• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

There's that time I fucked up in the lab store and bought 10 Black Widow bios for 160 crystals. I was droning through the usual "buy upgrade mats" slog and somehow didn't notice until it was too late.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
There's that time I fucked up in the lab store and bought 10 Black Widow bios for 160 crystals. I was droning through the usual "buy upgrade mats" slog and somehow didn't notice until it was too late.

Now that you mention it, that's most likely what I spent the crystals on.

I need help with Shadowland. It's driving me nuts. I hate it.

I used to annihilate the first floor with Hulkbuster/Hulk/Rulk.
Now I get wiped out by Spidey 19/20 times. I even put a web immunity gear on Hulk, no help.

What's a good team to destroy him, considering I don't want to waste my best characters on the first floor?
Any good strategies?

What's a good way to keep characters together so you can damage them all at once (on any floor)?

Thanks.

Now I get wiped out by Spidey 19/20 times. I even put a web immunity gear on Hulk, no help.

What's a good team to destroy him, considering I don't want to waste my best characters on the first floor?
Any good strategies?

What's a good way to keep characters together so you can damage them all at once (on any floor)?

Thanks.

Good skill rotations can help a shit ton. I have been using Black Panther (T1, solo) for the first floor. Do you have him built up a little? Like at least 17 gears? Close to max cooldown? I start with the 5 skill, then 3 -> 2 -> 4 -> 5 and repeat.

Luke Cage lead and Captain America is another team you can try as well. When Luke's physical immunity leadership wears off, switch to Cap and use him as long as possible (spam his shield toss to keep immunity up in between), and then switch back to Luke and and let his immunity proc again. If your Cap is leveled up enough, he can also solo it, but it is harder than a Black Panther solo for me personally.

Hell, since you're used to Hulkbuster, team him up with Luke and Cap (with Luke as lead so they all get the chance to proc) for tons of immunity procs!

I don't usually have to group enemies up, so I don't have too much insight for that. I could never figure it out either. I just focus on using characters who can crowd control/stun lock or have iframes/immunity.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Any good strategies?

Thanks.

Someone with crowd control capability, White Tiger is a good one. You just keep him chain stunned and you have your immunity ability to protect against those few times he might slip out.

BP is an easy solo on floor one. Pair him with White Tiger if you need the extra oomph.

Does your Rulk have his uniform? Even at T1, with uni dude can solo rumbles.

Yeah, I use T1 uni Rulk for the first floor, along Hulk and She-Hulk. The Spider-Man update has made it harder but it still works. I always feel I should move him up and use him on higher floors, because he's really good. Speed has been catching up, but Combat and Blast are stacked with great characters.

Yeah I have his Uni and he's 6/6/60, gears at 15, no ISO set, ignore dodge/fire damage obelisk. He gets mauled.

Panther and Tiger have their gears at all 15 and all 17 respectively. I'll build them up a little and try them. Thanks for the advice.

(btw after that post I just used Wolvie and tore Spidey to shreds haha, didn't want to spend another second on him).

Yeah I have his Uni and he's 6/6/60, gears at 15, no ISO set, ignore dodge/fire damage obelisk. He gets mauled.

Panther and Tiger have their gears at all 15 and all 17 respectively. I'll build them up a little and try them. Thanks for the advice.

(btw after that post I just used Wolvie and tore Spidey to shreds haha, didn't want to spend another second on him).

Try a recovery rate/invincibility obelisk on your Rulk. As long as you use his 3 skill on cooldown, you'll never die. He's an amazing character, especially at T2.

Also, this may be useful/interesting for you and others in the thread. It's a video of someone clearing all of SL with a single T1 character on each floor. Those who aren't fully clearing can get some ideas from it.

The Kree

Banned
I use Cap T1 on the first floor. All you gotta do with him is max out his cooldown and his damage output. His shield throw gives 3 seconds of immunity, so you can't have more than three seconds of cooldown for it. I just keep going back to it when it's ready and I never take damage. Teaming him with Falcon and Bucky for the attack bonuses doesn't hurt either.

