• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin Discussion: Week of July 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

sharukins said:
There is only one way to revive wrestling, have just 1 show on tv per week and reduce the number to PPV to only 3 - Royal Rumble come back, Summer Slam as MAIN event and Survivor series. Thats it

More is not necessarily better for WWE
I must have been watching something else in 2004, 2005, and 2006 then. And why would you want to get rid of WrestleMania?

the_geche

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1152253232.shtml

- The 6/25 Vengeance PPV in Charlotte drew 6,800 paid, with a gate over $400,000.

- There is strong talk of WWE doing a Hardy Boyz reunion in a few months.

- Johnny "Swinger" Parisi asked for and was granted his release when he learned WWE creative had nothing for him. Tommy Dreamer told him he would be used in ECW before he lost influence.

- The "Wreckless Intent" CD fell to #108 on the Billboard charts.

- Rumor has it that Eric Bischoff's contract expires this week.

- The focus of the next season of "Hogan Know's Best" will have Brooke Hogan, 18, dating with her father Hulk Hogan not liking it.

- Deep South referee Mike Posey is moving up to the ECW roster.

Hardy Boyz reunion? Could be interesting.

the_geche

Oh yea, I did some digging and it turns out that Rany Orton story is false. None of that stuff was even mentioned in the latest WO newsletter. Sorry about that and from now on Im gettin my news strickly from PWInsider, PWTorch, WO, or Gerweck....

Guzim

the_geche said:
- The focus of the next season of "Hogan Know's Best" will have Brooke Hogan, 18, dating with her father Hulk Hogan not liking it.
Isn't that the focus of every episode? Also, Orton violating the wellness program is supposedly fake.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
From http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/commentary/070806diary

Diary of Violence - 7/8/06
By Tommy Dreamer
July 8, 2006

TO ALL ECW FANS:

I TAKE IT UPON MYSELF TO APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK.

I CANNOT TRULY EXPRESS MY FEELINGS.

I AM ANGRY, PISSED OFF AND TOTALLY FRUSTRATED ABOUT WHAT I HAVE BEEN SEEING IN ECW.

I NEED TO SIT BACK AND DIGEST ALL OF THIS.

IF I WRITE ABOUT WHAT IS IN MY HEAD, MY COLUMN WILL PROBABLY NO LONGER EXIST.

SORRY.

Innovator of Violence
Tommy Dreamer

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
dskillzhtown said:
From http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/commentary/070806diary

Diary of Violence - 7/8/06
By Tommy Dreamer
July 8, 2006

TO ALL ECW FANS:

I TAKE IT UPON MYSELF TO APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK.

I CANNOT TRULY EXPRESS MY FEELINGS.

I AM ANGRY, PISSED OFF AND TOTALLY FRUSTRATED ABOUT WHAT I HAVE BEEN SEEING IN ECW.

I NEED TO SIT BACK AND DIGEST ALL OF THIS.

IF I WRITE ABOUT WHAT IS IN MY HEAD, MY COLUMN WILL PROBABLY NO LONGER EXIST.

SORRY.

Innovator of Violence
Tommy Dreamer

Whoa, what did I miss?

dskillzhtown

DarienA said:
Whoa, what did I miss?

I think that Tommy thought that this would be "ECW", not just the 3rd brand in the extension. So now he is all frustrated at reality. This is just the 3rd WWE brand with ECW as the name on the marque. I guess he is seeing the writing on the wall. In the Observer this week Dave is supposed to have a huge article about things behind the scenes.

Triumph

Banned
You know, the theory I'm about to propose probably would have worked a lot better when the top ECW guy had both belts and his name wasn't mud, but why the hell can't these ECW alums go to Vince en masse and say, "This is shit. In order for ECW to have ANY credibility, you need us. So listen to us and do things our way"? Seriously, who's gonna watch "ECW" if it's just Mike Knox, Kelly, the Big Show and Test? Also, **** Joey Styles and Paul Heyman. Just because.

ECW used to be about wrestling, now it's about "ENTERTAINMENT"

The reason why the Attitude era worked was because it had awesome matches.... and the entertainment was sugar-coating.

Vince has to go back to the root of wrestling... but he won't cause he just wants wrestling to be like it was in the 80's and it won't work like that anymore. Well for me it won't.

This weeks edition of "Tommy's Thoughts" is most probably a work to set up a feud between him and Show/Heyman in the coming weeks..

...also he has no right to call himself the "Innovator of Violence" anymore.

dskillzhtown

Keyser Soze said:
This weeks edition of "Tommy's Thoughts" is most probably a work to set up a feud between him and Show/Heyman in the coming weeks..

...also he has no right to call himself the "Innovator of Violence" anymore.

That is what I was thinking after I posted it. Setting up Dreamer vs Show. But why would I need to see that after Show has kicked his ass repeatedly?

dskillzhtown said:
That is what I was thinking after I posted it. Setting up Dreamer vs Show. But why would I need to see that after Show has kicked his ass repeatedly?

Well that the feud that made Dreamer the big name he is (was?) was Raven kicking his ass for 2 whole years... of course things are never done that well anymore. Even Paul himself would not be able to put togeather something of that quality these days.

...I am guessing this BigShow/Dreamer stuff is Vince is trying to recreate that feud again. (and failing)

And now for something completely different...

MUST BUY!
razor_82.jpg

The 7/15 Saturday Night's Main Event in Dallas, Texas will feature a "special appearance" by Hulk Hogan and his daughter Brooke. Given the last several weeks of TV, it appears WWE will be shooting an angle with Randy Orton to set up Hogan vs. Orton, possibly for Summerslam, on the NBC special.

oh so special...

If you notice Cena in that match seemed alot cleaner with some of this moves, not to mention he had some nice move he doesn't do anymore.

Smackdown on. Battle Royale.

TheRob

FINALLY....THE ROB....has come back to NeoGAF...

the_geche said:
Oh yea, I did some digging and it turns out that Rany Orton story is false. None of that stuff was even mentioned in the latest WO newsletter. Sorry about that and from now on Im gettin my news strickly from PWInsider, PWTorch, WO, or Gerweck....

Digging? It's on the front page of most news sites. Yeah, you're a regular Sherlock... If ya smell what The Rob is cookin'.

The Rob would like to apologize to all his fans here at NeoGAF for missing last Monday, so I've decided to make a special appearance for my fans here on Friday Night Smackdown!

TheRob

Christopher said:
Do we care about you? Or should we?

...and just who in the blue hell are you?

Should The Rob care about you? Stick to starting threads and let The Rob handle the commentary because he is "The People's Poster."

Mr. Kennedy is going to be the next Randy Orton at this rate...I dub thee Mr. Rest hold.

ColdBlooded33 said:
No, and No. He Sucks

Who are you again? Oh, that's right you're the guy who rides The Rob's coat tails.

Should The Rob care about you? Stick to starting threads and let The Rob handle the commentary because he is "The People's Poster."

Mr. Kennedy is going to be the next Randy Orton at this rate...I dub thee Mr. Rest hold.

sigh6pf1ps.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheRob said:

Your as entertaining as Umaga. Shut the hell up

TheRob said:

Who are you again? Oh, that's right you're the guy who rides The Rob's coat tails.

Your attempt to humour is quite sad.

This is ... ENTERTAINING!

(grabs cowboy hat)

Welcome back folks and we've got a 3-1 slobberknocker! Its Christopher, Coldblooded33, and Keyser Soze vs. TheRob!!! What started as a Handicap Match has TheRob exchanging rights and lefts!

Nameless

TheRob said:

Digging? It's on the front page of most news sites. Yeah, you're a regular Sherlock... If ya smell what The Rob is cookin'.

The Rob would like to apologize to all his fans here at NeoGAF for missing last Monday, so I've decided to make a special appearance for my fans here on Friday Night Smackdown!

superkick1ad.gif

TheRob

The Main Event said:
Your attempt to humour is quite sad.

And your attempt at a response is quite stupid.

The Rob came here to just lend his opinion, like you, but you people like to jump on The Rob in hopes that some of my greatness rubs off on you.

Shard = Joke Account

The most entertaining thing about Smackdown! tonight is seeing the commercial for NSMB, even though The Rob has seen it about a million times.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, as untrue as that is Surreal Life, it is however the first time I have heard such a thing, so congrats on finding a new level of stupid.

TheRob

Shard said:
Well, as untrue as that is Surreal Life, it is however the first time I have heard such a thing, so congrats on finding a new level of stupid.

Stop rambling at The Rob!

Smackdown! is even more entertaining than your attempts at put downs.

Nameless

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

"Look at him hes a freakin Fruit Booty" "You guys wanna see a guy in a dress that looks like a cross between rupal and doctor evil"

JBL is the man(on the mic)

the_geche

TheRob said:

I posted that before it was on any website and I looked up the history of the guy who was posting that BS story everywhere (Steve Carizer or something)....

Anyways wtf have you ever contributed to these threads?

TheRob

Keyser Soze said:

First of all, The Rob came in here to simply talk about Smackdown! It is you people who are seeking attention by jumping on The Rob. The Rob is simply defending himself against a bunch of half wits begging for The Rob's attention.

Secondly, they should have just kept Rico as the feminine comic relief on Smackdown! rather than replace him with Perry Saturn 2.0.

Thirdly, The Rob is enjoying JBL's commentary.

the_geche said:
Anyways wtf have you ever contributed to these threads?

Colorful opinions and flame bait, apparently.

TheRob

Nameless said:
King Booker is the ****ing man!!! Bring this man to Raw so I don't have to watch SD.

Yeah, then you'd be killing Smackdown! even more. Leave the man where he's at and work on improving the brand. That is the smart thing to do. Besides, I'd rather see Booker pushed to the main event on Smackdown! instead of seeing him lost in the mid cards on the DX Show.

Nameless

TheRob said:
Yeah, then you'd be killing Smackdown! even more. Leave the man where he's at and work on improving the brand. That is the smart thing to do. Besides, I'd rather see Booker pushed to the main event on Smackdown! instead of seeing him lost in the mid cards on the DX Show.

Did you see Raw Monday? Or the past few weeks? The Sunday Night heat contingent has become a regular on the show. King Booker could have some great feuds on Raw, and it would also prevent the Spirit squad from getting main-event spots on the show.

TheRob

Nameless said:
Did you see Raw Monday? Or the past few weeks? The Sunday Night heat contingent has become a regular on the show. King Booker could have some great feuds on Raw, and it would also prevent the Spirit squad from getting main-event spots on the show.

Do you honestly believe that Booker would be getting a world title shot on Raw? Especially with Edge and Randy Orton as top heels? Even if they did put him in the title hunt, do you really think they'd make him look credible against John Cena?

ColdBlooded33 said:
Sorry, didnt know i was taking an english test

Good thing you're not.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Watching Smackdown for the first time since its been moved to fridays. Three quick thoughts right off the bat

1. Why isnt Matt Hardy getting more of a push? The crowd loves him.
2. King Booker has a pretty good angle going on. BUT the music is ****ing worthless. I want his old music back. CAN YOU DIG IT? SUCKA! Complete with his dance (spinaroonie right?)
3. JBL ****ing sucks at everything. he sucks at commentating as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom