• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin Discussion: Week of July 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, TheRob is trolling a few of you into stupidity.

How are you seriously responding to a guy that's posting with the Rock's vernacular as if he wasn't doing anything more than just trying to get a rise out of all of you?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:

How are you seriously responding to a guy that's posting with the Rock's vernacular as if he wasn't doing anything more than just trying to get a rise out of all of you?

I cant help it, confrontation and argument are part of being me.

But Id love if Bish came in here and cleaned him out :)

ColdBlooded33 said:
1. Why isnt Matt Hardy getting more of a push? The crowd loves him.
He's not the chosen one. (Not that I personally care... I think he sucks.)

Vince books in the complete opposite of how he used to create stars. Now, he picks them out early and pushes them down your throat from that point forward whether you like them or not. Austin and Rock got themselves over when no one thought they could. Now, Vince sees a spark in Orton and Cena and will push them as hard as possible while guys like Edge and RVD are destroying themselves nightly just trying to keep close to a spot on the card they deserved five years ago.

Jericho said on an interview after he retired that Christian vs Cena never happened because Christian was getting more of a face pop than Cena and they didn't want to lose what they had built with Cena. So obviously to a normal person, you'd think "so why not push Christian if he's got more of a fan following?" Vince decided to instead make Christian WWE Jobber of the Year for 2005 to punish him for getting himself over. (It's true... some guy kept a win/loss record of every guy, and Christian had jobbed more often and had a lower win % than guys like Nunzio or Stevie Richards.)

Matt Hardy is in the same situation. He's super over, but Vince doesn't like him, so no matter how hard he works, he will absolutely never, ever get anywhere decent on the card. He really should have picked TNA when he had the chance. You know he could've negotiated an absurd contract with them back in those days when he got himself mega-over from the Lita break-up. Now if he tried to negotiate with them, he'd have no leverage.

CB3

If they Could get Jeff Hardy back and reunite the Hardy Bros, atleast he would get some Tag Team love. The Crowd ****ing LOVED the Hardy bros

TheRob

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let me stop you there. The Rob isn't the troll, I never started a fight or tried to with anything. People like ColdBlooded like to jump on me because they feel cool doing it, I guess. I'm not the troll here. I came in here, just like the past couple WrestlingDiscussion topics, just to talk about wrestling whether it be in third or first person. I first got attacked because I wasn't a conformist who blindly loved the new DX if you remember correctly, which you should because I remember you taking my side in it. So there you have it. The truth. You want to call someone a troll, look to the people who've started on me for no other reason than having a different opinion.

Guzim

some guy kept a win/loss record of every guy, and Christian had jobbed more often and had a lower win % than guys like Nunzio or Stevie Richards.)
I honestly think Christian won 3 times in 2005. And 2 of those wins were against Funaki.

CB3

I jump on your because your ****ing annoying, and better suited on the GameFaqs Wrestling board with all the other idiots with their "Personas" I dont care if i look cool, or stupid doing it. the fact that people agree with me has nothing to do with anything

TheRob

ColdBlooded33 said:
I jump on your because your ****ing annoying, and better suited on the GameFaqs Wrestling board with all the other idiots with their "Personas" I dont care if i look cool, or stupid doing it. the fact that people agree with me has nothing to do with it

Whatever, you make yourself look like a fool there because I didn't even have the "Persona" at first. I only started it because of idiots like you constantly attacking for having my own opinion. That IS the reason why you did it. Don't try to deny it, because it's just BS to do so.

Guzim

04.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

CB3

TheRob said:
Whatever, you make yourself look like a fool there because I didn't even have the "Persona" at first. I only started it because of idiots like you constantly attacking for having my own opinion. That IS the reason why you did it. Don't try to deny it, because it's just BS to do so.

Yeah your right, thats totally the reason. You must be inside my thoughts. Tell me, Do you work as a Psychic during the day?

If you would recall, i didnt even know you were until you started that dumbass gimmick. If you just acted normal, id chalk you up as Outcast #2 and be done with it. Either throw away your horrible, horrible, Rock gimmick, or quit whining about why people talk bad about you

Edit: :lol I missed the part saying I look like a fool. :lol :lol :lol Keep thinking that Buddy

TheRob

ColdBlooded33 said:
Yeah your right, thats totally the reason. You must be inside my thoughts. Tell me, Do you work as a Psychic during the day?

If you would recall, i didnt even know you were until you started that dumbass gimmick. If you just acted normal, id chalk you up as Outcast #2 and be done with it. Either throw away your horrible, horrible, Rock gimmick, or quit whining about why people talk bad about you

Edit: :lol I missed the part saying I look like a fool. :lol :lol :lol Keep thinking that Buddy

You're not worth even responding to, because your responses turn into nonsense and backtracking on your own behalf. If you didn't do it for me having a different opinion then that just means you did it for no other reason than to do it, which would make you look even worse. Also, I know you knew who I was afterwards because I remember you looking for me in the next WrestlingDiscussion, so don't try to act like you're above me. Anyway, I will continue with the "persona" if I feel like it and if you don't like it well then too bad.

ColdBlooded, stop now. The guy is playing a joke character. You seriously responding to him with insults and really getting worked up is awkward and exactly what he wants.

TheRob

ColdBlooded, stop now. The guy is playing a joke character. You seriously responding to him with insults and really getting worked up is awkward and exactly what he wants.

You obviosuly haven't been reading what I've said.

CB3

ColdBlooded, stop now. The guy is playing a joke character. You seriously responding to him with insults and really getting worked up is awkward.

:lol This isnt me getting worked up, this is me having fun with some chump on a boring friday night. But hey, if you want me to stop, im done. I know where i stand on this Board, as well as others who actually know and respect me, and its on a level way above this dude. Joke Character or Not.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
ColdBlooded33 said:
If they Could get Jeff Hardy back and reunite the Hardy Bros, atleast he would get some Tag Team love. The Crowd ****ing LOVED the Hardy bros

They are supposedly going to be back for the CW launch. As well as the "Greatest Tag Team". I surely hope so. Having Smackdown on Cruise Control until the CW launch has not been pretty, though it has put alot of wrestling on a wrestling show and let King Booker get a hell of a push.

ColdBlooded33 said:

Excuse me?
How about you suck my dick? Ok? I'm sick anf ****ing tired of being this forum's WHIPPING BOY because I don't choke down the McMahon branded Kool-Aid. Look, I'm just calling a spade a spade. Sorry it doesn't fit with YOUR view of the shit that's being put on TV every week.

At least I know my shit. Not that it's a thing to be proud of, but I'm probably one of th eMOST knowledgable guy here when it comes to this circus side show. I haven't missed a damn PPV in 10 years of WWE. And every monthly TNA PPV.

Try being a fan of 20+ years and having to deal the current bullshit every damn week. You'd get pretty jaded too.

Get the **** off my ass.

CB3

Outcast2004 said:
Excuse me?
How about you suck my dick? Ok? I'm sick anf ****ing tired of being this forum's WHIPPING BOY because I don't choke down the McMahon branded Kool-Aid. Look, I'm just calling a spade a spade. Sorry it doesn't fit with YOUR view of the shit that's being put on TV every week.

At least I know my shit. Not that it's a thing to be proud of, but I'm probably one of th eMOST knowledgable guy here when it comes to this circus side show. I haven't missed a damn PPV in 10 years of WWE. And every monthly TNA PPV.

Try being a fan of 20+ years and having to deal the current bullshit every damn week. You'd get pretty jaded too.

Get the **** off my ass.

:lol :lol :lol Whoa whoa it was nothing personal :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Outcast2004 said:
I'm just tired of people's bullshit. I'm fed up with it.

Whent the shit's actually GOOD I won't be so damn down on it.

Why should Vince try to improve his product though if people like you who seem to hate it so much are still gonna watch?

Nameless

Outcast2004 said:
Excuse me?

Get the **** off my ass.

I feel your pain. I've accepted to fact that wrestling is no longer for us(the long time and diehard fan). Vince knows that the people who have been watching wrestling virtually all their life aren't about to up and stop, so why cater to them?

WWE has been borderline horrible lately, but still find enjoyment out of it. Its kind of one of those situations where its so bad, its sorta entertaining. Besides, Edge saves Raw each and everyweek, as does King Booker SD. I still look forward to WWE programing because the company is in such disaray you never know whats going to happen. Smackdown's booking is so bad, and so inconsistent I wonder are their creative filled with alzheimer's paitents. Booker Just got pwned for the past month or two by Lashely, but he is probably going to walk out of GAB world champ--and has there ever been a worse booked champ than Rey?? Ever?

And on Raw, if Brother ****ing Love came out next week and beat Edge for the WWE title, I honestly wouldnt' be suprised. I get my actual wrestling fix through TNA, ROH, and most recently my interest in Japanese stuff has picked up again, and WWE will grace us with a good-great math every now and then. The WWE is like you said, "a circus" and thats what i anticipate when vieiwing it now adays.

Brian Fellows said:
Why should Vince try to improve his product though if people like you who seem to hate it so much are still gonna watch?

He's not getting MY money for PPVs or live events, now is he?

That's where the money is, genius.

Nameless

A Chesapeake man told Hampton Roads NewsChannel 3 that WWE wrestler Ken "Kenny" Doane is responsible for injuring his arm.

Following a WWE RAW house show last Sunday, James Wilson, 27, says he noticed Doane and wrestler Mickie James waiting at a stoplight.

According to Wilson, who approached them, only James gave him an autograph. Doane, on the other hand, allegedly held onto Wilson's poster as the light turned green. He then began to drive off, ripping the sign and hurting Wilson's shoulder, the man, who doctors diagnosed with a left shoulder strain, says.

"That's when it ripped in the end and fell on the ground," said Wilson. "And it's not my fault he did what he did. I'm innocent and I'm going to take a warrant out. And nobody's going to stop me over my dead body!"

Wilson said that Doane was the only wrestler to ever deny his autograph request.

WWE's Gary Davis offered Wilson autographed photos, but when Wilson instead requested money, WWE asked that he file a written report.

The company is standing behind its wrestler, saying that Doane's only contact with the man occurred when Mickie James was signing his poster.

Wilson, who will pursue a misdemeanor charge at the Norfolk magistrate's office, said that Kenny was doing more than merely playing his "heel" character.

"I just do. I feel the way I do because he was real. And not just he ripped my poster, which is a misdemeanor, but then he hurt my arm and shoulder," said Wilson.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bloodwake

I actually agree with Outcast on quite a lot of what he has to say.

Because he's right. The product sucks on WWE right now.

This is why TNA needs to get bigger, and soon. Once this happens, there will be competition, and then we might see something from WWE.

Nameless

Bloodwake said:
I actually agree with Outcast on quite a lot of what he has to say.

Because he's right. The product sucks on WWE right now.

This is why TNA needs to get bigger, and soon. Once this happens, there will be competition, and then we might see something from WWE.

TNA needs to tackle the WWE head on. I'm talking Monday Nights from 8pm-10pm. Of course, it wouldn't beat WWE in ratings, but the hype of the return of the monday night wars would easily allow TNA to double what they're ratings. And just being an alternative would do alot for them.

The great thing about NItro vs raw is that when one show was doing something shitty, chances are the other was not.

Bloodwake

Nameless said:
The great thing about NItro vs raw is that when one show was doing something shitty, chances are the other was not.

QFT.

Whenever I was tired of WCW's bullshit, I just changed the channel. Same with WWF. It was great.

dskillzhtown

Nameless said:
TNA needs to tackle the WWE head on. I'm talking Monday Nights from 8pm-10pm. Of course, it wouldn't beat WWE in ratings, but the hype of the return of the monday night wars would easily allow TNA to double what they're ratings. And just being an alternative would do alot for them.

Oh no. That is a terrible idea. What makes you think that people who aren't watching TNA now will turn the channel FROM WWE to watch it? No, that will not work. If anything it would hurt TNA's rating. The thing about Nitro vs Raw was star power on both shows. Who is going to turn off HHH vs Cena to see Jarrett vs Sting? TNA just needs to build it's audience where it is. They need to ****ing advertise actually. That would help alot right there.

dskillzhtown said:
Oh no. That is a terrible idea. What makes you think that people who aren't watching TNA now will turn the channel FROM WWE to watch it? No, that will not work. If anything it would hurt TNA's rating. The thing about Nitro vs Raw was star power on both shows. Who is going to turn off HHH vs Cena to see Jarrett vs Sting? TNA just needs to build it's audience where it is. They need to ****ing advertise actually. That would help alot right there.

What would help more is not having an 11 PM time slot. Put them on from 9 to 11, they'll do great.

Speaking of TNA, here's what a real promo sounds like kids.
http://www.tnawrestling.com/fullnews.php?home=742

Nameless

dskillzhtown said:

I'm not suggesting that they would actually defeat Raw in the ratings, or come close. But the the hype of the ratings war would mean ALOT to TNA. ANd thats why I said go from 8pm to 10pm, so they are only taking Raw on for an hour. With the hype, and the fact that there is an alternative just a button away, I think people would turn from Viscera vs. Rob Conway, and the other pointless crap that hogs up 75% of Raw, and turn to TNA just because they can.

dskillzhtown

Outcast2004 said:
What would help more is not having an 11 PM time slot. Put them on from 9 to 11, they'll do great.

Speaking of TNA, here's what a real promo sounds like kids.
http://www.tnawrestling.com/fullnews.php?home=742

Maybe, but trying to go head to head with WWE wouldn't work. I am not sure if the OP gets that. TNA has it's niche audience right now and alot of the niche audience watches Raw. So you are going to splinter that audience by playing at the same time as Raw is on? Doesn't make much sense to me. Doesn't make sense when TNA doesn't have the traction it needs to do so. I know everyone wants to re-create the Monday Night Wars, but it ain't happening.

Nameless said:
I'm not suggesting that they would actually defeat Raw in the ratings, or come close. But the the hype of the ratings war would mean ALOT to TNA. ANd thats why I said go from 8pm to 10pm, so they are only taking Raw on for an hour. With the hype, and the fact that there is an alternative just a button away, I think people would turn from Viscera vs. Rob Conway, and the other pointless crap that hogs up 75% of Raw, and turn to TNA just because they can.

So TNA is pulling a .9-1.2 with no competition on at the same time. What do you think that rating will go to when there is competition on? That is a key aspect you are missing. Alot of that 1.2 watches Raw, so in the opening segment, TNA might go from a 1.0 to a .6. Some fans might leave Raw when Viscera/Conway is on, but is it worth a couple of spikes here and there when the overall rating is crap?

Brian Fellows said:
Rhino bored the shit out of me. Its no wonder ECW went out of business in the first place.

Yes, because Rhino had soooo much to do with it. WTF ever, kid.

There's one person responsible for ECW's demise.... Paul Heyman. He had no idea how to handle the money that was coming in. Due to his negligence, the company folded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom