• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intelligence Committee open hearing into Russia links 'cancelled'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that Nunes brought the intel to Ryan before going to the WH a couple of days ago.

I'm convinced that Ryan has specifically instructed Nunes to derail and sabotage their investigation as much as possible. Ryan and the GOP probably know at this point an honest and productive investigation is more than likely to reveal direct links between Trump and Russia, opening the door for an impeachment. Republicans have very little control over the FBI investigation, but do have some amount of control over the Congressional one. No doubt Ryan has set out to make the Congressional one look bonkers as all hell so that they either get nothing done, or they blame the irresponsible way Nunes carried out the investigation as an excuse to not have to accept results.

I honestly don't think they are competent enough to orchestrate​ a cover up with this many moving parts. Money trails, tax returns, incidental collections, association via proxy.

Russia can kill loose ends , trump cannot.

I think the main thing the guys operating in the background is to have a collection of absolutely unasaliable evidence to drop all at once that entraps him without doubt completely.

, his supporters will go nuts, government will enter into a shutdown,
Pence complicit? How many are toxic,what's the line of succession.

How do you tell the public, just one day in an open hearing Comey just goes"Yeah we have a case we can prosecute Trump is guilty of treason"

The shit will hit the fan. You gottah strategize how to control the fallout

Someone on CNN saying Flynn has a deal with the FBI.

I can't wait to see the 180 he does on Flynn if this is true.

"Can you believe this guy? What a sad excuse for a general, how did he even get on our team? Amazing."

Aren't these people under a preservation order. Could have sworn that came down in the last couple of weeks or so.

"The President just told me we need to get as much bleach as we can, find all the bleach you can buy, get as many gallons as you can, hurry!"

Swass

Rachael Maddow actually talked about the wiping incident tonight. She also talked about the bank of cypress handing over information on Manifort. And also a money laundering trail leading to deutsche bank.. good show as usual.

Disgraceful but if this is Nunes' idea of damage control then we should be grateful that he's so bad at it. Only a matter of time until the facts come out and / or his obvious meddling gets his whole committee shit canned.
Thats what he wants. He wants to sabotage his own committee.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Rachael Maddow actually talked about the wiping incident tonight. She also talked about the bank of cypress handing over information on Manifort. And also a money laundering trail leading to deutsche bank.. good show as usual.

Wiping doesn't make any sense. Pretty sure the NSA or whoever is investigation already has access to all of their communications. Wiping anything means they can be convicted for it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
tumblr_inline_n41s05NUkX1stpir1.gif

Where has the wonderful post you quoted disappeared to?

Somebody remind them that Obama is no longer president nor is he running for office, so such information is of far less value than information on the current president.

Kaiterra

Banned
Uh does the Turkish meeting really mean anything? I mean if it was a transition team deal, it hardly comes as a surprise. Of course Nunes being on the transition team itself is something that should be made a much bigger deal than it has been.

m3k

wow... will this blow up?

surely the fbi investigation will be on nunes as well

and you would think an argument for him needing to step down from investigations

i know its been said before, but by the grace of god the only thing savign this country from ending up in hell via a handbasket is the sheer, utter, and just laughable incompetence by all members of the trump team, up to the big man himself. from the AHCA debacle, to the hastily written travel ban, to leaving cookie crumbs the sizes of boulders for the FBI to follow, these guys are something of central casting for knuckleheadeness.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Turkish, what's so significant about Turkish talks?
Wouldn't it be bigger if it were Russian.
We know that Flynn was talking with Turkish officials in September about less-than-legal ways of removing Fethullah Gulen from the US and delivering him to Turkey.

As of a couple days after the inauguration, and 5 days after Flynn and Nunes were meeting with Turkish officials, Turkey was expressing great confidence about getting their hands on Gulen.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
We know that Flynn was talking with Turkish officials in September about less-than-legal ways of removing Fethullah Gulen from the US and delivering him to Turkey.

As of a couple days after the inauguration, and 5 days after Flynn and Nunes were meeting with Turkish officials, Turkey was expressing great confidence about getting their hands on Gulen.

Whoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom