• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoo Tycoon |OT| I could tell you it's goat, but I'd be lion

EBE

okay this game is amazing. i love it. tending to the needs of your visitors and animals is great fun. just watching the animals play and move around is a joy. breeding them to get babies is so adorable. people need to check this game out.

Since this is bumped, I might as well ask...
can anyone recommend the 360 version?
I heard it's missing a lot of features compared to the X1.

RdN

okay this game is amazing. i love it. tending to the needs of your visitors and animals is great fun. just watching the animals play and move around is a joy. breeding them to get babies is so adorable. people need to check this game out.

It is all that, yes.. Until you hit the size cap after 3h of playing and can't do shit anymore.

I was so frustrated in this.. Worst next gen buy so far.

EBE

It is all that, yes.. Until you hit the size cap after 3h of playing and can't do shit anymore.

you didnt buy Spartan Assault then, or did you?

but yeah. im at 4 hours so far on the first campaign mission and am about to hit the cap. but the way i figure it there are 20 or so campaign missions that will get me to try out different animals and combinations of things, so if those take me 4 hours apiece as well, i should do fine.

it should have been at least double the size.

sangreal

4 hours? aren't all the campaign scenarios like 30-60 minutes?

I've only hit the cap once. I enjoy the scenarios, but the game isn't deep enough for free play to be fun IMO

Don't you sell or tear things down to make room for new stuff you unlocked? I know after a while you can't expand, so you have to do a bit of managing

EBE

4 hours? aren't all the campaign scenarios like 30-60 minutes?

I've only hit the cap once. I enjoy the scenarios, but the game isn't deep enough for free play to be fun IMO

i think they are. im trying to max things out though and do as many challenges as i can, releasing animals into the wild and all that. more than other games i think its a case of "your mileage may vary."

sangreal

i think they are. im trying to max things out though and do as many challenges as i can, releasing animals into the wild and all that. more than other games i think its a case of "your mileage may vary."

ah yeah, I can see how the limit would be a big problem if you keep going. Like I said though, I don't really enjoy free play in this game so once the timed challenges are over I just move on to the next scenario

Kyle549

Since this is bumped, I might as well ask...
can anyone recommend the 360 version?
I heard it's missing a lot of features compared to the X1.

I have it on the 360. Looks & plays nicely - I know some of the Kinect functionality for the X1 is not included, but since I haven't played both, not sure what else is missing.

I will say this, my 5 year old loves this game. I let her play on 'creative' mode and she has a great time. She loves watching the animals interact and maintaining their habitats. Not to mention driving the buggy around her zoo.

I've only had time to finish the tutorials, haven't actually started the game itself besides that yet. I enjoyed it though just learning what to do, I just wish I had more time to sink into it.

They are supposed to be coming out with more challenges soonish too.

I've only had time to finish the tutorials, haven't actually started the game itself besides that yet. I enjoyed it though just learning what to do, I just wish I had more time to sink into it.

They are supposed to be coming out with more challenges soonish too.

Does it scratch that Viva Pinata itch?

EBE

Does it scratch that Viva Pinata itch?
Played for a good 8 hours today doing the campaign missions, dabbling in challenge mode. I say yes, it does. It's a very charming game with enough systems working in the background to keep you busy but not tied up. Don't expect as much animal variety as viva pinata though. It runs well and looks quite nice on the xb1. Im VERY pleased by this game. If the developer Frontier ever get the chance at a sequel id definitely be on board.

Top Bottom