• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hybrid by 5th Cell (Scribblenauts) Beta Sign Up - XBLA

inky

Searched and found nothing, mock if old (or if the thread title is misspelled :p)

STORY

In 2032 a newly built Hadron Supercollider imploded, obliterating Australia. The world was sent into turmoil as an alternate reality collided with our own and from it emerged a species known as the Variant. Chaos ensued and world war broke out between the Variants and a group of rebel humans known as the Paladins.

FEATURES

Massive Online World War
Intense 3v3 Air and Ground Combat
60FPS @ 720p
10 Different Maps & Modes
Tons of Weapon and Abilities

x2PEV.jpg

TRAILER

http://www.whatishybrid.com//index.html

UPDATE:

Hi guys!

We're is excited to finally announce details of the upcoming Beta test.

The test will be closed. To gain access to the Beta, players must sign up at www.whatishybrid.com. Those players may receive a Beta key closer to the date of the actual Beta test, which will take place in late April 2012. Keys will be distributed in multiple groups over the course of the Beta.

Players who recruit friends to the Beta will be awarded an exclusive golden helmet when they activate the full version of Hybrid after its release this summer.

Hybrid will be available in Summer 2012 for Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA).

Emitan

Tried to sing up before remembering that Microsoft actually charges money to play online so I wouldn't be able to play.

Das-J

Law of the West
Interesting... looks like it has really come together in the last year! Still wondering how big of an audience exists for this kind of title, but it could go either way.

Orayn

I will sing a glorious song of shiny armor and unconventional control schemes.
Ooccoo said:
From a brilliant and innovative idea (Scribblenauts) to a space combat game. What happened?
Developers can try different things maybe?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Has there been any word on them possibly doing a steam version, or is this confirmed to be XBLA forever and ever?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I am not sure, but didn't they mention that Microsoft Game Studio is kinda/technically publishing it?

If that's the case, I guess it's a 50/50 chance we'll never see it on PC.

Orayn

Has there been any word on them possibly doing a steam version, or is this confirmed to be XBLA forever and ever?

If a PC version happens, it'll be at least a few months late because many XBLA games agree to be timed exclusives.

thetrin

If a PC version happens, it'll be at least a few months late because many XBLA games agree to be timed exclusives.

If the game is good enough, I'm happy to buy it twice (especially considering it's XBLA priced). It's just more likely that the PC community will last longer than the XBLA community. Console shooter fans tend to be pretty flighty about multiplayer if it isn't COD or Halo.

Epcott

Nice fix Lawjo... I mean Inky.

From Scribblenaughts to a flying FPS? I would have never guessed, but very interesting!
I wonder if they plan to release it for PSN as well?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
How long is this beta? My XBL gold is about to expire.

Other than that, this seems like this is one of the few games I would rather play on the console. Kudos to 5th Cell for going 60fps.

Burger

I was invited (and excited) until I read this:

Your Xbox account must have its region set to North America.

Frown.

Top Bottom