• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knicks fire Phil Jackson as President of operations

Wait what happened between him and KP?

I'm out of the loop

After the season, Porzingis missed his exit-interview. Jackson took this as the ultimate sign of insubordination and proceeded to criticize him in the end-of-season press conference and then again through his spirit-animal Charlie Rosen. Then, he engaged in talks during the draft to trade him, confirming that he wasn't untouchable.

All the while Kristaps hasn't had any communication with the team since the end of the season. KP is a big-time admirer of Melo (as is the rest of the players), and it seems that instead of staying neutral, is in full support of Melo in the Melo vs Phil battle.

Added context: Melo made a power move 2 days ago practically saying "I'm not going to accept anything you offer me, Phil. If you want me gone, buy me out"

I can imagine Phil walking into Dolan's office, saying "Hey. I want to buy Melo out, you need to pay him 42 million dollars. Oh, and I'm trying to trade the slam-dunk pick and future face of the franchise away because he missed the exit-interview."

Dolan practically had to fire him at that point. He clearly was looking to get fired. I haven't seen a more incompetent front office exec since Isaiah was running the Knicks.

After the season, Porzingis missed his exit-interview. Jackson took this as the ultimate sign of insubordination and proceeded to criticize him in the end-of-season press conference and then again through his spirit-animal Charlie Rosen. Then, he engaged in talks during the draft to trade him, confirming that he wasn't untouchable.

All the while Kristaps hasn't had any communication with the team since the end of the season. KP is a big-time admirer of Melo (as is the rest of the players), and it seems that instead of staying neutral, is in full support of Melo in the Melo vs Phil battle.

Added context: Melo made a power move 2 days ago practically saying "I'm not going to accept anything you offer me, Phil. If you want me gone, buy me out"

I can imagine Phil walking into Dolan's office, saying "Hey. I want to buy Melo out, you need to pay him 42 million dollars. Oh, and I'm trying to trade the slam-dunk pick and future face of the franchise away because he missed the exit-interview."

Dolan practically had to fire him at that point. He clearly was looking to get fired. I haven't seen a more incompetent front office exec since Isaiah was running the Knicks.

Good summary. What a shit show these past few years have been for Knicks fans.

fertygo

This sound so stupid lmao.

Thank for the summary bro.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Phil was always a 1 trick pony who had the perfect pieces for his offensive style.

Being a Knick fan is the fucking worst.

I love them so much but hate them so much.

Dolan is the devil.

Did you see him playing a set with his shit band on draft night? Then he came out and claimed that they didn't know when they booked the show that it was the same night.

Are you fucking kidding me? I'm not sure there is anyone in the sports world I dislike more than Dolan. Classic case of being born on 3rd and telling everyone how great your triple was.

Dude Abides

Banned
Things won't be right in MSG until JD and the Straight Shot are nowhere near any basketball decisions.

So basically not until he dies.

Lime

214124tck6a.png

:lol

Top Bottom