• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intelligence Committee open hearing into Russia links 'cancelled'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
To clarify, if I'm following everything correctly, Nunes was at the January meeting. Unclear about September one that we have Woolsey providing an account of.

Damnit, Nunez and Flynn! I'm on vacation with family and just wanted one day without hearing shit from the Trump administration!

Btw, the White House is completely removed from Miniland USA at Legoland Orlando.

I read that as her making an educated guess. I think people could make an educated guess that Flynn has either been flipped or charged just by reading the tea leaves.

The other main players, Manafort, Page and Stone have all been pretty chatty while Flynn has fallen completely off the radar. Also, the National Enquirer turning on Flynn and calling him a Russian spy indicates that Team Trump is turning on him. And then there is Woolsley coming out proactively distancing himself from this Turkish meeting. It all adds up that something significant is moving around Flynn right now.

So a hypothetical turn of events for Nunes could be something like this: He finds out from a source that Flynn is cooperating with the FBI. He doesn't know if the White House knows this yet or not. He desperately needs to have a private classified meeting with Trump ASAP. He cooks up the surveillance claims and has his crazy press conference to justify the meeting. At the White House he informs them about Flynn and they get their stories straight.

Right after that meeting the National Enquirer turns on Flynn. Also Andrea Mitchell gets reports that Transition team members are purging their phones.

Seth Abrahamson is increasingly finding himself in my "disregard" list. He shows a consistent habit of exaggerating and reading into statements to mean concrete things beyond what the speaker actually said.

Surfinn

I read that as her making an educated guess. I think people could make an educated guess that Flynn has either been flipped or charged just by reading the tea leaves.

The other main players, Manafort, Page and Stone have all been pretty chatty while Flynn has fallen completely off the radar. Also, the National Enquirer turning on Flynn and calling him a Russian spy indicates that Team Trump is turning on him. And then there is Woolsley coming out proactively distancing himself from this Turkish meeting. It all adds up that something significant is moving around Flynn right now.

So a hypothetical turn of events for Nunes could be something like this: He finds out from a source that Flynn is cooperating with the FBI. He doesn't know if the White House knows this yet or not. He desperately needs to have a private classified meeting with Trump ASAP. He cooks up the surveillance claims and has his crazy press conference to justify the meeting. At the White House he informs them about Flynn and they get their stories straight.

Right after that meeting the National Enquirer turns on Flynn. Also Andrea Mitchell gets reports that Transition team members are purging their phones.
I still don't understand how he could give sensitive info about the investigation over to the WH, which the TARGET OF THE INVESTIGATION, not inform anyone in the intelligence committee or produce said evidence, and lot lose his job.

Unreal.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Seth Abrahamson is increasingly finding himself in my "disregard" list. He shows a consistent habit of exaggerating and reading into statements to mean concrete things beyond what the speaker actually said.

Dammit. I was getting pumped. You've depumped me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He did the exact same shit during the election, especially during the Democratic Primary. He's HA Goodman with more control over the English language, no one should be taking him seriously.

Stinkles

Dammit. I was getting pumped. You've depumped me.

BTW, if Whitehouse staff actually all purged their phones, and that can be proven, what line does the GOP take at that point? "This is all just normal"

As a matter of fact I think that question should be asked of every single GOP politician every single time - quick recap of the Russia stuff followed by the question: "Are you willing to state,m on the record, that all of this seems normal to you, and is not suspicious?"

akira28

I swear to god I can taste the popcorn I'm going to be eating when I watch all of this play out in theater.

assuming movie precedes nuclear war.

survivor1.gif

RPGCrazied

Don't get your hopes up. Until I hear on CNN or wherever they have hard evidence of collusion, I just can't believe it. I want to though! I want something so big it forces Trump to resign.

Stinkles

Even if he hasn't flipped, there's a gigantic black hole of an information void w/ massive gravitational pull right now that clearly indicates something is up with him that's not up with Stone, Manafort, etc.

Him flipping would make total sense though.

When asked directly if he was cooperating with the FBI Flynn said no comment.

So I'm re-pumped!

Zolo

When asked directly if he was cooperating with the FBI Flynn said no comment.

Usually, this wouldn't mean anything, but I'd usually assume one of Trump's administration would talk about how it's ridiculous, and he has nothing to answer for.

NYT reporter on CNN wants a 9/11 commission styled commission to look into this nonsense because Nunes fucked his intel panel. There's zero chance Trump will ask for a commission to look into this.

Slime

Banned
NYT reporter on CNN wants a 9/11 commission styled commission to look into this nonsense because Nunes fucked his intel panel. There's zero chance Trump will ask for a commission to look into this.

When Dems retake Congress, they need to go scorched earth on these motherfuckers. None of that "let's turn the page and let the healing begin" bullshit we got after the Bush era. Investigate every shady thing the GOP has been up to and lock as many of them up as possible.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Man this is such a rollercoaster. I don't think a single movie will be enough. We're going to need at least a miniseries.

When this is all said and done, there will be -many- series and films made about it. Very possibly rivaling OJ in numbers over the years.

And may they all shine a light on how much of a total shitshow the GOP is.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
When Dems retake Congress, they need to go scorched earth on these motherfuckers. None of that "let's turn the page and let the healing begin" bullshit we got after the Bush era. Investigate every shady thing the GOP has been up to and lock as many of them up as possible.

No need for investigations when they retake. Impeachment will be immediate.

Surfinn

When this is all said and done, there will be -many- series and films made about it. Very possibly rivaling OJ in numbers over the years.

And may they all shine a light on how much of a total shitshow the GOP is.
A scandal involving the US government selling out the country for financial and personal gains, compromising democracy as we know it? Yeah that's gunna dwarf OJ, considering who Trump is.

Stinkles

Everything that happens from now on, will be based on either explosive revelations (the actual peepee tape or a recorded conversation) or GOP long term strategy. The latter as of today will be to pretend everything is normal and go as far as they possibly can without saying "Yeah he's a traitor and we don't care," or that a piece of information is made clear to them that they need to real quick get on the right side of history. They won't do ANYTHING unless they end up with some information that's so black and white, that they can't delay or talk around it.

But already they are making decisions that are 100% counter to Trump's "vision" and they may be more fractious than I think. But no matter what happens, I think a list of GOPers who nakedly and knowingly supported a Russian stooge should be made and recorded and amplified.

the trickier issue is the Base arithmetic. It worked by a hair's breadth with a completely passive electorate, that was too lazy to vote and thought Hillary had it in the bag, always voted on party lines, or actually supported Trump passionately. And remember, Trump won with one of the most fragile statistics in US history - a SUBSET of 25% of the actual electorate. If Hillary had been Barack Season One (in terms of dem energy), he'd have taken one of the worst beatings in GOP history.

So the GOP knows that. And they don't want to alienate that base, but the base loves a candidate who's inarguably the least qualified president ever, and literally one of the worst people ever, but it's still the base. A base that is quieter and quieter in Town Halls, and shrinking in part from embarassment. They will get noisy and energized, but there's less of them than in November. And the fence sitters have never had an easier decision to make.

So what's the arithmetic in the midterms? In 2020? In special elections?

And that's IF you think this clownbus is going to drive that far.

Sadly, the dems aren't a meaningful aspect of what happens next. We were too lazy to vote, and now we're too shook to do anything about it. The Supremem Court fillibuster will be interesting to watch, because that could be the Supreme Court justice who decides Trump's fate. WHICH IS CRAZY.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Doesn't that tweet means Michael Flynn isn't even responding to his official spokesman, so he can't even confirm or deny ? Which increase the likelihood he was flipped by the FBI ?
No, it's basically "no comment," with the added implication that reporters can expect the exact same response to any other questions, which is to say, none at all.

Fuck impeachment. There should be a run on the House and Senate. We should be stringing up these corrupt motherfuckers if they try to bury this.

No fucking mercy. Our government is actively betraying us. It is serving it's own interests rather than the Will of the People, and it needs to be dealt with.

Jams775

Fuck impeachment. There should be a run on the House and Senate. We should be stringing up these corrupt motherfuckers if they try to bury this.

No fucking mercy.

Everyone else involved can be out right attested right? It's just Trump that has to be impeached first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom