• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store $5 Flash Sale (RDR, Max Payne 3, GTA 4, Guacamelee!, MK, Spec Ops, more)

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Undead Nightmare is 10 bucks iirc. and the DLC is all for the multiplayer.

Story mode was more than enough for me and Undead Nightmare was icing on an already delicious cake.

How is the multiplayer? Do people still play it?

Undead nightmare is 20$ right now, so that is not an option. Hmm...

Controls and visuals were pretty generic IMO, but a lot of people seemed to really like the story. For that price, it's probably worth a shot.

Nothing crazy about the gameplay, pretty standard. It's the story and Nolan Norths acting along with a great soundtrack that make this a very good game.

IronLich

Midnight Club would be a much better deal if it wasn't about to lose all its online functionality.

Still, I might go for Spec Ops.

Flandy

So If I buy Guacamelee, I can download it for free when it comes out for PS4?

Nope. It's only Cross-Buy on PS3 and Vita. I believe the PS4 version will come with all the DLC so it will be excluded from the Cross-Buy promotion

Nothing crazy about the gameplay, pretty standard. It's the story and Nolan Norths acting along with a great soundtrack that make this a very good game.

I only put about two hours into it before dropping it. I wasn't impressed with any one thing at that time but I probably should have kept going.

mauaus

ArcaniA - The Complete Tale
BioShock
BioShock 2

DarkSiders
Datura
Duke Nukem Forever
Fat Princess
Grand Theft Auto IV
Guacamelee! (PS3/Vita Cross-Buy)
Kayne & Lynch 2: Dog Days
L.A. Noire
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Max Payne 3
Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition
Mini NInjas
Mortal Kombat
MX vs ATV: Alive
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction: Armageddon
Spec Ops: The Line
The Mark of Kri (PS2 Classic)

The Raven Legacy of a Master Thief

Deals are up on webstore Via search and PS3 Store
All must plays, specially at this price!

Cudder

Wooow, I have enough to work through with the Golden Sale so I won't be buying anything, but goddamn this is a great sale.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Also thinking of getting LA Noir, but I've read bad things about it on GAF that I don't know what to do.

It's a fine game. The world is incredibly detailed too, and is different from most games to warrant a playthrough.

And for $5 it's definitely worth it.

Five

Banned
Good sale. I like this trend, Sony.

Hows Spec Ops: The Line?

Mediocre controls and confusing story that, if you suffer through, brings euphoric enlightenment and makes you feel like a shit for the actions you've taken. So kind of like if TLoU was boring, nonsensical and its only decent actor sounded like Nathan Drake the whole time. Was overrated here on GAF before being abandoned by most of its defenders for TLoU, although the garden variety hipster still clings to it.

Is Duke Nukem Forever $5 good? Is it a fun game?

I have the PC version but in short

no

Granted I have only played the game for 2-3 hours but that was enough for me. The game is just not fun at all-at least for me.

Wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you really love duke nukem

repeater

Here's a set of instructions for anyone who hasn't already got Guacamelee:

Slap yourself repeatedly for taking so long to buy it
Buy it now.
Buy it again, if possible.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Midnight Club would be a much better deal if it wasn't about to lose all its online functionality.

MCLA is a great deal all around just because the excellent campaign and it comes with all the DLC which adds even more content to the campaign lol. Only like 1-10 people even play the online anymore tbh.

Is Duke Nukem Forever $5 good? Is it a fun game?

I bought it for $5 last summer when I found it in a bargain bin and I loved it, it was full of poop humor and lacked innovation but it was just stupid fun, don't know why people hated it so much. If you want to have fun, with a game that plays similar to old school FPS games, then you'll like it.

I only put about two hours into it before dropping it. I wasn't impressed with any one thing at that time but I probably should have kept going.

Yeah, I played the demo when it first released and didn't like it at all, eventually got it though PS+ and decided to give it a go and was really glad I did. The gameplay is very standard, nothing special about it, but the more you play the more you want to continue, the story is good and there's just something about it that pulls you in.

Zee-Row

Banned
I have the PC version but in short

no

Granted I have only played the game for 2-3 hours but that was enough for me. The game is just not fun at all-at least for me.

Wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you really love duke nukem

Damn at the very least I was hoping at least something like the original just with current gen graphics.

Hip Hop

The online was huge for that game, in the sense of gameplay.

People would hang out in parking lots, show off their cars. Find a straight road and do drag races.

Pretty unique experience but if no one is playing it anymore, then I guess you are not missing anything by it shutting down. Still a great game though, the city is just amazing as is the gameplay and customization.

Top Bottom