Sinatar

God damn it, I made it to floor 25 for the very first time and the only character I have left (T2 Moon Knight) doesn't do enough damage to beat DD down.

Bleargh

The Kree

Banned
I don't find Moon Knight useful beyond floors 15-17. I typically use him in the Male Relay (Bucky Cap/Falcon Cap/Iron Patriot) and It usually runs the clock down.

Sinatar

I don't find Moon Knight useful beyond floors 15-17. I typically use him in the Male Relay (Bucky Cap/Falcon Cap/Iron Patriot) and It usually runs the clock down.

Yea I sat on him too long and kept running into floors he couldn't clear so I was stuck with him.

I managed to get to floor 17 last night before it reset. Highest I've ever bothered to get.

I have 24 T2s so should be able to clear the whole thing easily, but, I know it sounds bad but I can't be bothered to put much effort in and think about strategy, teams etc.
I play this game to relax at the end of the day and prefer to pick an overpowered character and tap away brainlessly.

The Kree

Banned
I managed to get to floor 17 last night before it reset. Highest I've ever bothered to get.

I have 24 T2s so should be able to clear the whole thing easily, but, I know it sounds bad but I can't be bothered to put much effort in and think about strategy, teams etc.
I play this game to relax at the end of the day and prefer to pick an overpowered character and tap away brainlessly.
Dope. Who did you clear the first two floors with?

Dope. Who did you clear the first two floors with?

As I said I just picked Wolverine for the first floor and demolished it, though I know that's a waste of a character who could be better put to use in the higher floors.
Can't remember who I used on the second.

I should write down the teams that work for me and work out a formula for getting through it.
I've tried some of the teams you guys have recommended and been flattened, obviously haven't got the right equipment on them.

Sinatar

Hmm some kind of major Shadowlands rework is coming with new floors.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Due to upcoming changes to the Building codes, Shadowlands will need to undergo a bit of a facelift. The changes came out of the blue, and Daredevil has done his best to secure a competent construction company to carry out the renovations.

First up on the renovation list is to move the Throne Room on the top of the tower. As the Building codes require the building to be a certain height for tax breaks, Daredevil is increasing the number of floors of the building. This obviously requires us to move the Throne Room, as a Throne Room that is not at the top of a gigantic tower is obviously not fit to be a throne room.

Therefore the Shadowlands King of the Hill mode will need to be temporarily closed in order to begin the construction work.

Shadowlands King of the Hill Temporary Closure

We will be taking down the Shadowlands King of the Hill mode for maintenance. During this time, you will be able to play all the floors of Shadowlands, but you will be unable to compete for the King of the Hill Throne.

Period:

08/04 01:00 ~ 08/11 00:59 (UTC+0)
08/03 06:00PM ~ 08/10 05:59PM (PDT)

As some of the floors are being renovated, and changes being made, we will also need to close the whole of Shadowlands for a short period of time. We are currently negotiating with the Construction Crew in order to create the least amount of lost time, but this is taking a little longer than expected. We will be releasing the dates of the full closure of Shadowlands closer to the time.

Shadowlands will be closed for a short period of time. We are still finalizing those details and will let you know as soon as we can.

■ Shadowlands between 07/28 01:00 (UTC+0) and 08/04 00:59(UTC+0) will remain unaffected.

Why do I get the feeling that they are just going to lower the rewards on everything.

About time. Hopefully they add in a decent number of floors, with a proper (gradual), difficulty increase.

Why do I get the feeling that they are just going to lower the rewards on everything.

You know, I'm actually surprised we've come this far without them lowering the bio-selector amount yet. That had to cut big into players' crystal spending on bio packages and selectors. Then again, increasing the number of bio-sub characters and high-cost native T2s is probably a result of this, so hopefully that evened it out and we don't see a reduction with this rework.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Looks like I'll have to tighten up my teams once that drops. I've been more nonchalant about who I use lately.

Oh god, I wanted them to reduce the floors, not add to them!

