• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

First episode was Ok and didn't suck me in but tonight was great. Definitely motivated to continue with this series now.

Bread

Banned
I wasn't sold until the end of ep 1 where they joined forces, and ep2 was everything I hoped it would be. Goggins is incredible.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Walton seems to have picked up Sam Jackson's Proper way of saying Motherfucker. Laid out there with complete authority.

Matty77

If ever there was a time for the Anchorman well that escalated quickly gif it's for this episode. The first showed promise this delivered.

Danny great as usual but as someone not really familiar with Walton he has been amazing, I can easily see this replacing eastbound as my favorite.

BeeDog

The second episode was much better; as several peeps have already noted, things escalated quickly. Goggins is fantastic in this role!

Weckum

Goggins is astonishingly good in this.

It got dark fast.

Goggins is good in everything he does. He's probably one of the most underrated awesome actors Hollywood has. Loved him since The Shield (hated his character), he was amazing in Justified and then The H8teful Eight and this.

He's probably my favorite actor at the moment.

Arkeband

Banned
Goggins is good in everything he does. He's probably one of the most underrated awesome actors Hollywood has. Loved him since The Shield (hated his character), he was amazing in Justified and then The H8teful Eight and this.

He's probably my favorite actor at the moment.

As ridiculous as Sons of Anarchy was, he was also amazing in that.

I didn't think much of the premiere, but I loved episode 2. Esp. Goggins. Like other people here, I've loved him since The Shield and I'm glad he's getting bigger.

The escalation at the house was the obvious highpoint last night, but I loved the reveals about Goggins's character all around. And how the relationship between the two vice p's is different from what I'd assumed from the marketing too.

sqcYLAZ.gif

barik

Amazing. Also, calling it now:
the broche thing is going to fuck them in the end. Either it sets off their downfall, or it puts the nail in their coffin.

Amazing. Also, calling it now:
the broche thing is going to fuck them in the end. Either it sets off their downfall, or it puts the nail in their coffin.

There were a few things last night that screamed "please arrest me." Taking the Driver's Ed car to her house, running out the front door, using the broach to pay the fee, and doing so in front of the students.

I hate it when they use Noisia's Machine Gun in anything because that is my alarm and every time I hear it, just for a split second, I am trapped in that Limbo of not knowing if I'm actually awake.

Amazing episode all around. And Walton Goggins is one of the best actors in all of Hollyood. Sadly, most people just don't know that.

As a huge fan of Eastbound and Down I was worried because I was not really feeling the pilot. It seemed promising, but ultimately fell a little flat for me - way more exposition than I would have liked.

But - oh, man - this episode! I'm in. I'm hooked. I am really excited that Danny McBride isn't the wildest character on the show. I was not expecting Goggins to be the true element of crazy, and it's kind of nice to watch Danny try to "keep up" with someone who is definitely way more detached than his character.

I'm super stoked on this show, and really happy to see where this thing goes! Can't fucking wait.

Bread

Banned
i've heard people talk about walter goggins for years since he was on justified, i didn't understand how right they were. i've got to go watch hateful 8 as well.

he's got so much swagger

kaskade

Episode was awesome. I loved how the original previews made it more like those two were going to be against each other, even the break shit scene was kind of set up as a throwdown between the two. After the last episode I have no idea where this show is going to go.

J_Viper

"This is MY house motherfucker!"

I fucking died

This show looked rough in the promos, but I'm glad I gave it a shot, it's hysterical.

Goggins is the man.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Goggins is the show as far as I'm concerned. I'd never heard of him before and haven't seen anything else he's been in (although he immediately looked really familiar), but he fuckin kills it here.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Also really loved the "fuck shit fuck" McBride did in the car to the tune of classical music on the radio. It's that kind of juxtaposition I feel will become a staple of this series.

Or McBride will murder his ex-wife's BF.
Or McBride will murder
the stable owner to prevent him from squealing about the broach

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Echoing everyone else: I was not expecting things to escalate to that level (well, ever, but certainly not) that quickly. I mean, holy shit. And Goggins' character is legitimately scary. Dude is crazy as fuck. I love it!

Holy shit

Goggins casually burning the place down needs to be gif'd

He stole the idea from Ava:

GregariousRichArgentineruddyduck.gif

Jesus Christ at the sudden tonal shift in this episode.

Wasn't really loving the first episode but this episode has convinced me to stick with it!

Alpende

Holy shit, this went dark in an instant. Love Goggins in this, it's great to see a little bit of Boyd Crowder back on television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom