• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

The video ref is useless if we can't hear the conversation or see a replay during the decision. Maybe it's just ITV's coverage but if video refs mean one minutes worth of shots of confused players, it's not really worth it.
This is the first major tournament in which they use this. I'm sure all these details are going to be perfected and modified. VAR is the best change they've made to football since they made the rule where the goalie can't pick up the ball when given back by a teammate 27 years ago.

Not showing the replay was indeed bullshit tho. They did however show a "photo finish" of the offside.

Majukun

This is the first major tournament in which they use this. I'm sure all these details are going to be perfected and modified. VAR is the best change they've made to football since they made the rule where the goalie can't pick up the ball when given back by a teammate 27 years ago.

Not showing the replay was indeed bullshit tho. They did however show a "photo finish" of the offside.

of the wrong part of the play though..at least according to the italian commentators..i wasn't looking at the tv when they scored.

I'm sure they'll work out the problems but in this case the system produced confusion rather than discussion and resolution.

They should look to rugby and the tmo for the best way to utilise this system.

Chicharito is so bad at using anything other than his head.

aIZ2NotmAK6U8.gif

AlexBasch

I'm gonna tell Chicharito to fuck off until he scores again and I'll love him one more time.

Lol Chicharito, just remembered why he was let go of so many teams
Sold by Chivas to Manchester United and a loan in Real Madrid which ended up in a Bayer Leverkusen transfer?

That's so many teams.

Didn't realize they were enforcing the 6-second goalkeeper rule. The telemundo commentator was going crazy when Portugal 's keeper had the ball for 5 1/2 seconds lol.

TeegsD

I can't believe the day has come where we have instant replay review in soccer. Goal line tech was already a big step forward.

Top Bottom