• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef Season 8 |OT| Every Other Version of MasterChef is Better

lcd

4cKvDDr.jpg

Enjoyed Gordon's comments on the chicken roulade as well.

vypek

Gordon's insults/critique are seeming way funnier to me this season.

How the fuck did Yachechia not go home? She didn't finish the fucking challenge. What the fuck?

Shit like this pisses me off.

I guess a chunk of chocolate is supposed to be worse than an incomplete. She seems to skim by a lot in some challenges.

Got caught up by binging through this on Hulu.

Jeff and Yecicha need to go home like yesterday. Rooting for Gabriel.

Also I hope Johnny Depp gets an Emmy nod for his portrayal of Dino.

vypek

HOW IS JEFF STILL IN THIS

Fuck this show

Got caught up by binging through this on Hulu.

Jeff and Yecicha need to go home like yesterday. Rooting for Gabriel.

Also I hope Johnny Depp gets an Emmy nod for his portrayal of Dino.

lol yep, both Jeff and Yacheica have stayed in the competition far too long. They don't seem like they are great as far as entertainment purposes go. Maybe its just for contention that they keep them there.

Otnopolit

lol yep, both Jeff and Yacheica have stayed in the competition far too long. They don't seem like they are great as far as entertainment purposes go. Maybe its just for contention that they keep them there.

Jeff is a total douchebag, but the guy can cook. He needs to get out of his own way if he's gonna win.

Jeff and Yachecia definitely feel like they're still here more because of their personalities/journeys thus far than because they actually deserve it. I really hope Jeff goes. He reminds me of Shawn from last year. I hated Shawn. I hated last season.

Anyways I'm rooting for Gabriel, Cate, and Ebony. Cate in particular has been doing solid in every challenge so far. Wouldn't be surprised at all if she ends up winning.

vypek

That elimination just now seemed really out of place but at least it comes with a good change to
Gabriel's
life.

I wonder if those promises made on the show are kept

Wow, Eboni has such a shitty team attitude. Jeff can be annoying but she was definitely bringing the team down acting like that. I'd be embarrassed if I acted like that.

vypek

Wow, Eboni has such a shitty team attitude. Jeff can be annoying but she was definitely bringing the team down acting like that. I'd be embarrassed if I acted like that.

She doesn't seem like she can work with anyone at all. She's pretty good but definitely a lone chef.

She can't leave next week because Jeff needs to gtfo first.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go at the same time. Double elimination style

TimeKillr

There was something that felt really, REALLY off on last night's souffle challenge.

When they did the closeups, they looked like they rose FAR higher than the ones that were tasted. And not only that, the little bit of steam coming out of the souffles kept going in and out, sometimes it was there, sometimes it wasn't.

Believe me, if chocolate is warm enough to steam like that, you ain't putting that in your mouth either.

Such a weird thing to happen. I wonder if they wrote in that all 3 were supposed to stay.

As for winning, it feels like Dino is getting a winner's edit constantly, so who knows.

vypek

There was something that felt really, REALLY off on last night's souffle challenge.

When they did the closeups, they looked like they rose FAR higher than the ones that were tasted. And not only that, the little bit of steam coming out of the souffles kept going in and out, sometimes it was there, sometimes it wasn't.

Believe me, if chocolate is warm enough to steam like that, you ain't putting that in your mouth either.

Such a weird thing to happen. I wonder if they wrote in that all 3 were supposed to stay.

As for winning, it feels like Dino is getting a winner's edit constantly, so who knows.

This stood out to me. I assumed they cut down the part where the judges blew on it or waited for it to cool down. Something steaming like that definitely doesn't seem like a food they shove into their mouth so easily.

Noooo Gabriel. He still kinda won though, good for him

Yeah, its not the prize money but its pretty much a fast track to what he wanted anyways so he still pretty much won.

Zoe

I'm so happy they actually chose the quality Asian dishes instead of all the fried rice.

Oh yeah, I loved this:
"For the love of baby Jesus!"
Cut to a guy named Jesus

I caught that too. The heights were inconsistent and the steam looked edited in and fake.

Tamanon

Banned
Happy with the final three. I like all three of them. Hoping Eboni wins though.

That last catty back and forth with Jeff was so weird, lol.

vypek

Thank god they're both gone.

Yep :)

Happy with the final three. I like all three of them. Hoping Eboni wins though.

That last catty back and forth with Jeff was so weird, lol.

I'm rooting for Eboni as well but I like all of them so I don't think I'll be disappointed with any winner as long as the its not a cheap win or anything.

It was a weird back and forth but entertaining lol

Three person finale?

Interesting.

My money's on
Jason

Since its 2 hours long maybe they'll cut the 3 people down to 2 in the first 30 to 60 minutes and the remaining time is a head to head? Unless all 3 are presenting all their courses to the judges but I don't recall that happening before.

vypek

I would have been okay with anyone winning honestly. I can't say I liked or disliked anyone more than the rest.

otapnam

Eboni was a little annoying but she has some skills. Jason was good too but they definitely went with the "character" who showed alot of heart. While not the best season, dino is a decent winner at least i don't feel cheated with the result

TimeKillr

I mean, it was obvious Dino was winning when Joe literally said "This guys cooks like my mother".

His mother is legendary. So yeah.

I'm also pretty happy Eboni didn't win. She rubbed me the wrong way, really. Those segments with her really weren't flattering...

Yo what's up with the Eboni hate? I thought she was great!

Anyways, I'm happy Dino won, but I would have been ok with Jason or Eboni winning. This seasons top 3 were the best the shows ever had imo.

Also, I miss Joe. Loved that they brought him back for the finale.

Top Bottom