• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

I had a productive few days. I now have at 5*s: Vision, Spider-Man, Venom, Captain Marvel, War Machine, and Ultron as well as a lot at 4*s.

I thought it'd be fun if we could talk about and rank the characters we have experience with.

Universal:
1. Age of Ultron Vision (UniVision): The best character in the game hands down. No one really comes close to how amazing he is. He has everything; a costume to make him universal and give him more stats, a beam that targets the next character and tracks, AOE, Density Shift is the 3rd most damaging move while being safe and breaks enemy targeting, lots of stats even before the 10%, and one of the best passive types (chance for physical immunity) that lets him auto clear as well or better than the tankier heroes. The only thing he's missing is a great leadership, but that's what Ronan (best), Ultron, or Warmachine are for. For ISO I use Ultron's Hatred.

2. Ronan: His leadership bonus is why I rank him as second in his class. I have him at 5* rank 5 so he gives 30% attack and defense to the other universal members on the team (I run Ronan, Vision, Captain Marvel). He also hits pretty hard on his own and has a lot of HP. I really like his skills since he has a beam, an AOE fear, and a really good break option. His level 5 skill does a considerable amount of damage, but the first swing or two can miss a feared opponent as they run around, so I always open with it instead to make sure it always hits. I run the Bloodthirst ISO set on him as he's usually the character I leave in on auto-battle so he clears maps and arena teams by himself rather easily.

One of the best things about Ronan is how easy he is to farm due to the no limit bonus on his stage.

3. Captain Marvel/Ultron with a costume: Eh there is a big fall off after Ronan. Captain Marvel does insane damage and has great skills, but she's very squishy. However, I will say she was the MVP when I cleared the final elite levels. She's so fast and does so much damage with very reliable skills. Putting her with Ronan helps a lot. Ultron on the other hand has a lot of stats and a costume, but boy do his skills suck. The tracking on a lot of his abilities is awful. Encephalo-Ray misses the first or second hit way more often than not for me, it's very frustrating. His beam also does not have the hit box it should have based on the visual. Compared to Captain Marvel or Vision's beams, it seems narrow despite it appearing wider. At least they fixed his stomp a few updates ago. However, he's still decent for auto-battle and has a good leadership bonus. Really between the both of them it's a matter of preference, but for my team I prefer the extra firepower of Captain Marvel since Ronan already does the tanking for me. I use Power of the Symbiote on Carol and Bloodthirst on Ultron.

I hear good things about Angela and would love someone's opinion of her if they have her at 5*.

Blast:
1. Vision: Same as above really, but 10% less stats. In Villain Siege, I always save Vision for the highest level Bullseye or Doctor Octopus. I remove his costume and watch him maul due to the Blast>Combat bonus.

2. War Machine with the Iron Patriot costume: War Machine is the second best character in the game to me. All of his skills are amazing. He (like Vision) has it all; 2 tracking multi hit abilities, a stun, abilities that move him around in and out of range, and a beam. His 5* skill is the 2nd most damaging skill in the game it seems. I only have him at level 40 with 3 mastery and it already hits incredibly hard. He also has an excellent leadership bonus (5% physical damage per mastery). He’s one of the best Villain Siege characters due to his physical damage, blast type, and bobbing and weaving skill style. If I didn't use the Universal team I'd play something War Machine based. I use Ultron’s hatred on him, but I didn’t really think about it too much. He can auto-battle really well, so I don’t see a reason to switch. While I posted with the costume, he’s great without it too.

I had auto-battle going on in the background while typing this and my level 40 5* War Machine just blew a 20% chunk out of the stage 4 Ronan with his rank 5 skill.

3. Malekith: Sadly, I only have him at 2*, but I can already tell he’s great. Why? Aether Bolt at point blank range does the most damage in the game BY FAR. I use him on the mid-level VS Doctor Octopus and Bullseye and Aether Bolt destroys enemy life bars even at 2 stars. I’ve had really poor luck with flash sales, but I’m saving crystals for when I finally see it.

Speed:
1. Spider-Man: Pete is a PvP, Striker, and Villain Siege MVP. Web ball is amazing. A hard hitting stun at range that tracks AND can hit multiple enemies. On top of that Web Swing lets him avoid damage and messes up enemy targeting. His 5* skill is pretty good too. It gives him much needed AOE and hits pretty hard. He’s my favorite striker in Arena due to Web Ball. I love using him against Destroyer in VS since it screws up the meteors. He’s really frail, but so are all speed heroes. I use Angel of Death for the cooldown reduction proc and also put cooldown reduction on his gear where I could. The best things about Spidey to me are his Web Ball and Web Swing, so using them more frequently is my priority.

2. Sharon Carter: Skill spamming Goddess. She doesn’t hit hard and is very frail, but that’s OK because she’s always using her skills. They also all cause hit stun so enemies are often stuck getting hit while she safely spins and flips around. Like Spider-Man, I also use Angel of Death and skill cooldown on her.

3. Falcon with Captain America costume: New Falcon is great. The stat bonus really helped. He does very good damage with his 2nd and 3rd skills. The shield toss I’m not as much of a fan of since he lost his Web Swing like ability. I’m often surprised by how well he can auto-battle as a speed character.

I’ve heard great things about Gamora, but I haven’t leveled her up so would really appreciate feedback from anyone that has her at a high level/rank.

Combat:

I’m only doing my top 2 as I don’t have many combat characters at a high level or rank.

1. Venom: Good but not great damage, tanky, good tracking on his skills, a nice break on his second skill, and an AOE fear which helps mitigate damage. I always finish with the fear to let my abilities cooldown safely. I like him as a striker because his skills track well and he breaks. I wish his fear had a better hit box similar to other similar AOE animations like Ronan or Captain Marvel. I use Bloodthirst on him since he has a nice HP pool so the bonus proc gets good use. It also helps him tank through hits in VS and use his pretty good basic attack.

2. Nebula: I like her damage output and skill animations, but she lacks (at least at 4 stars) reliable CC. She has CC ability similar to Black Widow that periodically interrupts which I do like, but it’s not Web Ball or fear. I really want one of those new +Lightning Damage items to see how much damage she can pump out since all of her skills use it.

Like Ronan, she’s super easy to farm.

Black Panther I don’t have much experience with him as I’m still trying to get more bios, but he has a stun. I really value stuns as they help mitigate damage, make VS easier, and are great for strikers. I don’t hear that much about him, but I think he may be good and would appreciate feedback.

Details on the upcoming patch. Best news is that the existing special missions are here to stay. Also we're going to have to get an alliance started for this thread.
Sweet! This looks like a fantastic update.

※ There's no limit for Ant-Man Dimension shifters in Special missions, it doesn't affect the daily Dimension shifters limit.
I knew it! This explains why I always get a bunch of shifters in the morning and barely any at night. Does anyone know what the limit is and if the limit is separate for Ally and Enemy Shifters or if it is a combined limit (ex: Can only get 15 total Shifters per day)?

Drayco21

Sweet! This looks like a fantastic update.

I knew it! This explains why I always get a bunch of shifters in the morning and barely any at night. Does anyone know what the limit is and if the limit is separate for Ally and Enemy Shifters or if it is a combined limit (ex: Can only get 15 total Shifters per day)?

I want to say the limit is 20 shifters total, but I could be misremembering that.

rexor0717

Yeah, Vision is the way to go. As stated in detail above, he has everything. Only way he could be better is if he had a ranged basic attack.

Roto13

Yeah. Someone will have to start it, which costs gold. I dunno how much, but I volunteer to do it. I'm always sitting on 1.5 million gold, just in case. :p

I had millions,but tossed a lot of money into leveling up my Black Panther and Angela , now I am at about 300k

These seem to be my main (Spidey, Venom, Marvel),with bottom row getting leveled up to 40 slowly...

0P2Rlrl.jpg

Drayco21

Not weird. Vision, Ultron, Iron Man, and maybe another I'm forgetting are the same.

Yeah, but when they're in the same roster as Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Thor, Loki, Red Skull, Malekith, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Yondu, Nebula, Ronan and Yellowjacket all using their MCU costumes as default, it stands out as a surprising move.

At least when this game launched, they were still trying to keep the Vision MCU design secret, so that one makes more sense.

rexor0717

Oh great, Spider Man 6 star skill. As if he wasn't good enough already. At least Black Widow is also getting one too. I almost have her at 5 stars, so I'll keep grinding bios for her.

curb

Banned

That's what I normally go with for my team except I haven't maxed them out and Carol is my lead since she's my favorite.

I need to play this more. I've pretty much been just logging in to get the daily bonus stuff. I had to switch from a spare Android phone we had kicking around my house to my iPad 2. It can run on an iPad 2 but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Oh great, Spider Man 6 star skill. As if he wasn't good enough already. At least Black Widow is also getting one too. I almost have her at 5 stars, so I'll keep grinding bios for her.

I thought the 6 start skills became 5 star skills. Are there additional skills at 6 star?

Is there any useful tier list out there? I need help deciding who to improve and who to ditch.

Currently I am early on with: Iron Man, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Capain America, Daredevil, Rocket Raccoon, Blade and Vision.

I have accumulated a lot of Honor Tokens so deciding who to get from that as well and could use some advice. Do those heroes ever change or is that Honor Token list static?

Roto13

Is there any useful tier list out there? I need help deciding who to improve and who to ditch.

Currently I am early on with: Iron Man, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Capain America, Daredevil, Rocket Raccoon, Blade and Vision.

I have accumulated a lot of Honor Tokens so deciding who to get from that as well and could use some advice. Do those heroes ever change or is that Honor Token list static?

The Honor and Chaos token lists changed with the last update. Captain Marvel and Hulk seem to be permanent, though.

From your list, VIsion (for reasons I stated in a lengthy post above) is the only one worth investing. Daredevil has a good stun, but he's frail and weak otherwise. I have him in my arena striker group just for the stun. Black Widow has a decent CC ability too, but that's about the only thing she brings and unfortunately she has a self buff for her 3rd skill which really sucks.

I'd spend honor tokens on Captain Marvel so you have a good 3*. Ultron you can farm for in elite stages, but if you're just starting out getting him quickly would be a big benefit as he is the best current chaos token character. Having Ultron (leader), Captain Marvel, and Vision as a team would be a great way to start.

Also, unless it's Angela or Black Cat, I wouldn't worry about getting who's most rare. Go for better characters so you can get far in the normal stages and open up more elite levels, get further into Villain Siege, and consistently win in Arena (which is easy due to strikers).

Edit: Well, the chaos and honor token shops changed. No more Ultron so ignore that piece of advice!

Roto13

Maintenance! Again while I have an unlimited entry special thing going. Oh well. At least I only had like 2 minutes left this time.

Wonder if this means we're getting the Ant-Man stuff early.

From your list, VIsion (for reasons I stated in a lengthy post above) is the only one worth investing. Daredevil has a good stun, but he's frail and weak otherwise. I have him in my arena striker group just for the stun. Black Widow has a decent CC ability too, but that's about the only thing she brings and unfortunately she has a self buff for her 3rd skill which really sucks.

I'd spend honor tokens on Captain Marvel so you have a good 3*. Ultron you can farm for in elite stages, but if you're just starting out getting him quickly would be a big benefit as he is the best current honor token character. Having Ultron (leader), Captain Marvel, and Vision as a team would be a great way to start.

Also, unless it's Angela or Black Cat, I wouldn't worry about getting who's most rare. Go for better characters so you can get far in the normal stages and open up more elite levels, get further into Villain Siege, and consistently win in Arena (which is easy due to strikers).

Thanks! That is some great info.

I was looking at the reddit and there was some mention that Luke Cage can be decent as well. Is that true? Also seems like Rocket Raccoon and Blade are lame ducks.

Also, one more question, should I bother with the whole Set Bonus ISO-8 thing in the beginning or does that make a better difference in late game? I guess generally what should I be focusing on with my gold/inventory, Rank/Mastery > Gear > Skills > ISO-8?

So are we starting an NeoGaf Alliance or is this community too small? I believe players have to be pretty active to receive all the benefits.

Drayco21

So are we starting an NeoGaf Alliance or is this community too small? I believe players have to be pretty active to receive all the benefits.

The NeoGAF Contest of Champions group ended...poorly, let's say, but I think this thread's more active posters are quite a bit more active than CoC's, so we can probably make it work.

Thanks! That is some great info.

I was looking at the reddit and there was some mention that Luke Cage can be decent as well. Is that true? Also seems like Rocket Raccoon and Blade are lame ducks.

Also, one more question, should I bother with the whole Set Bonus ISO-8 thing in the beginning or does that make a better difference in late game? I guess generally what should I be focusing on with my gold/inventory, Rank/Mastery > Gear > Skills > ISO-8?

Worry about the set bonus when your characters hit 40. At that point yeah, roll for a good 6 ISO bonus (depends on the character).

Your focus sounds about right. There is a point where skills aren't worth it depending on your resource level and you need to hold back for a while (I stop side characters at level 20). Gear too can be rough in that after level 9, every new rank costs Dimension Fragments which come from Rifts. I don't know how the new update will affect this but it can be very expensive in energy cost.

Try to focus on a solid team rather than spreading it around. That one team will carry you through normal, elite, arena, and can be your anchor for the three highest VS stages you can clear. Extra resources are for characters that are good strikers or good at VS. At a certain point you'll have the luxury of spending resources however you like, but its typically not when starting out.

Finally, make sure to complete the daily achievements every day for extra energy, gold, and crystals.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh, the update looks pretty substantial. I'd be down for joining a GAF alliance, but I have to admit, my play time the last 2 weeks has been relatively limited.

Worry about the set bonus when your characters hit 40. At that point yeah, roll for a good 6 ISO bonus (depends on the character).

Your focus sounds about right. There is a point where skills aren't worth it depending on your resource level and you need to hold back for a while (I stop side characters at level 20). Gear too can be rough in that after level 9, every new rank costs Dimension Fragments which come from Rifts. I don't know how the new update will affect this but it can be very expensive in energy cost.

Try to focus on a solid team rather than spreading it around. That one team will carry you through normal, elite, arena, and can be your anchor for the three highest VS stages you can clear. Extra resources are for characters that are good strikers or good at VS. At a certain point you'll have the luxury of spending resources however you like, but its typically not when starting out.

Finally, make sure to complete the daily achievements every day for extra energy, gold, and crystals.

That was another thought is should I be side leveling others just to have a rounded team or play the Pokemon way of keeping and leveling one good team then when I have the luxury worry about others?

I am getting most of the Dailies and Weeklies that I can but I do need to be better about that. Do the Weekly reset after the weekly maintenance or is it another time?

Thanks for all the helpful info!

Oh, the update looks pretty substantial. I'd be down for joining a GAF alliance, but I have to admit, my play time the last 2 weeks has been relatively limited.

I find this to be the perfect work game. Especially with AutoPlay, I can complete a lot on auto pilot at work with minimal effort.

I love the Marvel Ultimate Alliance vibe of this game (obviously not exactly the same but still a well-fleshed out mobile title!)

commish

I find this to be the perfect work game. Especially with AutoPlay, I can complete a lot on auto pilot at work with minimal effort.

I love the Marvel Ultimate Alliance vibe of this game (obviously not exactly the same but still a well-fleshed out mobile title!)

Dragon Blaze is my current "work game" :)

Of course, I DO have two iphones... :p

That was another thought is should I be side leveling others just to have a rounded team or play the Pokemon way of keeping and leveling one good team then when I have the luxury worry about others?

I am getting most of the Dailies and Weeklies that I can but I do need to be better about that. Do the Weekly reset after the weekly maintenance or is it another time?

Thanks for all the helpful info!

It's not very hard to hit 40. You'll hit that quickly enough with your main team. After that, throw in a character or two while farming elite stages (or special missions) and have them tag along for the XP. Vision is a great farmer and can carry levels by himself rather easily once he's at 4*.

I'm honestly not sure when the weekly resets.

Dragon Blaze is my current "work game" :)

Of course, I DO have two iphones... :p

I can't handle the gameplay/art of Dragon Blaze. I tried. I didn't mind their other game Dungeon Link for a while.

The only f2p work titles that have stuck are this, Terra Battle, Hearthstone, FF Record Keeper and maybe Fallout Shelter (but I think I am done there).

It's not very hard to hit 40. You'll hit that quickly enough with your main team. After that, throw in a character or two while farming elite stages (or special missions) and have them tag along for the XP. Vision is a great farmer and can carry levels by himself rather easily once he's at 4*.

I'm honestly not sure when the weekly resets.

Seems good, I will just stay the course but this time with a better team.

People should check out Crusader's Quest if they want to kill some time!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhnent.SKQUEST&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crusaders-quest/id901858272?mt=8

It's like a side scrolling action game, but your attacks are based on a match 3 puzzle mechanic. It's all real time, not like Puzzle Quest. You actually have to time things like an action game. Next to this game, I'd say it has the most fair f2p mechanics. It's very easy to find heroes and the developer is very generous. It also has constant updates similar to this game.

commish

I can't handle the gameplay/art of Dragon Blaze. I tried. I didn't mind their other game Dungeon Link for a while.

The only f2p work titles that have stuck are this, Terra Battle, Hearthstone, FF Record Keeper and maybe Fallout Shelter (but I think I am done there).

Yeah, DB isn't for everyone. I'm a fan of the art and the gameplay (bc it's a good work game!). I didn't like Terra Battle much. FFRK is of course fantastic. Hearthstone ate all my monies, haha. Didn't care for FO Shelter...

I play this on my tablet and Final Fantasy Record Keeper on my phone because I'm hardcore.

That's how I am at home. My GF thinks I'm ridiculous.

People should check out Crusader's Quest if they want to kill some time!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhnent.SKQUEST&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crusaders-quest/id901858272?mt=8

It's like a side scrolling action game, but your attacks are based on a match 3 puzzle mechanic. It's all real time, not like Puzzle Quest. You actually have to time things like an action game. Next to this game, I'd say it has the most fair f2p mechanics. It's very easy to find heroes and the developer is very generous. It also has constant updates similar to this game.

I hate you. This seems right up my alley, haha. Gonna give it a try, thanks.

curb

Banned
WJupLOF.gif

We'll weather this storm, guys. I mean, video games are huge- Disney must just be using mobile to bide their time while they set the pieces in place for a Marvel Gaming Universe in the triple A space.

Right?

r-right?

I hope so. Surely after the success of stuff like the Arkham series they'd surely see that there's a market for AAA Console/PC games outside of Marvel Heroes.

That being said, I'd totally take a console port of Marvel Heroes.

Top Bottom