• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sephzilla

For those who missed it yesterday

A7EtD92.png

GWF 6: The Never Ending Climax
Date: Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central/12:00AM London
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1501455600z2.png

xc6eQuJ.png

Huge matches fill a stacked GWF6 card as all of the championships are on the line, two #1 contenderships are on the line, GWF holds its first ever Elimination Chamber match, and two of the winningest undefeated superstars in GWF clash for the biggest prize in the game. Will the entire status quo of GWF's championship scene change dramatically? Will the never ending title reign of Beefy continue on?

GWF Tag Team Championshp
The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) vs The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx) [c]

Singles Match
RecRoulette vs SomewhatGroovy

Singles Match
Sinitar vs Serpentine

Submission Match
DMczaf vs BronsonLee

The BewareTheBatsie Winless Open Challenge
Mahonay vs BewareTheBatsie

B+ Championship #1 Contender Match
OwensIsNow vs Syder

GWF B+ Championship
Ithil vs RBH vs Tall4Life [c]

Extreme Rules Match
imBask vs sf2fanatic

World Title #1 Contender Elimination Chamber Match
FallingEdge vs Empyrean Heaven vs Professor Beef vs korly vs Recall vs Hasney

GWF World Championship
FlammableD vs Beefy [c]

Raw64life

They could also stand to learn from NJPW camera men how to build a matches action. Of course this would also imply that the shit on WWE is quality enough to keep in frame and doesn't need cuts to hide how overly whiffed and sloppy a lot of strikes and holds are...and we all know they are super sloppy at times and weak on strikes.

Only thing NJPW needs is more talented English announcers to match the energy level of the great japanese ones they have. Too many low spots and muted emotions from the english side of their commentary.

It's not like the WWE camerawork is bad because they don't know what they're doing. They do it on purpose and think it's good. And it's never gonna change until Kevin Dunn is gone.

I always listen to the Japanese commentary. I watched the first night of the G1 again with my dad using the English commentary and it's just not nearly as hype. And for all the flack JR got for not knowing names of things, then didn't call Gloria and also kept saying the Phoenix Plex is Ibushi's finisher.

It isn't just about this week man. I post in here a lot and NJPW gets bought up a lot when people are saying WWE was good etc.

I didn't shut them down, how the fuck is saying and, shutting them down

I get why people do it, the WWE is the biggest in the world and and folks want to go "HEY MAN, IF YOU LIKE WWE CHECK OUT NEW JAPAN, IT'S 1000X BETTER."

But this thread isn't really the place to convert people over. Most folks here knows NJPW is better. Try pushing that stuff more in the PPV OTs. (which folks seem to be doing, and getting some people to jump).

It's like WWE doing good is going to destroy NJPW forever.

Slizz

It isn't just about this week man. I post in here a lot and NJPW gets bought up a lot when people are saying WWE was good etc.

I didn't shut them down, how the fuck is saying and, shutting them down

And?

Kind of a pompous remark and obviously had no thought behind it when you posted it. You didn't want your question to be answered. All that person said was NJPW had 10 good shows while WWE had 2 in a WRESTLING thread. Not a WWE thread, Wrestling. And I know you said thats not what your remark was based off of, but multiple people doing similar things. Dude its a discussion.

EDIT: Overlying factor here is WWE is bad for life.

Beefy

I get why people do it, the WWE is the biggest in the world and and folks want to go "HEY MAN, IF YOU LIKE WWE CHECK OUT NEW JAPAN, IT'S 1000X BETTER."

But this thread isn't really the place to convert people over. Most folks here knows NJPW is better. Try pushing that stuff more in the PPV OTs. (which folks seem to be doing, and getting some people to jump).

It's like WWE doing good is going to destroy NJPW forever.

I get it as well. Just gets a lil much when it is posted all the time. I only don't watch much NJPW because of the time difference. I like to watch my wrestling live and can just about handle WWE times.

Beefy

And?

Kind of a pompous remark and obviously had no thought behind it when you posted it. You didn't want your question to be answered. All that person said was NJPW had 10 good shows while WWE had 2 in a WRESTLING thread. Not a WWE thread, Wrestling. And I know you said thats not what your remark was based off of, but multiple people doing similar things. Dude its a discussion.

EDIT: Overlying factor here is WWE is bad for life.

You are the only dude getting worked up over the word and...

WWE is dope.

Gawd I love Daniel Bryan. <3

They take away his show so he just finds another way to continue to mock the dumb shit on Raw, while continuing his mocking of Tout and being entertaining and making other people be entertaining too.

The man with no fear lol.

Beefy

Gawd I love Daniel Bryan. <3

They take away his show so he just finds another way to continue to mock the dumb shit on Raw, while continuing his mocking of Tout and being entertaining and making other people be entertaining too.

The man with no fear lol.

Still going to end up going back to wrestling and getting fucked up &#128532;

Anth0ny

The NJPW comparison shit just gets boring. Everyone knows NJPW is better, Heroman says it in every PPV thread

Beefy-san, I want you to listen to me very carefully. I will make it my LIFE MISSION to convert you to the winning team of Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling, where wrestling is still real and not the fake carnival act called WWE.

Heroman is the chief of marketing for team #5years, it's his sworn duty to spread the word.

Sephzilla

Yerp. Completely possible.

Bryan basically has WWE by the balls right now. If Bryan goes to Japan and gets his brain turned into thought-paste, it'll ultimately be bad press for the business and WWE. If Bryan goes to Japan and has a perfectly fine remainder of his career, it looks bad for WWE because they were holding Bryan back.

Beefy

Here's the thing - non-WWE doctors have cleared Bryan to wrestle. What if Bryan goes to NJPW and is perfectly fine.

What if he goes there and ends up disabled? I doubt I would take the chance

Beefy-san, I want you to listen to me very carefully. I will make it my LIFE MISSION to convert you to the winning team of Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling, where wrestling is still real and not the fake carnival act called WWE.

Heroman is the chief of marketing for team #5years, it's his sworn duty to spread the word.

I watch both WWE and NJPW man.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm not convinced Bryan is that hurt.

Still, I'd love that when he does wrestle again if he shifted over to mostly mat based stuff and avoid snapping his neck/hitting his head. Team up with ZSJ or something.

We don't need another Shibata :(
Bryan basically has WWE by the balls right now. If Bryan goes to Japan and gets his brain turned into thought-paste, it'll ultimately be bad press for the business and WWE. If Bryan goes to Japan and has a perfectly fine remainder of his career, it looks bad for WWE because they were holding Bryan back.
Pretty much.

Sephzilla

Honestly we all need to remember that the only doctors who haven't cleared Bryan are WWE doctors. I wouldn't be shocked if there were ulterior motives at work, especially when it comes to a superstar whom Vince has tried to stifle on multiple occasions. I worry about Bryan going elsewhere and getting permanently hurt, but at the same time I don't think he's as hurt as WWE says he is

That being said, Bryan should alter his wrestling offense anyway

Top Bottom