• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin Discussion: Week of July 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McMahon defintely needs to combine the SD and RAW rosters. Trying to own all the wrestlers in the world has resulted in watering down the product.

Ugh I remember that girl. We had a thread on her controversy. She has absolutely no ass. It's disgusting.

ericachevillar7.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
bishoptl said:
Evolution my ass. HHH and Flair carried Orton and Batista until it was time to turn the golden boy face. He flopped, DAVE picked up the ball and ran with it while Orton crapped in bags and swore he was a "Legend Killer". Um, yeah.

Yeah Orton's face turn might have been the worst one ever. Because even when trying be a face he acted like a smug dickhead who had no idea how to be likable. It was right then that I knew all(or most) the bad things I'd heard about how he acted with fans after the shows were actually true.

EDIT- Yeah that chicks lack of an ass is pretty gross.

Alur said:
I'm curious to read what he said as well.

And 30 days for RVD and $1000 for Sabu? Orton got 60 days for his attitude, WTF. I know they need em, but damn.

It was was RVD walking around ringside giving high fives to all the fans then he got back in the ring and did a pose. There was no sound.

the_geche

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Sources within WWE are confirming that Randy Orton did not meet the requirements to pass the WWE wellness program drug test. Although many details have not been released, apparently WWE Officials found over eight bottles of non-prescription painkillers in Orton's dressing bag. After the incident with RVD this past week, Vince McMahon had a talk with all talent from all three brands warning them about the use of Painkillers. It should also be noted that Randy Orton tested positive for Steriod use within the last two months. At this point, many aren't sure if WWE will make the story public, with Orton being a centerpiece of this year's Summerslam battling Hulk Hogan. However, if action isn't taken, it would be not only unfair to RVD, it would also look very bad in the eyes of the public. We will have more on this story as it develops.

Holy shit....

the_geche said:

Sources within WWE are confirming that Randy Orton did not meet the requirements to pass the WWE wellness program drug test. Although many details have not been released, apparently WWE Officials found over eight bottles of non-prescription painkillers in Orton's dressing bag. After the incident with RVD this past week, Vince McMahon had a talk with all talent from all three brands warning them about the use of Painkillers. It should also be noted that Randy Orton tested positive for Steriod use within the last two months. At this point, many aren't sure if WWE will make the story public, with Orton being a centerpiece of this year's Summerslam battling Hulk Hogan. However, if action isn't taken, it would be not only unfair to RVD, it would also look very bad in the eyes of the public. We will have more on this story as it develops.

Holy shit....

This is recent?

Just fire this piece of shit already!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
the_geche said:

Holy shit....

the drug policy was knee jerk reaction to avoid the possible bad press after Eddy's death. I always thought it would be enforced selectively and it is being enforced that way. I think Vince is legit when he says he cares about the wrestler's health. But Vince loves money more. So while Orton has terrible promos and goes into restholds too much, he has 'the look', he is good at the basics and he is talented at a young age. He could develop into a hell of a star in the future. Orton would probably have to rape Shane in the shower to get fired. It ain't right, but it is the wrestling business.

But the thing that concerns me is that almost everyone that shrank after the policy was announced is back to the size they were before. You cannot tell me that they all have been taking Xcience and eating well. I am sure there are alot more positive tests floating out there.

Rabid Wolverine said:
Yes please!

Hopefully the Brooke Hogan angle will be scrapped cause of this.

If he doesn't get STRAIGHT OUT FIRED for this, it's just spitting in the face of the drug policy.

Not only that, this dipshit JUST came off suspension! That ****ing idiot just doesn't get it! He's going to make MILLIONS, and he's just beng a dick and pissing it all away.

As for the drug policy being "pick and choose", tell that to Chris Masters (one of their pet projects) and Joey Matthews.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Outcast2004 said:
If he doesn't get STRAIGHT OUT FIRED for this, it's just spitting in the face of the drug policy.

Not only that, this dipshit JUST came off suspension! That ****ing idiot just doesn't get it! He's going to make MILLIONS, and he's just beng a dick and pissing it all away.

As for the drug policy being "pick and choose", tell that to Chris Masters (one of their pet projects) and Joey Matthews.

If nothing happens to him, then it will be "pick and choose" wouldn't it?

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
dskillzhtown said:
t
But the thing that concerns me is that almost everyone that shrank after the policy was announced is back to the size they were before. You cannot tell me that they all have been taking Xcience and eating well. I am sure there are alot more positive tests floating out there.

If all the other wrestlers started getting bigger again, I've got a theory for it. Someone so huge (not in actual size, but in marketability) got caught (like, I don't know, let's just call him John C...wait, that's too obvious, let's call him J Cena.) WWE kept a lid on it, but somehow, all the wrestlers know that he was caught and the WWE didn't do anything. And now they're not afraid anymore. The people who know they will bring in the big bucks will have nothing to fear.

The older superstars stay on top with steroids, and the younger ones trying to break in cannot compete with them size-wize so Vince pays them less because he likes big guys. Young guys get fed up, they quit. Everybody (except TNA) loses!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Credit for this goes to Holic over at Operation Sports.........:lol

Exclusive picture from Sunday night. This was taken at the scene....

RVDSabu.jpg

Nameless

the_geche said:

Holy shit....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gawd damnit Randy WTF is wrong with you? I swear, being an Orton fan is like being a Terrell Owens fan all over again..:(

Nameless

I don't blame a single WWE superstar for the painkillers. These guys bust their ass more days a year than any other athelete, and work through injuries that other atheletes wouldn't. Not to mention the pressure that they're under to keep up their physique while touring 75-80% of the year.

If Cena showed up with the body of William Regal, he would probably never defeat the odds again. I blame Vince more than anything. You didn't have to be Mr. Olympus in order to get a decent push, maybe guys wouldn't use steroids.

There is only ONE man though, who can get rid of this black cloud of drugs and steroids that his quickly approaching the WWE!

Christopher

Nameless said:
I don't blame a single WWE superstar for the painkillers. These guys bust their ass more days a year than any other athelete, and work through injuries that other atheletes wouldn't. Not to mention the pressure that they're under to keep up their physique while touring 75-80% of the year.

That's their job. I have no sympathy towards these people "busting thier ass" because they are paid accordingly.

Nameless

Christopher said:
That's their job. I have no sympathy towards these people "busting thier ass" because they are paid accordingly.

What I'm saying is that they are under pressure to compete. Grant Hill sat out like 2 years but was still one of the highest paid players--WWE superstars don't have that luxury as working shows is a large portion of their income.

My point is that there is tremendous pressure on them. Yeah, they know that before choosing that lifestyle, but you can't expect someone to wrestle THAT much, while also spending the need time in the gym, while dealing with multiple injuries without some sort of pain-relief.

Yet more bad news for ECW.... Ratings? Say bye bye to them....

ECW ON SCI FI RATING
by Dave Scherer @ 10:21:00 AM on 7/6/2006

This week's edition of ECW on Sci Fi did a 1.4 cable rating, with a 3 share. While it was down from last week's 2.2, I was told that network and WWE sources were happy with the number since it aired on the holiday and they were expecting a far greater drop off than what they ended up getting. The show did consistent quarter hours, starting with a 1.3, going to a 1.4, another 1.4, then doing a 1.5 in the last quarter. The overrun was the high point, doing a 1.9.

Nameless

From WWE.com:

Saturday Night's Main Event, which will take place July 15 at 8/7 CT in Dallas, is right around the corner. And after meeting together this afternoon, SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long, ECW Representative Paul Heyman and Mr. McMahon's Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman announced a number of matches and events for the Saturday spectacular.

Representing RAW, WWE Champion Edge will defend his gold against former Champion John Cena. Plus, for the first time in six months, Batista will return to in-ring action as he teams up with World Champion Rey Mysterio and United States Champion Bobby Lashley to take on King Booker, Mark Henry and Finlay. And all three brands will be represented in the first-ever Bikini Bull Riding Contest. Taking part in the unique event will be RAW's Torrie Wilson, Maria, Women's Champion Mickie James, Candice and Victoria; SmackDown's Kristal, Ashley, Jillian and Michelle McCool; and ECW's Kelly Kelly.

Also, Mr. McMahon announced on RAW last week that D-Generation X would be taking on the entire Spirit Squad in a 2-on-5 Elimination Match.

Check back soon for more details on Saturday Night's Main Event.

Booker and Batista in the same ring! Stiff shots FTW!! Cena vs Edge was predictable..Edge will go over semi clean, or Lita will cause a DQ setting up those two in a gimmick match for Summer slamn.

Hopefully ECW will get a match or two.

Guzim

And all three brands will be represented in the first-ever Bikini Bull Riding Contest. Taking part in the unique event will be RAW's Torrie Wilson, Maria, Women's Champion Mickie James, Candice and Victoria; SmackDown's Kristal, Ashley, Jillian and Michelle McCool; and ECW's Kelly Kelly.
Hopefully Mickie and Victoria kill Kelly or something.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Snaku said:
Yeah, not really bad news, considering it aired on Independence Day. That was to be expected.

Not bad news at all considering it was a holiday. Sci-Fi demanded a 1.4 average for the show. It got that on a holiday. That is good news. Especially considering they lost no audience throughout the show and ECW had a Twilight Zone lead-in this week.

Bloodwake

dskillzhtown said:
Not bad news at all considering it was a holiday. Sci-Fi demanded a 1.4 average for the show. It got that on a holiday. That is good news. Especially considering they lost no audience throughout the show and ECW had a Twilight Zone lead-in this week.

Everyone had to hold on... they knew what was coming.

Bloodwake said:
Anyways, Cena will win it back at SNME... I can just see it happening already.
Just like you guys thought Cena would win it on RAW and starting freaking out when chumpstain Edge won it. Not only did he lose but the 5 moves of Doom were shattered AND you forever scarred the dreams of Cenakid. Hope you're happy.

I like tweaking the Cena haterz every now and then. But seriously, DX could be improved. I keep hearingNAO rumors because their contract was up but they can't come back. HELL NO to Syxx-Pac too. Masked Kane? Been done. LOL at the the YouTube vids I've been seeing.

Triple H's New King of Kings video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUoEyQgPOM

then there's this ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7odvv1gPyY

sharukins

Banned
There is only one way to revive wrestling, have just 1 show on tv per week and reduce the number to PPV to only 3 - Royal Rumble come back, Summer Slam as MAIN event and Survivor series. Thats it

More is not necessarily better for WWE

the_geche

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

"Apparently WWE have decided not to publicly punish Orton for violating the WWE Wellness Program. In addition to be fined $2,000, Vince McMahon will hire Orton a rehab consultant where he/she will travel on the road with Orton, due to the fact Orton will not be taken off WWE television.

Many stars are outraged at WWE officials and even Vince McMahon for not taking drastic action towards the situation. Paul Heyman is said to be the most outraged, due to the fact that RVD, the star of ECW was suspened for thirty days for something similar to this situation, however, Orton has not even been serverly punished.

One source within WWE commented "This is highly unfair to the entire roster that Orton was not suspened. It's going to make the wellness program look more like a joke because just about everything in WWE leaks online." It should also be noted that Hulk Hogan is the reason Orton didn't get suspened because he played peace-maker during the entire situation. He persuaded Vince to keep Orton, especially with the big Summerslam showdown coming in August."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom