• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store $5 Flash Sale (RDR, Max Payne 3, GTA 4, Guacamelee!, MK, Spec Ops, more)

Damn at the very least I was hoping at least something like the original just with current gen graphics.

I wasn't expecting much(given the many, many delays) but I was hoping for at least a decent throwback to Duke Nukem 3D as I played a bunch of it with a friend over a 56k modem back in the day

oh well

natertots

I know this has been said before, but if you read this and have never played Red Dead Redemption, please buy the game and play it. You will not regret it, 5 bucks is an absolutely amazing price for this game and the amount of content that it will give you. Easily one of my favorite games of all time.

Strike

I was hoping for some PSP/Vita sales on that list. Oh well. Still a decent sale for those who have yet to pick these games up.

Of the games listed here that are multi-platform... aren't most of them better on the 360? There are a few here that are very tempting, but I think I'd rather have them on the 360. Even if they cost a little more.

I guess the ones that I'm specifically asking about are Red Dead: Redemption and Darksiders.

mdubs

Banned
Been waiting to pick up Spec Ops, but does anyone else get the feeling it's going to be a Games with Gold game in the near months? Not sure if I should wait and see.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Of the games listed here that are multi-platform... aren't most of them better on the 360? There are a few here that are very tempting, but I think I'd rather have them on the 360. Even if they cost a little more.

I guess the ones that I'm specifically asking about are Red Dead: Redemption and Darksiders.

Darksiders is better on PS3 but RDR is better on 360.

this is how digital gaming should be. good deals. i've played most of them. but there are some solid games there for people who haven't/

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Nothing for me sadly enough. A lot of this was on PS+ at some point or I think it will it the future. Not that I would buy any of the games on sale if I thought they wouldn't be. Not interested in playing RDR again and honestly, my HDD is too full to bother going through the process of deleting and downloading again.

Cudder

I bought it for $5 last summer when I found it in a bargain bin and I loved it, it was full of poop humor and lacked innovation but it was just stupid fun, don't know why people hated it so much. If you want to have fun, with a game that plays similar to old school FPS games, then you'll like it.

Yeah, I played the demo when it first released and didn't like it at all, eventually got it though PS+ and decided to give it a go and was really glad I did. The gameplay is very standard, nothing special about it, but the more you play the more you want to continue, the story is good and there's just something about it that pulls you in.

You're not alone. I bought it a long time ago and enjoyed it so much that I platinumed it. The gunplay and weapons are fun and bring back some nostalgia, and the puzzles and level design is pretty old school/unconventional going by todays standards.

Curufinwe

Sales are for everybody. PS+ is not required

Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition

Last gen's best arcade racer.

lol this is a sad list

What's sad about this list?

Bioshock
RDR
Max Payne 3
Mortal Kombat

All 4 of those games for $20 total. Son, you crazy.

LOL...games are $5 if you want to play them on the Playstation 3. If you prefer gaming on the 360 for whatever reason...get it for the 360. Duh.

Did they ever fix the terrible terrible framerate on PS3 for GTA4? I've still yet to play it and I just couldn't stomach it when I rented it back in the day (screen tearing as far as the eye could see).

So those of you who have played both how does ArcaniA compare to similar stuff like say Risen or Two Worlds 2?

As someone who doesn't mind that style of game I'm interested.

Apdiddy

I'm hearing rumors about BioShock 2 losing its multiplayer functionality too. I may spring for Arcania and Mini Ninjas.

MegaGhost

Dang, I already have most of these.

There are still a few games from the golden sale that I'm thinking about getting. Should I get the DMC collection or P4:A? Is there a lot of sp content for P4:A?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Did they ever fix the terrible terrible framerate on PS3 for GTA4? I've still yet to play it and I just couldn't stomach it when I rented it back in the day (screen tearing as far as the eye could see).

Nope but the framerate did improve in the DLC Expansions.

fvng

FYI, guys Datura does not require Move, and it's worth playing if you like abstract indie games

Guys, one more thing before I bite: have LA Noire/Spec Ops been given away on PS+ before? I don't want to buy them today and then have them be free next month lol.

I'm relieved, actually, that there's nothing here I want that I don't already have on PS3 or another platform, but way to go Sony, you are killing it.

Top Bottom