• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

I'm getting my first T2 ticket post mutants. I can already T2 Mags, and Cyclops and Storm aren't too far behind (Rogue and Beast are). Who would you guys T2 first?
Playing a bit with Magneto, he already seems really competent at T1, but I figure that would give me another strong villain for SL, which would make SL easier.

You will get 1100 crystals. The x 5 is how many times you can buy it.

And yes, you can use mega rank ups on Carnage and any other bio sub character. Carnage is a good choice if you want to get 100k on Combat Villain day in ABX. I recommend him.
It's probably obvious, but I would add that generally speaking, every bio you get for paywall characters should go towards upgrading their gear, never rank them up using bios as MRUs are a much more efficient way of doing that.

Xion385

You can use it on Carnage (or any of the p2w bio selector characters).

Carnage is incredibly good, so is Agent Venom, so is Enchantress and so is Kid Kaiju. If you're going to rank up any p2w characters, those are the ones to shoot for. Personally I'd do Enchantress first, she is incredibly strong even at Tier 1.

You will get 1100 crystals. The x 5 is how many times you can buy it.

And yes, you can use mega rank ups on Carnage and any other bio sub character. Carnage is a good choice if you want to get 100k on Combat Villain day in ABX. I recommend him.

It's probably obvious, but I would add that generally speaking, every bio you get for paywall characters should go towards upgrading their gear, never rank them up using bios as MRUs are a much more efficient way of doing that.
Thanks for the advice guys! I'm guessing I'm doing Carnage and Enchantress are my next two that are going to receive my MRU.

Also, suggestions on who should I use for my free bio selectors? I keep reading Robbie Reyes, but I was thinking someone like Elsa who can help me faster? Thoughts? I have about 480 free bios right now.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How the hell do people score 200-400k in ABX? Obviously really good gear, but is there a best strategy to follow, such as focusing on the adds, beast, etc?

How the hell do people score 200-400k in ABX? Obviously really good gear, but is there a best strategy to follow, such as focusing on the adds, beast, etc?

It depends on the day, but I usually focus on the beast for higher scores. Especially on blast days with Sharon. Got 330k last night.

And yeah, stats and gear play a huge part. I know a lot of characters for ABX excel with high attack speed.

Get your crit damage/rate as high as you possibly can and max out Ignore Defense and Skill Cooldown.

Get a damage proc gear (along with whatever stat is needed for that day) if possible as well. And then, if you do have a damage proc gear, try to get the proc to go off on your most damaging skill.

If it keeps proccing on the wrong skill, delay your inputs or switch up your skill rotation until it's in sync.

These are just my personal tips that help me score higher, I'm sure others will have more helpful advice.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Thanks for the advice guys! I'm guessing I'm doing Carnage and Enchantress are my next two that are going to receive my MRU.

Also, suggestions on who should I use for my free bio selectors? I keep reading Robbie Reyes, but I was thinking someone like Elsa who can help me faster? Thoughts? I have about 480 free bios right now.

Elsa is better then Reyes but only when Tier 2'd. If you aren't going to be able to tier 2 her for awhile then Reyes will be more valuable.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It depends on the day, but I usually focus on the beast for higher scores. Especially on blast days with Sharon. Got 330k last night.

And yeah, stats and gear play a huge part. I know a lot of characters for ABX excel with high attack speed.

Get your crit damage/rate as high as you possibly can and max out Ignore Defense and Skill Cooldown.

Get a damage proc gear (along with whatever stat is needed for that day) if possible as well. And then, if you do have a damage proc gear, try to get the proc to go off on your most damaging skill.

If it keeps proccing on the wrong skill, delay your inputs or switch up your skill rotation until it's in sync.

These are just my personal tips that help me score higher, I'm sure others will have more helpful advice.

Thanks. I actually hit 100k with Agent Venom today for the first time just concentrating on the boss.

Sinatar

ABX can be so damn frustrating when the games targeting decides to fuck with you and ignores the boss entirely.

Combat Supervillain day with Carnage is especially egregious.

Thanks. I actually hit 100k with Agent Venom today for the first time just concentrating on the boss.

Awesome man! Congrats!

ABX can be so damn frustrating when the games targeting decides to fuck with you and ignores the boss entirely.

Combat Supervillain day with Carnage is especially egregious.

omg... Yes that day used to annoy me so much. But, I've noticed that you can actually "aim" Carnage's skills towards the beast with dpad. Now I can consistently get scores of 100k+ with him. The timing is kinda wonky and the aiming is somewhat "fuzzy", but it makes a difference. You will get used to it after a few tries.

X9S8b2D.jpg

No, they didn't bother moving towards the boss.

Decided to start playing this again...

I'm so lost, ha.

When did you stop?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No, they didn't bother moving towards the boss.

When did you stop?

Honestly, something like 8-9 months ago. I'm trying to get myself all sorted out and have no idea what to focus on. I never did defeat a WB, so the last thing I was doing was trying to build a squad to start doing that. No T2's yet, either. Is there a good site that keeps builds up to date for gear, ISO, etc?

so I got like 90-100 bio selectors stored, who should I being using them on? I'm still wayyyyyy in the beginning. Sharon's at 6* no mastery or T2 yet.

So, what's a good use of crystals besides unis and MRU tickets? I don't have the need for the latter and there's no former on sale.

so I got like 90-100 bio selectors stored, who should I being using them on? I'm still wayyyyyy in the beginning. Sharon's at 6* no mastery or T2 yet.
Sharon. Getting a T2 Sharon should be your first order of business.

Is there a good site that keeps builds up to date for gear, ISO, etc?

I would suggest just using the character ranking feature in-game and taking a look at the first few top players' gear for each character that you want to build. They have recently made it easier to look at player stats. You can pretty much see everything now. Card stats, ISO set, gear rolls, etc.

There are some guides on reddit (/r/future_fight) for characters as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I would suggest just using the character ranking feature in-game and taking a look at the first few top players' gear for each character that you want to build. They have recently made it easier to look at player stats. You can pretty much see everything now. Card stats, ISO set, gear rolls, etc.

There are some guides on reddit (/r/future_fight) for characters as well.

This is fantastic info, thanks! I was not aware of that being a feature. Should help me get my head on straight.

Malyse

I wish Sharon Rogers was a "real" marvel character. I think she's pretty cool and I hope they keep giving her new outfits. The starlight armor is fantastic.

Gwenpool should have gotten a dressed down alt. Like:

I wish Sharon Rogers was a "real" marvel character. I think she's pretty cool and I hope they keep giving her new outfits. The starlight armor is fantastic.

Gwenpool should have gotten a dressed down alt. Like:

Man, that's what I was hoping it was when it was announced. She looks awesome dressed down. I never was a fan of her costume.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I feel like my shield level should be going up faster. I do all of my dailies, rifts, etc. I'm only 54% to lvl 67 right now.

Sinatar

I feel like my shield level should be going up faster. I do all of my dailies, rifts, etc. I'm only 54% to lvl 67 right now.

Make sure you buy boosters from your alliance shop, they're only 50 points to buy and double your shield xp.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Who to use a MRU on: Ironheart or Mantis

Both seem really good. Anyone got experience with both?

I've heard people are disappointed with Ironhearts overall damage at T2. But I rushed her to it, and she's one of my leads for World Boss clears, and teaming her up with Ironman and War Machine makes a very solid team that has missiles coming from everywhere. I love how solidly her off screen / damage immunity works, and even her 1 and 3 are great dodges / de-lock abilities. I', quite happy with her at T2. She needed damage to make her feel solid, and the buffs from T2 give exactly that.

Mantis' mind control group fear + constant tick healing and I-frames are crazy strong, but her T2 looks very lacking to me. It is, however, a team-wide buff, so more crit and ignore def on the whole team (including herself) could be decently nice. I only have her at T1, and she already does great at that, so I'm hesitant to raise her any higher.

So here I am, thinking I'm making good progress toward Jean, then bam, get hit with the reminder of the stupid 2000 quantity cap on the new X-Men materials. It means that at best (fully capped on feathers), when you unlock Jean, you can't even rank her up halfway. It extends the farming of the feather missions by a month at minumum. I also don't want to resort to BAM conversion since I still have lots of use for those. Ugh...

Anyway, with the presumed Spidey update likely dropping in about two weeks now, I wonder if we'll get a mid-month character balance update. Or if not, some teasers soon. Fingers still crossed for a Spider-Carnage uniform, especially now that Marvel Heroes is getting it next month.

Sinatar

So here I am, thinking I'm making good progress toward Jean, then bam, get hit with the reminder of the stupid 2000 quantity cap on the new X-Men materials. It means that at best (fully capped on feathers), when you unlock Jean, you can't even rank her up halfway. It extends the farming of the feather missions by a month at minumum. I also don't want to resort to BAM conversion since I still have lots of use for those. Ugh...

Yea the limit is complete and utter horseshit.

Xion385

So I've been following this guide trying to catch up after nearly two years of not playing. I was wondering. Are these first month goals realistic or should I temper my expectations?

First Month Goals

- Get your first T2. You get a T2 ticket after logging in for 30 days. I would recommend Sharon, Elsa, or Carnage. Keep working on their gears to 20/20/20/20 in preparation for this (need ±366 bios for max gears).

- Beat 'Hard' Villain Siege: Sharon should do the job nicely.

- Beat Alliance Battle every day. Your score should increase every day from week to week until you "beat it" for that day and have access to extreme alliance battle. You will need a strong Sharon, Loki, Iron Fist (w/uni), and Elsa (T2 and uni) or some other variation of blast, universal, combat, speed, female, and villain.

- Beat all World Bosses. Get nine 6* characters for 3 daily wins. There are no restrictions to who you can use, but you can only use a character in the main battle once. So you'll eventually need 5 good teams which will likely have Sharon, Iron Fist, Elsa, Loki, and somebody else plus some decent leaders and strikers (Ignore Dodge for Corvus).

- Get five good 4 star cards that all have skill cooldown and ignore defense. This will take a lot of time, but the earlier you work on this the better. You get cards from rifts.

- Clear as many floors of as possible Shadowland. You will need strong 6* characters. By strong I mean really strong. Gear up your World Boss and Alliance Battle clearers. Try Iron Fist or Loki for floor one. As motivation floors 5, 10, and 15 reward bio selectors and the 1st time clear rewards include rank up tickets.

Also, the guide mentions about getting a second 6* after 7 days. I got the first 6* and used it on Sharon Rogers, but I never got that second 6*. Is that second 6* strictly for new players or returning player as well?

Sinatar

You probably won't be killing all the world bosses or making it far in Shadowlands in your first month, nor will you be clearing many alliance battles.

Also, the guide mentions about getting a second 6* after 7 days. I got the first 6* and used it on Sharon Rogers, but I never got that second 6*. Is that second 6* strictly for new players or returning player as well?

It's only for brand new players. You get something called "the heroes journey" which is like a mini epic quest that walks you through getting a hero to 6/6/60.

So I've been following this guide trying to catch up after nearly two years of not playing. I was wondering. Are these first month goals realistic or should I temper my expectations?

You'll probably be beating at least some days of World Bosses and Alliance Battle, which is great in just a month. I glanced over that beginner's guide and it's actually pretty good. I'd recommend taking the time to read it over multiple times as there is a ton of info in there, and learning it all sooner rather than later is a big help toward making the most out of each day you play.

Xion385

Thanks guys!
You'll probably be beating at least some days of World Bosses and Alliance Battle, which is great in just a month. I glanced over that beginner's guide and it's actually pretty good. I'd recommend taking the time to read it over multiple times as there is a ton of info in there, and learning it all sooner rather than later is a big help toward making the most out of each day you play.
I actually have been reading for a couple days now. It's the nine 6* characters in a month is the one I'm mostly referring to if it's possible in a month. I'm assuming that that the guide isn't requiring us to purchase crystals.

Sinatar

Thanks guys!

I actually have been reading for a couple days now. It's the nine 6* characters in a month is the one I'm mostly referring to if it's possible in a month. I'm assuming that that the guide isn't requiring us to purchase crystals.

Well a lot of story characters have 30 bios you can farm a day and you need 630 bios to get someone to 6 stars, so it's possible to get a few. I don't know about 9 though, I feel energy would be a limiting factor more then anything.

The Kree

Banned
I re-spec'd Cap and tried him out in Shadowland just now and you were right, he works solo. Another easy early floor clear added to the roster.

Xion385

Hey GAF. I'm about to get three 6* MRUT and three 6* MMT. I needed help picking three characters that can help me immediately catch up with end game content. These are my highest characters so far:

6/6/60
- Sharon Rogers
- Loki
- Carnage
- Goliath

5*
- Thor
- Black Widow
- Yellowjacket
- Elsa

4*

- Iron Fist

P.S.: I do have the 20 Daily Bios if that helps.

Sinatar

Hey GAF. I'm about to get three 6* MRUT and three 6* MMT. I needed help picking three characters that can help me immediately catch up with end game content. These are my highest characters so far:

6/6/60
- Sharon Rogers
- Loki
- Carnage
- Goliath

5*
- Thor
- Black Widow
- Yellowjacket
- Elsa

4*

- Iron Fist

P.S.: I do have the 20 Daily Bios if that helps.

Since you've got the bio sub: Enchantress, Space Knight Venom and Kid Kaiju.

Top Bottom