• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Boke1879

Review thread is up already?

I don't recognize a lot of those reviews, but I'm still not worried. As far as RT goes it'll be Fresh.

Charles Roven on the Aquaman movie,

James [Wan] definitely knows where he's going with [Aquaman], and that movie takes place in a world where Justice League happened, and Man of Steel happened, and Wonder Woman obviously takes place before Man of Steel -- except for the bookends we have. So that's where we have the most ability to freeform. We could do a movie that takes place after Justice League, we can do a movie that takes place after Batman v Superman... well not really. You can't do a movie in between Batman v Superman and Justice League, but we can do movies that take place after Justice League and we can do movies that precede Justice League.

So it's set after Justice League, while touching on his origin.

Boke1879

Why does every DC thread turn into a BvS pissing contest? Goddammit.

Lol another poster in that thread literally said this.

IMO that thread went up way too damn early. Considering how many pages and comments are about to made before shit start kicking off. That thread is pointless right now.

Somewhat related, the trailer for Professor Marston & the Wonder Women might be attached to Wonder Woman, or at least released soon.

It's the story of Wonder Woman's creator.

J_Viper

While we wait for the WW embargo to drop, hope about some 4chan rumors?

- Matthew Vaughn has been offered both Flash and the Man of Steel sequel. Vaughn seems more interested in Flash at the moment.

- Wonder Woman 2 has been in discussions for months and a detailed outline of the film has already been written. The studio is waiting to see how Wonder Woman performs opening weekend. The film will feature Cheetah as the villain and the studio will most likely cast a big female lead for the role. Chris Pine will not return for the sequel.

- Black Adam wasn't set to appear in the Shazam film but after some discussions the character will be the main antagonist of the film. Superman is also expected to cameo in the film. The film will be heavily inspired by Geoff Johns' New 52 Shazam run and the First Thunder comic. The solo Black Adam film doesn't have a writer or director yet and will most likely happen after 2020.

- Green Lantern Corps was considered for a 2018 release but the script still needs work and VFX & motion capture would take a lot of time. The film will feature multiple corps and their leaders such as Larfleeze, Atrocitus and Saint Walker.

- Gotham City Sirens is the top choice if Warner Bros releases a 2nd film in 2018. Warner Bros wants to start filming in July/August. Catwoman and Poison Ivy haven't been cast yet. Joel Edgerton is the top candidate for Black Mask.

- Justice League Dark is another choice for 2018. The script is ready and Warner Bros is looking at several directors after Liman's departure.

- A Jared Leto appearance in the Batgirl film has been discussed. The Joker character would most likely appear in a flashback.

- Not much known about Suicide Squad 2. Maxwell Lord, Scarecrow and Bane were discussed as possible villains at some point.

- The Batman film is not expected to begin production at least until late this year.

- The story for Justice League 2 will be heavily inspired by Jack Kirby's work and Geoff Johns' Darkseid War. Characters like Orion and Mister Miracle have been discussed.

Ninjimbo

I don't know how they can bang out GCS next year if they start in August. Wouldn't it be releasing around the same time as Aquaman?

Everybody doing alright today?

No man. Not alright.
giphy.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Get hyped! Bought 30 tickets for Friday 3D IMAX showing for a bunch of co-workers at my studio. Almost every woman is going, they are pumped.

If anyone here has Injustice 2, the Multiverse event to unlock Wonder Woman's movie gear is up now. I'm gonna be doing that now.

Oh, yeah, I watched Sucker Punch (extended cut) a bit ago. I liked it!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone here has Injustice 2, the Multiverse event to unlock Wonder Woman's movie gear is up now. I'm gonna be doing that now.

Oh, yeah, I watched Sucker Punch (extended cut) a bit ago. I liked it!
Well fuck, there goes my whole day. I need to a character up to level 20 I guess.

Another batch of shot in the dark 4chan rumors

Joel Edgerton always pops up in them tho. I imagine at this point he's been offered marvel and dc roles before.

ReiGun

People on Gaf are really DAMAGED over the DCEU. You got press, comic creators, and fans (including fellow Gaffers) saying "Wonder Woman" is good, and they're still like "Ma-maybe...I'll wait on reviews.
sadcam.png
"

Ninjimbo

I don't get why it's so hard to watch a movie for some of those guys. I pretty much already know what I'm going to watch weeks before it comes out. It doesn't matter if it gets good reviews or not. All the great reviews in the world wouldn't get me in a seat if the movie doesn't look appealing to me.

Boke1879

People on Gaf are really DAMAGED over the DCEU. You got press, comic creators, and fans (including fellow Gaffers) saying "Wonder Woman" is good, and they're still like "Ma-maybe...I'll wait on reviews.
sadcam.png
"

It's one of two things really. Some people are legit sour on the DCEU and are skeptical.

But there is also a contingent of posters on here that just want troll, argue and make fun.

ReiGun

All the people waiting on reviews are going to be weirded out when all the critics tweeting good impressions *GASP* write good reviews. lol

It's one of two things really. Some people are legit sour on the DCEU and are skeptical.

But there is also a contingent of posters on here that just want troll, argue and make fun.

True.

Boke1879

I don't get why it's so hard to watch a movie for some of those guys. I pretty much already know what I'm going to watch weeks before it comes out. It doesn't matter if it gets good reviews or not. All the great reviews in the world wouldn't get me in a seat if the movie doesn't look appealing to me.

That's how I am. A movie has to look appealing for me. Shockingly I still haven't seen GotG2 yet. I want to, but I'm in no rush.

But you're right. I don't see how it's "hard" to watch movies for some of them. If you're interested in it. Go watch it. If reviews say it's good that should give you double the incentive. Some people do mental gymnastics to justify why they won't watch a certain movie.

Ashhong

That's how I am. A movie has to look appealing for me. Shockingly I still haven't seen GotG2 yet. I want to, but I'm in no rush.

But you're right. I don't see how it's "hard" to watch movies for some of them. If you're interested in it. Go watch it. If reviews say it's good that should give you double the incentive. Some people do mental gymnastics to justify why they won't watch a certain movie.

I'm willing to bet most of those people trying to justify it will still go watch it anyway.

Finished Injustice 2's story mode, I liked it a ton. I'm curious if the roster they picked out will be representative of the DCEU, considering how they put Zod in as dlc for IJ1 to promote MoS. I like how they pushed more of the lesser known/appreciated characters in the story mode, like Adam, Firestorm, Atrocious, Beetle and even Aquaman.

Waiting for the t-mobile tuesday deal, going to see WW on Thursday.

Pachimari

Watched and finished Wonder Woman (2009) just now, and damn did I like that story. It was real simple but introduced me to Themyscira, Diana's family and the guard. Some of the backstory too, her gear, and I even noticed some of the scenes were also in some of the trailers for the movie. I just know I'm gonna love the one in London where Diana comes to Steve's rescue in that hallway. I do not expect to see dragons in the live action film though. That would be too good.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I just got Superman to 20 last night. Insane how he's even more OP than he was in the last game.
Just finished getting all her gear, ended up at level 14 with her. I've been playing all weekend just leveling all characters up at the same time. Forces me to learn all their moves. I like being able to jump in as any character and feel confident enough to at least win a match 75% of the time against my friends or the AI.

So right now I'm getting all my characters up to at least level 10 before the end of tonight. Luckily I have just under half of them at 10 right now and the rest are at 6 or 7. So it only takes like 45 minutes to have the AI battle for me in the never ending battle challenge to get them to level 10. Only thing that sucks is that I have to baby sit it to press X to move onto the next match. Wish it would just automatically continue, but I guess it makes sense for the devs not to do that or else everyone would just auto level all characters up and never play the game, haha.

Boke1879

Jesus that Review Thread went up too damn early.

We'll be at like 35 pages before the reviews drop and that's when the real thread will start.

Top Bottom