5 second (aka 2.5 second with max SCD) cooldown. That's fucking crazy, he's going to be impossible to hit when combined with the I-Frames on his moves (which judging by the GIF are craaaazy).

Wasn't expecting a Thanos uni till IW next year, but given his uselessness among his native T2 peers, I'm glad he's getting something earlier. Yondu and KK uniforms are welcome as well.

Looking forward to the expanded Shadowland, but not WBU iThanos. Hopefully his uniform isn't tied to a clear reward for it. The chaotic ISO and BAM upgrade changes are long overdue and seriously welcome.

The change to character info UI and gear stats though, are questionable. The former shows less info at a glance while the latter seems to remove our ability to mix and match stats on gear 4. That's not beneficial at all. Now for example, we'll end up either undershooting or overshooting the SCD cap.

Webbing on 3 of his 5 skills, even if he isn't the new king of speed ABX, he's going to be a major problem in Timeline and Alliance Conquest. He's also got a passively triggered guard hit, 50% chance when he's attacked (100% at tier 2!) with a 5 second (aka 2.5 second with max SCD) cooldown. That's fucking crazy, he's going to be impossible to hit when combined with the I-Frames on his moves (which judging by the GIF are craaaazy).

SCD doesn't affect passives, only actives.

Sinatar

Yea I really don't understand the gear change. I guess it simplifies things for new players, but it really wasn't that confusing to begin with.

Drayco21

Don't like the paywall, don't like the changes to gears, don't like the new uniforms, don't like the precedent for extra premium costumes; there's a whole lot of not like for me in this update.

I knew Miguel was going to be wasted on a paywall, and I'm still disappointed.

Curious to see how they price that Thanos uniform. Not that I care too much as I'm pretty far from maxing him. I'm doing Odin and Jean right now, they're both at 50, and getting them to 60 will eat up a ton of bios, so level 60 Thanos is pretty far down the line (probably not this year lol).

At least we'll get new SL rewards. I hope these five new floors are fixed too, just so I know who to keep. I kept Thor, Enchantress, AO, Sharog, and Agent Venom for these last five floors so far, and if I winged it with T1s on earlier floors, I could generally spare Strange, Carnage, Dorm, Proxima and Spider-Man. If they keep floors 21-25 like they are, I'll probably save Sharon for later and use Storm or Cyclops instead. These 5 new T2s from the X-Men update kind of broke SL for me. Hell, I'm not even sure I've tried clearing a floor with Rogue.

My next T2 ticket is next week and I planned to T2 KK, so that uni comes out at the right time. I just realized this is the first uni for a paywall character.

Edit: as an aside, while messing around in WB and WBI, I noticed complementing Dorm or Jean with Satana (as lead) and Hellstorm led to some massive damage. Like sub ten seconds WB clearing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Guess I'll be getting a bio sub, finishing KK's gears and getting his uniform, and maybe using my MRUT on Miguel. I have Thanos at 4*, I might have to go ahead and finish leveling him since he's getting the uniform.

They fixed the bio levelling for native T2s, thankfully.

This update is basically loads of end-game content that I'm nowhere near powerful enough to tackle so not very exciting for me.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
They fixed the bio levelling for native T2s, thankfully.

This update is basically loads of end-game content that I'm nowhere near powerful enough to tackle so not very exciting for me.

That's good about the T2 fix. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but sometimes the quick upgrade option for ISOs would bug and it would tell me I didn't have enough growth ISO materials. I had a bunch, though. It seems like that has been fixed recently, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure I'll be able to finish SL or not with that new floor mode they added. I end up with extra T2's but I don't know if that will be enough. I'll probably have to start trying using more T1s than usual.

Sagatron

Neo Member
That's good about the T2 fix. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but sometimes the quick upgrade option for ISOs would bug and it would tell me I didn't have enough growth ISO materials. I had a bunch, though. It seems like that has been fixed recently, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure I'll be able to finish SL or not with that new floor mode they added. I end up with extra T2's but I don't know if that will be enough. I'll probably have to start trying using more T1s than usual.

Not sure if the quick upgrade is a bug or not. They upgrade like this because ISO upgrading is using growth ISOs that are one star level below what you are currently trying to upgrade. So if you are trying to upgrade a 4 star, then quick upgrading uses 3 star ISOs and below.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Not sure if the quick upgrade is a bug or not. They upgrade like this because ISO upgrading is using growth ISOs that are one star level below what you are currently trying to upgrade. So if you are trying to upgrade a 4 star, then quick upgrading uses 3 star ISOs and below.

Ah, makes sense, I guess. I'd rather it just use whatever growth ISOs I have.

And free 6* Urus, that's something.

Not going to lie, I'm terrible at min/maxing in this game (I never know what the caps are) and my experience with the post-T2 stuff (Uru, unis) has involved a lot of fumbling.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Not going to lie, I'm terrible at min/maxing in this game (I never know what the caps are) and my experience with the post-T2 stuff (Uru, unis) has involved a lot of fumbling.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. I don't spend enough time reading/figuring out what's the best Uru, etc. or upgrading my Uru and doing awakened ISO.

After the update, maxed out stats will change color which should help a lot. I just wish alliance stats were added to your character sheet. For example, Skill Cooldown maxes at 50% but a maxed out alliance adds 14%. So if you are in an alliance, and you have 36% Skill Cooldown in your character sheet, you are maxed.

Sinatar

Now that they made alliance bonuses apply in all modes maybe they will finally be reflected on the character sheet.

800 is a hell of a lot.

You can get about 30 - 50 a day if you can get all 5 world boss kills. Double that if you can handle World Boss Ultimate. Other then that you can hope for the Dimension Rift World Boss events to net you a bit more.

Only other way is...

20872428363_02ac3cda1a_o.gif
Welp it looks like there's a sale for 500 Stones of Chaos..

After the update, maxed out stats will change color which should help a lot. I just wish alliance stats were added to your character sheet. For example, Skill Cooldown maxes at 50% but a maxed out alliance adds 14%. So if you are in an alliance, and you have 36% Skill Cooldown in your character sheet, you are maxed.
This should definitely help me. As long as it accounts for alliance bonuses. Otherwise, yeah, it would be pretty pointless, if not misleading.

By the way, how do bonuses stack? Do they simply add up (i.e. 10% and 10% nets a 20% bonus) or do they compound (i.e. 10% and 10% nets a 21% bonus from 1.10 x 1.10 = 1.21)?

This should definitely help me. As long as it accounts for alliance bonuses. Otherwise, yeah, it would be pretty pointless, if not misleading.

By the way, how do bonuses stack? Do they simply add up (i.e. 10% and 10% nets a 20% bonus) or do they compound (i.e. 10% and 10% nets a 21% bonus from 1.10 x 1.10 = 1.21)?

Additive.

Sinatar

Now that they made alliance bonuses apply in all modes maybe they will finally be reflected on the character sheet.

My guess was correct, character page now shows fully updated stats with alliance bonus included which is great.

I'm really not digging this new gear thing though, like if I have someone 3% below cooldown cap I have to add 10% and go way over which is silly.

Sinatar

Event store is bugged, it's only give 1 bio per buy instead of 20, blew all my points and only got 8 titania bios instead of 160.

Event store is bugged, it's only give 1 bio per buy instead of 20, blew all my points and only got 8 titania bios instead of 160.

Thanks for this. Now I know why it is not there anymore.

I wish I came here earlier though, as I just spend 5 minutes looking at menus trying to refind the shop - I was in it after the relaunch, but bought nothing, and was wondering why i could not get to it again!

Hope they are good with refunds for you and others.

Ugh... The new daily missions for crystals are RNG now. I had one for upgrading gears (what if I had everyone maxed out?!) and one for World Boss. Seeing reports of some getting missions for World Boss Ultimate. I really hope the WBU missions are 'participate' and not 'clear'. This update is really rocky so far.

MightyWalrus

Neo Member
Someone already datamined info on new Shadowlands. Changes starting with 11 floor. I have a bad feeling about this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9oIuUZR2WZ4R8WOr56-UK6VWfU/edit#gid=699643557

Upd: Quick Summary from Reddit

1. Floor with guaranteed stage is : 1, 15, 20, 25, 27, 29, 30.
2. New Stages :
Wave Mode
Villain Wave Mode (GotG) : Yondu, Nebula, Ronan
Villain Wave Mode : Maximus, Kaecilius, Hela
Villain Wave Mode (Hydra) : Captain America, Red Skull, Sin, Crossbones
Entry Mode
Hero Entry Mode (X-Men) : Cylops, Rogue, Beast, Wolverine, Magneto, Storm
Hero Entry Mode (Avengers) : Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron-Man, Kate Bishop, Ironheart
Entry Mode with Damage Immunity : Dormammu, Satana, Helstrom, Doctor Strange, Clea, Ancient One
Entry Mode with Debuff Removal : Volsstag, Hogun, Fandral, Odin, Thor, Loki
The Black Orders : Black Dwarf, Ebony Maw, Supergiant, Thanos, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight
Boss Mode
For Fire Damage Dealer : Agent Venom, Carnage
Physical Reflect Boss : Kingpin
Play by eliminating the clones that appear : Iron Fist
Breaking the jar will decrease the enemy dodge rate. If the enemy dodges it, damage immunity will be activated : Rocket Raccoon
Rumble Mode
Blast Rumble : Punisher, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist
3. First Clear Rewards
TIER-2 ADVANCEMENT TICKET
4* RANK UP TICKET
4* MASTERY TICKET
5* RANK UP TICKET
5* MASTERY TICKET
6* RANK UP TICKET
6* MASTERY TICKET
RANK 1 BLACK ANTI-MATTER
9.RANK 2 BLACK ANTI-MATTER
RANK 3 BLACK ANTI-MATTER
Norn Stone of Chaos
RANK 4 BLACK ANTI-MATTER
RANK 5 BLACK ANTI-MATTER
Norn Stone of Chaos
RANK 6 BLACK ANTI-MATTER
PURPLE AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
YELLOW AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
ORANGE AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
GREEN AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
BLUE AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
RED AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
WHITE AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
CHAOTIC AWAKEN 6* ISO-8
CUSTOM GEAR CHEST: 6*
COMIC CARD CHEST: Mythical
Uniform Upgrade Ticket : Advanced
Uniform Upgrade Ticket : Rare
Uniform Upgrade Ticket : Heroic
Uniform Upgrade Ticket : Legendary
Uniform Upgrade Ticket : Mythic
4. Rewards from fl.1-25 remains the same. Starting from fl.26 will have The Hand's Chest and Daredevil's Chest

LMAO, this is going to suck so much.

Level 25 is guaranteed Entry Mode against 6 X-Men (minus Jean)

Level 27 is guaranteed Entry Mode against Strange and his friends (Dorm, Hellstorm, Clea, Satanna, and AO)

Level 29 is Entry Mode against the full BO

These new chests better be worth it because that stuff is going to require 40 T2s to clean.

The new Unis worth buying?
Thanos looks damn cool but is it worth 1500 crystals?

Don't think I like the changes to the daily missions but I guess it was getting a bit stale.

One thing I noticed: that Thanos uni is twice the price, but it's base attack/defense bonuses are +20%/+20% instead of the usual +10/+10. TL is going to be filled with him.

The new Unis worth buying?
Thanos looks damn cool but is it worth 1500 crystals?

Don't think I like the changes to the daily missions but I guess it was getting a bit stale.

Hold off on buying Thanos's. I need to do more testing, but first impression is kinda disappointing. It's more of a PvP uniform than anything else. And for those who haven't leveled Thanos, remember Apocalypse is coming next month, and he may very well take the universal villain crown.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Of course after I've been hoping for a T2 ticket to be put on sale, they put one up after the update for 3,500 crystals. I ended up buying that MRUT ticket package the other day and am down to 2,911 crystals.

I'm 1 day away from T2ing Rogue with materials. I'm somewhat tempted to get some crystals and T2 her with the ticket so I have more resources for Jean, but I'll probably just pass on it and not worry about the extra time it will take to level up Jean.

How is Kid's uniform? I would need to get a bio sub to finish his gears to T2 him. I could also pick up Miguel and MRUT him, but obviously I have no clue if he's worth it yet.

Hold off on buying Thanos's. I need to do more testing, but first impression is kinda disappointing. It's more of a PvP uniform than anything else. And for those who haven't leveled Thanos, remember Apocalypse is coming next month, and he may very well take the universal villain crown.

Hmmm, I'll probably hold off on his uniform. I just 5*d him after him sitting at 4* forever, but I guess I'll hold off on spending any more mats on him for now.

Mrcapcom

Guys I really want that Thanos Uni but I don't even have him. Heck I can't beat the WB guys at all. What am I doing wrong? Here is a list of characters I have

T2
Elsa
Sharon Rodgers
Silk
6 Star
Hulk
Hulkbuster
GiantMan
Spidey
Loki
ultron
Yellow Jacket
GwenPool
Jane Foster
Vision
Ant Man
Ronin
Moonknight
Venom
War Machine
Cho
Spider Gwen
Groot
Carnage

Of course after I've been hoping for a T2 ticket to be put on sale, they put one up after the update for 3,500 crystals. I ended up buying that MRUT ticket package the other day and am down to 2,911 crystals.

I'm 1 day away from T2ing Rogue with materials. I'm somewhat tempted to get some crystals and T2 her with the ticket so I have more resources for Jean, but I'll probably just pass on it and not worry about the extra time it will take to level up Jean.
Honestly, if you don't have a lot of money and bios on hand, don't worry too much about mats for Jean, as you'll need a lot of money and bios, which you can accrue while farming mats.

Sinatar

Guys I really want that Thanos Uni but I don't even have him. Heck I can't beat the WB guys at all. What am I doing wrong? Here is a list of characters I have

T2
Elsa
Sharon Rodgers
Silk
6 Star
Hulk
Hulkbuster
GiantMan
Spidey
Loki
ultron
Yellow Jacket
GwenPool
Jane Foster
Vision
Ant Man
Ronin
Moonknight
Venom
War Machine
Cho
Spider Gwen
Groot
Carnage

Are you actually paying attention to the fight or are you just mindlessly using your skills? To beat world bosses you need to actually move out of the way of attacks, use your invincibilities and i-frames as well.

-Digits-

T2
Elsa
Sharon Rodgers
Silk
6 Star
Hulk
Hulkbuster
GiantMan
Spidey
Loki
ultron
Yellow Jacket
GwenPool
Jane Foster
Vision
Ant Man
Ronin
Moonknight
Venom
War Machine
Cho
Spider Gwen
Groot
Carnage

Do you have decent cards with good stats? What a about obelisks and gems? What assist characters do you use?

Because you have several T2s that should allow you to beat the world bosses. Infinity Thanos is damn hard but you should be able to 5/5 the rest with the roster you have provided you have decent stats.

Mrcapcom

Are you actually paying attention to the fight or are you just mindlessly using your skills? To beat world bosses you need to actually move out of the way of attacks, use your invincibilities and i-frames as well.

What exactly is i-frames and invincibilities? I haven't gotten that deep into the game so maybe thats what I'm missing. Sometimes I do kinda tank the hits but my character moves but i can't get them to stop going towards the danger zones

Do you have decent cards with good stats? What a about obelisks and gems? What assist characters do you use?

Because you have several T2s that should allow you to beat the world bosses. Infinity Thanos is damn hard but you should be able to 5/5 the rest with the roster you have provided you have decent stats.
I use the charcters that give me more damage and less damage from the bosses. As far as Gems and Obelisk I just have some random 5 star obelisk and I believe I have power of angry hulk on all three T2's somehow I rolled that on all three smh

Sinatar

What exactly is i-frames and invincibilities? I haven't gotten that deep into the game so maybe thats what I'm missing. Sometimes I do kinda tank the hits but my character moves but i can't get them to stop going towards the danger zones

Some characters have moves that make them invunerable for a short time, for example your 2 of your Tier 2's (Sharon and Elsa) have invunerability on their 3rd and 5th skills respectively.

zlN9mMg.png

Your other Tier 2 (Silk) has a different kind of protection called a guard hit. It's a shield that will protect your character for a specific amount of hits.

ltRtszn.png

So with characters that have activated defenses like that you need to make sure you are triggering those abilities *every time they come off cooldown*, using these moves is priority number one. If you max your skill cooldown stat (50%) then you can keep these moves active almost the entire time.

As for I-Frames, that's a little harder to explain as the game doesn't give any indicator of what moves have them. But basically it's a move that has either part of the animation or the whole animation which puts the character in an invulnerable state. Sticking with your characters, for example Sharon Rogers 4th skill (with uniform) is an I-Frame when she lifts off into the air and shoots the beam down. Silk's second skill is an I-Frame start to finish. In general (though not always), if a character goes airborne as part of the animation you will be invulnerable during that. You can time these moves to avoid damage.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Honestly, if you don't have a lot of money and bios on hand, don't worry too much about mats for Jean, as you'll need a lot of money and bios, which you can accrue while farming mats.

True, I don't have that much gold saved up and probably not nearly enough bios. I'll likely spend the crystals on some uniforms.

Top Bottom