Modes like villain siege were much improved for me when they streamlined them.

I know what you mean. But for Shadowlands, I like it because it rewards deep rosters. That used to be my biggest complaint with the game. You had over 90 characters and only a handful were useful for end game stuff. With Shadowlands, I'm incentivized to work on other characters gears and learn how to play characters I never touched before.

Sinatar

Yea Shadowlands is definitely a more the merrier mode. It gives you something to work towards, a reason to develop a nice robust roster.

Without it, what exactly is there to drive you to play? Timeline mode?

*puke*

The Kree

Banned

I also just remembered it's a good idea to keep a few spare Universals around because they're usable against the other three types. Like with the early Combat relays that require blast characters, I use Wiccan and uniformed Vision.

I haven't even been able to touch Shadowlands because I don't have a good enough combat character for the first floor. Ugh, with my luck they'll have changed the rewards by the time I get to it.

Yeah, I agree with all this. SL is the only mode where I get to play all these characters. It's a great playground to experiment on, even if it can turn into a slog.

I hope we get new rewards.

They're doing Spider-Man gift chests again in case someone missed them. Clear tickets galore!
(Not complaining too much, I got three 5* rank up tickets from them last week)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I was able to sell 1 of my Phoenix feathers and pick up the 100 today. So now I'm at 2099.

I got lucky and had Rogues last gear hit 20 in 3 tries. I think I'm going to save up bios and T2 her with mats so I can T2 storm right away with a ticket. That will also give me some time to build up feathers and crystals after spending them instead of on Storm which would be the same time I'd be unlocking Jean.

Scirrocco

Use mega rank up tickets to get them to 6 stars, then it's just 20 a day to get the 300 - 400 needed to reach +20.

And yea like Frostinferno said, Shadowlands bioselectors are a big deal, that's 225 bios a week.

Well that explains it. My roster isn't big or deep enough to get far in sadowlands. I've only cleared three floors.

But the you guys are talking about soloing whole floors with a non tier 2, so maybe I'm just not building my guys right.

Well that explains it. My roster isn't big or deep enough to get far in sadowlands. I've only cleared three floors.

But the you guys are talking about soloing whole floors with a non tier 2, so maybe I'm just not building my guys right.

Your card stats can make a difference too.

Sinatar

Characters with solid crowd control abilities (stun, bind, etc) are incredibly strong in shadowlands regardless of their tier.

I usually don't bust out any Tier 2's until the teens in Shadowlands and there are people out there who've cleared all 25 floors with nothing but solo tier 1 characters.

Sinatar

Alliance level matters too. At max level that's 14% to a bunch of important stats (most importantly Skill Cooldown).

Sagatron

Neo Member

Any good strategies?

Thanks.

I use T1 Doc Ock (no uniform) with maxed gears for the first level. His 5th skill provides an iframe and guards against 8 hits, it also locks opponents in place for the jump in at the end of the skill. Keep it up, and use other skills in between until it becomes available again. Try and bunch them up in a duo and you should be good to go.

It just occurred to me that they're probably going to slot the X-Men into Shadowland and put X-gen selectors in the rewards.

That and hopefully also the Feathers and M'kraan mats. Throw in Uniform Upgrade Kits, high rank Uru chests, and some sweet First Clear rewards and we'll be in business.

Edit: Oh snap! New token event starting up that let's us get a head start on bios for the update next week (now basically confirmed given the time table of this and SL closure). One of the tasks is clearing the Rogue mission. Gambit hint?

MightyWalrus

Neo Member
That and hopefully also the Feathers and M'kraan mats. Throw in Uniform Upgrade Kits, high rank Uru chests, and some sweet First Clear rewards and we'll be in business.

Edit: Oh snap! New token event starting up that let's us get a head start on bios for the update next week (now basically confirmed given the time table of this and SL closure). One of the tasks is clearing the Rogue mission. Gambit hint?

Don't think so. They are bios, not X - Genes. It's too soon for new X - Men.

Edit: On the other hand, same happened with Beast and Rogue. I want to believe in Gambit!

I was going to regret already doing this week's SL instead of clearing it on Thursday and keeping the bios for the update, but yeah, these will probably be X-genes.

That's 560 tokens over the event, which converts to 220 bios and change. So that's 3,5* per character (one 3* character and one 4* character).

Speaking of bios, what's the most energy efficient way to earn fodder for native T2s? I'm fighting on 2 fronts here between Jean and Odin, and it looks like the biggest constraint will be bios. The best bet seems to be WBI, but it's a bit time consuming.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Well, that was unexpected. My last gear on Storm ended up +20ing after 3 upgrades. I used my T2 ticket on her and now I just need to get the 150 bios so I can use mats on T2ing Rogue. I have 24 so far. Not factoring in extra bios it'll take 12-13 days.

KlotePino

So I played this game for a week when it came out and just came back to it so I got some bonuses etc. Tried to find some help online but most of the guides are outdated and don't take into account the extra bonuses I could use. So could anybody tell me what the best steps to take are with the resources I have? I selected both Sharon and Loki with my 6 star selectors and ended up buying 6 star Iron Fist. Hellstorm is at 4 stars. Haven't used any of my mastery tickets yet and I'm sitting on about 400 Norn stone selectors and 200 biometrics selectors. Made it to the beginning of Chapter 10 in the story and I'm waiting to be able to do another Villain Siege for my journey of growth.

I haven't had much luck with Iron Fist, he seems to die real quick and not deal that much but I don't have his netflix costume yet which is supposed to make him better? I've heard a bunch about Enchantress and how strong she is but I don't even know how I'm supposed to get her, should I save my mastery ticket for her? Lots of questions but I hope you can help get me started and not waste all these resources because I know it's a waste to...waste them.

When you expect X-people and get two masters of evil.
why.jpg

1501576661186_ORG.jpg

I guess they'll have a team bonus with Yellow Jacket.

MightyWalrus

Neo Member
So I played this game for a week when it came out and just came back to it so I got some bonuses etc. Tried to find some help online but most of the guides are outdated and don't take into account the extra bonuses I could use. So could anybody tell me what the best steps to take are with the resources I have? I selected both Sharon and Loki with my 6 star selectors and ended up buying 6 star Iron Fist. Hellstorm is at 4 stars. Haven't used any of my mastery tickets yet and I'm sitting on about 400 Norn stone selectors and 200 biometrics selectors. Made it to the beginning of Chapter 10 in the story and I'm waiting to be able to do another Villain Siege for my journey of growth.

I haven't had much luck with Iron Fist, he seems to die real quick and not deal that much but I don't have his netflix costume yet which is supposed to make him better? I've heard a bunch about Enchantress and how strong she is but I don't even know how I'm supposed to get her, should I save my mastery ticket for her? Lots of questions but I hope you can help get me started and not waste all these resources because I know it's a waste to...waste them.

1. ShaRog and Loki is a good starter package, same goes for Iron Fist. Problem with IF - he need his hobo uni (aka Netflix one) to be A rank character. It gives him more burst damage + more iframes.

2. Get Elsa with her MU uni. She will be solid addition to team at the start. You can get her bios at Villian Siege store.

3. Farm Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow. Solid A - B rank characters and the are farmable with Story mission. Spidey is also pretty good.

4. Get Yellowjacket from Dimension Rifts. Still does his job well.

4. Enchantress is a bio sub character. She is good, but I would go for Carnage, Agent Venom or Kid Kaiju.

5. Use your mastery and rank up tickets + bios on unfarmable char's or bio sub one's. Most of them are top tier characters.

6. Can you give more info about your roster?

This is a good thing if they turn out to be really strong. The game is lacking in reasonably accesible powerful villains.
My villain roster isn't great, but I haven't 6 starred a single member of the Sinister Six yet, so there's that.

I don't expect the new characters to be more accessible than the Sinister Six, but yeah, at least they won't be Native T2s or Paywall.

Top Bottom