• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

You probably have enough EXP chips to raise someone up enough to knock those last few HP off of him.

Haha, read my mind.

My 3 star Luke Cage, to level 19. ~140k on skill upgrades, two ISO - all just to make sure.

He managed it with ~200 health left :eek: Close one.

Scored a Red Skull bio for beating him too, so that was enough to unlock Red Skull :)

QCezt59.jpg

Mrcapcom

The Guradian stuff whats up with that? When it says no limit after awhile? It seems like I get zero XP in here too did I misread something?

Roto13

The Guradian stuff whats up with that? When it says no limit after awhile? It seems like I get zero XP in here too did I misread something?

When you touch that No Limit icon, you can play that level as much as you want for 30 minutes without it counting against your daily 10 plays. Still need to spend stamina, though.

Drayco21

Had a good night last night; 4/3 Spider-Man bios from clear tickets, and finally unlocked Star-Lord (my last missing Guardian character), MODOK, Red Skull and Hawkeye. Almost have the full roster now, save the rift characters I'm never going to grind enough to unlock and Angela.

The other part was answered, but you definitely get XP. I drag two low level characters into that while Vision clears it solo and have leveled many characters this way.

rexor0717

They're having a double biometric event coming up. I'm going to dump so much energy into those special missions if it applies to them. I might be able to 5 star MODOK and Ronan if I'm lucky.

They're having a double biometric event coming up. I'm going to dump so much energy into those special missions if it applies to them. I might be able to 5 star MODOK and Ronan if I'm lucky.

Seriously? That's awesome, can finally flesh out a proper second team without pumping more money into the game for now.

Hmm sounds great, would be nice to be able to get some more for some of my characters. Got my Black Widow up to 4 star now, Nearly 4 star for Vision, slowly working on 4 star for HulkBuster through Villain matches and I have started levelling up Spider Man and Winter Soldier.

On a separate note, do the devs have a twitter account to announce this stuff? Had a quick look but couldn’t find anything.

rexor0717

On a separate note, do the devs have a twitter account to announce this stuff? Had a quick look but couldn’t find anything.
I'm just going off the in-game calendar.

So its just elite stages for the double bios. Oh well, that will still be great for building up my other characters.

I'm just going off the in-game calendar.

So its just elite stages for the double bios. Oh well, that will still be great for building up my other characters.
Ah fair enough, i always forget to check that thing myself.

I suppose elite stages is where i get most of my bios anyway for my main team (Except HB of course) so hopefully that will help out a bit.

rexor0717

Does anyone know what Black Widow's or Falcon's "All Speed +X" abilities do? Does that mean all Speed character's stats get boosted that much or move speed?

rexor0717

I wasn't getting double bios for my elite clears. I sent in a customer service ticket, will wait and see what happens

On the main forums they've acknowledged that its not working. I suggested a 10x bio-chest as a reward since they're usually really generous after they mess up.

I've unlocked every character except Felicia and Angela. I'd have to find them in a flash sale, hopefully the 10 bios ones so I don't over spend. Angela I hear is a good boss killer, but with money the only realistic way of upgrading her I don't want to focus on her. Felicia unfortunately I hear is pretty bad. Judging by her animations I can see why. She suffers for the same reason Elektra is bad. Long animations + weak defense.

Roto13

Got Space Merle up to 4 stars. Going to get Groot to 3 stars next. Then not sure if I should try to get Yondu to 5 stars or someone else to 4. 5 stars takes forever but I guess it will take less time to get him that high than anyone else I have.

EDIT: I got 3 Groot biometrics in my 30 minutes of unlimited play. :/

I never tried this game. Just installed it but wonder if it is worth it. I love Marvel though!

It's a lot of grinding. But if you love Marvel, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of this game. That's why I'm still playing it.

Pachimari

I just quickly yried the tutorial and I'm surprised and happy that you can control it with a virtual stick, instead of tapping. :)

rexor0717

I just quickly yried the tutorial and I'm surprised and happy that you can control it with a virtual stick, instead of tapping. :)

Its not a deep game, but once you get to later levels it helps to having some knowledge of timing of moves and their various properties. There is definitely a real game inside of all the F2P stuff.

mreddie

Yeah, I'm gonna at least have a mod change the OT today.

Also, yeah, Angela is near impossible to get as of now unless you pay up.

Had a crazy run of double bios today, is there a buffed event I don't know about or something?

Seriously have had 2 bios in a run about 10 times today.

rexor0717

I've been having really good luck too. Almost every run had been a success plus I've gotten a lot of bonus bios from destructables.

I'm now at 10 4* characters so once this event is over, I'll be focusing on getting my main team to 5 stars. MODOK will be first due to special missions being easy to get 30+ bios a day if you just grind it super hard.

Also people finally have 6 star characters. That's going to take forever to get to.

Had a crazy run of double bios today, is there a buffed event I don't know about or something?

Seriously have had 2 bios in a run about 10 times today.
Oh there is a double bio event going on. Check the announcements to see what's currently happening.

Oh there is a double bio event going on. Check the announcements to see what's currently happening.

Haha yeah I noticed after I posted. Event must have started half way into my daily run as I was definitely getting 1's earlier, but then had a string of 2's towards the end of my Energy cycle.

Been great, got about 5 of my characters to level 3 this weekend alone. It's killing me on the Gold front now though, yikes!

Pejo

Do any of you guys have Starlord? How is he? I need to find a decent Blast character that has striker compatibility with either Venom or Spidey for my main party. I've been playing around with the characters I already have, so far War Machine and Iron Man seem to be ok. I miss Vision's multi hit line skill though, it was really good. I think Iron Man gets one of those sooner or later, but I'm really slow at this game and grinding Biometrics.

I also got Ronan recently, and he's got a great beam attack, but is there a downsize to having a universal character instead of a dedicated blast?

Roto13

Do any of you guys have Starlord? How is he? I need to find a decent Blast character that has striker compatibility with either Venom or Spidey for my main party. I've been playing around with the characters I already have, so far War Machine and Iron Man seem to be ok. I miss Vision's multi hit line skill though, it was really good. I think Iron Man gets one of those sooner or later, but I'm really slow at this game and grinding Biometrics.

I also got Ronan recently, and he's got a great beam attack, but is there a downsize to having a universal character instead of a dedicated blast?

It means you won't have anyone strong against Combat characters, but you also won't have anyone weak to Speed characters. That's fine. Universal characters aren't strong to or weak against anything. I focused on using one of each type of character before I maxed them out and started raising other characters.

I've been using War Machine as my Blast character. He has a Unibeam attack that's pretty powerful at 3 stars. His machine gun is handy, too. Not sure why they gave him a punch attack....

God, EXP chips are so useless. This is with Best Condition and everything.

Haha wow...

I'm finding their only use is getting my lv1's up to ~15-19 or so, just so you can put a couple upgrades on them before sending them into a mission.

I s'pose at your end-game point though, you're probably not too worried about that either lol

Mindwipe

Three star Red Skull is really fun.

I'll probably hit my first 4* tomorrow with Modok. Woo.

Is anyone else surprised they've not done a few more costume packs yet, since they would seem to be a good incentive to spend actual money without pissing people off, and there are a bunch of options?

Three star Red Skull is really fun.

I'll probably hit my first 4* tomorrow with Modok. Woo.

Is anyone else surprised they've not done a few more costume packs yet, since they would seem to be a good incentive to spend actual money without pissing people off, and there are a bunch of options?

Yup, the lack of costume options is strange.

Roto13

Yeah, there are characters I would instantly buy costumes for if they're any good. (I'd like to see some costumes that aren't from movies.)

Haha wow...

I'm finding their only use is getting my lv1's up to ~15-19 or so, just so you can put a couple upgrades on them before sending them into a mission.

I s'pose at your end-game point though, you're probably not too worried about that either lol

I can get them that high in just a few battles if I stick them in a party with one or two level 40 characters. :p

Mindwipe

Like off the top of my head -

Classic outfits!
Falcon
Ms Marvel
Gray Hulk

SECRET WARS!
Symbiote Spider Man
Classic Iron Man
Hawkeye

First appearance!
70s Luke Cage
Yellow and burgundy Daredevil
Classic Mockingbird

Dramatic Transformations!
Iron Spidey
Destroyer Armor Thor
Franken-castle Punisher

The Golden Age!
Bucky
First Appearance Iron Man
World War 2 Cap

Ultimate Villainy!
Ultimate Doctor Octopus
Ultimate Green Goblin
Ultimate Red Skull

Didn't You Used To Be Someone Else?
Monica Rambeau as Secret Wars Captain Marvel
Flash Thompson as Agent Venom
Otto Octavius as the Superior Spider Man

Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves!
Kate Bishop as Hawkeye
Jane Foster
as Thor
Loki as Loki, Mistress of Lies

I would probably buy most of those. Not at once because holy hell that's like £70, but eventually.

Roto13

Sweet, a uniform for a character I'm actually using, War Machine. And it's Iron Patriot, so that's awesome. It adds a stun effect to one of his moves! War Machine gonna get borked. Only 5 gems away from affording it, so I'll have that in an hour or so. :p

Mindwipe

Sweet, a uniform for a character I'm actually using, War Machine. And it's Iron Patriot, so that's awesome. It adds a stun effect to one of his moves! War Machine gonna get borked. Only 5 gems away from affording it, so I'll have that in an hour or so. :p

Falcon's upgrade is also insanely good for a costume.

Also, am psychic apparently.

Drayco21

Looking forward to playing as Uncle Sam. Is it actually a uniform or a character though; he looks like he's using both Cap and Falcon skills, which makes it seem like more than a uniform.

Edit: costume for sure then, it's live now. I guess they're willing to give costumes new skills, huh?

Looking forward to playing as Uncle Sam. Is it actually a uniform or a character though; he looks like he's using both Cap and Falcon skills, which makes it seem like more than a uniform.

Edit: costume for sure then, it's live now. I guess they're willing to give costumes new skills, huh?

Ultron Mark 3 has different animations (finga lazerz!!!!!!!!!!), so I guess they just took it a step further.

rexor0717

I really hope they don't take away the current special mission to make room for the Ant Man special missions.

So which costume do you think is better? The stun on Warmachine just makes him even better at what he usually does but doesn't really up his damage. The Falcon one really ups his AOE damage and makes him essentially have an additional skill. It really depends on what you need.

Roto13

Four characters coming in the Ant-Man update, sounds like the five Special Missions are going to get taken down and replaced with new ones.

So Ant-Man, Wasp, Yellowjacket and Giant Man (Pym)? Assuming everyone is actually related to Ant-Man, I'm not sure who else would be added.

Playable Jocasta? :eek:

I really hope they don't take away the current special mission to make room for the Ant Man special missions.

They pretty obviously will. :p It was always only a matter of time.

I would love to know why this costume icon keeps magically appearing in the middle of my screen.

WatTsu

Star-Lord is merely okay until you get him to level 3, the ability unlocked there just tears up combat-type Villain Siege enemies because he dives around them in a circle strafing them. Especially helpful on Doctor Octopus.

Top Bottom