• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAGA rally in Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange County has a lot of deplorables. I live there I see plenty of them. Though, I also know many Republicans here who voted for Hillary because they couldn't stand their party being taken over by someone like him.

It went blue for the first time since the Great Depression in 2016 though, so I'm glad many understood reason.

fauxtrot

Banned
There was a MAGA / White Supremacist rally at a public park in Sacramento today, which was promoted as a "peaceful, family friendly rally to raise money for homeless veterans" but was organized by local Skinhead groups. The cops were out in full force and weren't allowing counter protesting, even though there were plenty of Nazi/KKK/Skinhead shirts and tattoos and signs, as well as folks with shields and non-projectile weapons and even some bullet proof vests. At least a few hundred people showed up and the cops just let them do their thing, even when they were shouting abuse at gay couples and POC who were just at the park to walk their dogs or let their kids play at the playground.

Fucking disgusting.

Xe4

Banned
That "Adorable Deplorable" shirt makes me want to vomit. People are disgusting.

DiAW93L.png

Love that reaction. Also can't figure out if that's supposed to be a Russian flag on her cheek or something else...
I think it's Yugoslavia. Though why someone would have a Yugoslavia flag on their cheek is beyond me.

jrush64

Banned
shouldnt she have someone that she can at least entrust the bullhorn to? She has to have a death grip on it, even while she's blind and in pain.

I was never surprised by this and always thought it was typical. I mean, how is OC portrayed in the media that would indicate otherwise?

I dont know much about the place except for the show.

Wait, the OC is a republican place? That's kinda disappointing.

It's more of a fiscally republican county. I have family there that has more money than anyone and they voted Hillary this election. I asked them how their friends in the area felt about Trump and they all hated him. It's educated white people that voted against Trump.

Also more wealthy counties voted blue than red in 2016.

Jenov

Sadly I know a Trump voter from Orange county. She's a single issue anti-abortion voter. Blegh. I bet a pretty good chunk of white women trump voters were just anti-abortion driven. They're pretty fanatic.

Ceres

Banned
Came across about 20 people gathering in a mall parking lot in Upstate NY. Walked down the main road. Seemed like they spent more time standing around their trucks than their actual walk/rally. The cars were gone by the time we left the mall (easily identifiable from the stupid ass make america great again and don't tread on me flags)

geomon

Prob anti vaxers.

Looks like an anti-vaccine symbol?

Pipe and needle, no drugs.

Anti-vax plus anti-legalized marijuana, I'm guessing, or else just a general "no drugs from bad hombres" sentiment. I can't make out what the thing on the far left is.

It also has Rx on there which is the term for prescription drugs. Death to prescriptions!!!

What is the center right image at the bottom?

The one in between the Arabic and Sickle and Hammer?

Looks like a needle?

I can't figure out what the one on the far left is either.
It's no drugs, there's a prescription sybmbol at the bottom

The one on the left is no globalism

E: poster above says far left is no antifa. Looked like a globe to me at first glance, but I think they're right

Christhor

Wearing masks and pepperspraying people to protest a rally that doesn't seem to be taken seriously by 99% of the US? Seems kinda extreme and will only give them more ammo. This sucks.

Instro

These don't look like people who actually live in Orange County lol. Maybe they should try Chino or Norco or some shit, there's some confederate flag flyers/racists to commiserate with there.

Brakke

Banned
Wearing masks and pepperspraying people to protest a rally that doesn't seem to be taken seriously by 99% of the US? Seems kinda extreme and will only give them more ammo. This sucks.

What if we worried less about "giving ammo" and more about the people who think a single person doing a crime is representative of anything?

Christhor

What if we worried less about "giving ammo" and more about the people who think a single person doing a crime is representative of anything?

Not like it changes much, but according to the article three people were taken in due to pepperspray. And you're gullible if you don't think the wrong people can use this to manipulate more people to join the future rallies, you must have seen how these things get twisted.

Brakke

Banned
Not like it changes much, but according to the article three people were taken in due to pepperspray. And you're gullible if you don't think the wrong people can use this to manipulate more people to join the future rallies, you must have seen how these things get twisted.

I mean sure, people do get duped by manipulative spin from media like Fox and Breitbart. But it's not like if we all just get on our best behavior, they're going to stop spinning and lying. That's their whole deal: they'll just carry on lying, misrepresenting, and spinning shit.

The general solution is people being better at scrutinizing spin and maintaining more diverse media diets.

eggandI

Banned
These retards couldn't have picked better timing lmao

They rally on the eve that trump and his cronies got slapped back into reality after they tried to take 24 million off health insurance, and give hundreds of millions in tax breaks to the rich

There was a MAGA / White Supremacist rally at a public park in Sacramento today, which was promoted as a "peaceful, family friendly rally to raise money for homeless veterans" but was organized by local Skinhead groups. The cops were out in full force and weren't allowing counter protesting, even though there were plenty of Nazi/KKK/Skinhead shirts and tattoos and signs, as well as folks with shields and non-projectile weapons and even some bullet proof vests. At least a few hundred people showed up and the cops just let them do their thing, even when they were shouting abuse at gay couples and POC who were just at the park to walk their dogs or let their kids play at the playground.

Fucking disgusting.

Cops always support racists.

Ekdrm2d1

These retards couldn't have picked better timing lmao

They rally on the eve that trump and his cronies got slapped back into reality after they tried to take 24 million off health insurance, and give hundreds of millions in tax breaks to the rich

Please don't use the "R" word.

geomon

So... are they anti-anti-fascist (ie pro-fascist)?

I mean, they have a strike through the anti-fascist flag.

They hate antifa because an antifa guy punched Nazi Dick Spencer in the face during the inauguration day protests.

Also, they hate antifa because antifa hates Nazis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom