• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emilia Clarke dyes her hair blonde for Game of Thrones season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
In her caption of the hair Instagram, Clarke makes it clear that her two identities of actor and Mother of Dragons are converging to one. "Mother of dragons meet Emilia. Emilia meet mother of dragons. If you squint just so you might never know," she wrote. Of course, that cordial introduction is after her initial announcement, in which she writes, "AAAAHHHHHHH SHHHHIIIII****** I done did it." Clarke really has taken commitment to her role to the next level with this move. She finishes off her caption by thanking the GoT hair department for "at long last making this magical moment a reality."

As Vanity Fair's Julie Miller pointed out, Season 6 ended with "Cersei finally [overcoming] the long-festering limitations of her gender," and doing so without her long, feminine, flow-y locks (which were cut off in that unforgettable public shaming). In Miller's article, GoT's costume designer, Michele Clapton, suggests that Cersei then began evoking her father in image once she took on the role of ruler. Now, Daenerys has always accepted her role as a ruler, even with her long golden locks, but if she goes wig-less next season, showcasing her newly bleached, short, hair, that could mean she also is evoking the male Targaryens, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

https://www.bustle.com/p/emilia-cla...ce-season-8-will-be-huge-for-daenerys-2406443

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZOViualnb7/?taken-by=emilia_clarke

Anth0ny

such commitment

tumblr_inline_oupadrNFYV1s4kk59_540.gif

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Clarke really has taken commitment to her role to the next level with this move.

huh.

What a performer. This is Daniel Day-Lewis/Jared Leto/Revenant Bear tier method acting. Incredible lengths. Award worthy. Magnificent. Maleficent. Sanctimoniously perfunctory. Give her all the Emmys.

So she has the same style of cut as Lena Headey/Cersei now?
I think Im most looking forward to the scene where she finds out she had sex with a nephew who has more claim to the Iron throne than she does.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They had to hot glue her eyebrows down as well as they kept threatening to fly off her face and decapitate some of her fellow actors.

Ahasverus

Imagine the threat of having to dye you hair for tens of millions of dollars for years. And one day being obligued to succumb to such travesty.

Poor soul, such commitment.

Hydrus

Why do people hate Emilia? Her acting this past season was great, probably even the best of all the main cast. She's gorgeous, funny, sweet, passionate about her work, shes like the perfect girl, on top of being one of the coolest actresses there is and not fake like 99% of Hollywood.

Why do people hate Emilia? Her acting this past season was great, probably even the best of all the main cast. She's gorgeous, funny, sweet, passionate about her work, shes like the perfect girl, on top of being one of the coolest actresses there is and not fake like 99% of Hollywood.

That's your dick talking Jim.

Best of all the main cast.

That's your dick talking.

old

I'm just thinking they want more shots of her hair whipping around while riding dragons and the wigs don't look as good doing that.

LotusHD

Banned

How you know

Hydrus

Why are people hating on this?

Does this mean 2018?

People are weird.

A late 2018 might happen. Season 7 took 6 months to film. It started in August and ended in February. The season premiered in July, so that was 5 months of post production. So total 11 months. Filming starts in 2 weeks. Who knows how long this season will take to shoot. It could actually take less time then season 7 since most likely less locations would be needed if the main characters share more screen time together. S8 also has only 6 episodes. But it can also be longer to film and post production if they really increase the budget and decided to go all out for the last season. My guess is October 2018 for the final season. I dont think they want a whole year off of game of thrones. Plus I think 2019 we get the first of the 5 spinoffs.

Big Nikus

I dunno. I like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom