• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin Discussion: Week of July 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

The best part about this is that ECW FINALLY has their own ****ing storyline. It actually had nothing to do with Cena, Edge, or Raw!

Bloodwake said:
The trash... great.

And they have every right to be pissed. You're telling me out of the entire locker room that Big Show was the best person they could come up with?

Granted, Show is gold with Heyman managing. But we have enough "corrupt owners" in WWE. Couldn't you have just had Show manhandle RVD without Heyman getting involved?

Bloodwake

Now, if WWE is smart, they still have Show feud with Dreamer... have Dreamer be mad at Heyman for screwing RVD over and use the existing Show vs. Dreamer buildup they had.

Bloodwake said:
Now, if WWE is smart, they still have Show feud with Dreamer... have Dreamer be mad at Heyman for screwing RVD over and use the existing Show vs. Dreamer buildup they had.

Do you really think they are that smart?

Ashodin

Bloodwake said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

the_geche

Outcast2004 said:
Heyman is pretty much strictly on-air at this point...
No he is still the head writer, its just that Kevin Dunn is now the head booker and McMahon has the final say and complete control of the show...

the_geche

So am I the only one who liked the ending?

Paul hasn't been a heel in ECW in years....it's something completely unexpected and shocking for him to turn on his #1 draft pick for a guy who was never in an ECW ring.

the_geche said:
No he is still the head writer, its just that Kevin Dunn is now the head booker and McMahon has the final say and complete control of the show...

Which means Heyman has JACK say in what goes on.... and you can tell.

Bloodwake

the_geche said:
So am I the only one who liked the ending?

Paul hasn't been a heel in ECW in years....it's something completely unexpected and shocking for him to turn on his #1 draft pick for a guy who was never in an ECW ring.

I thought it was better than the standard WWE ending where we just get a new champion.

Honestly, WWE has surprised me two nights in a row... they give the belt to Edge, and then they turn Paul Heyman heel....

And, if you guys read the fine print in my last post, IF is a big word. IF WWE is smart. Which we all know they aren't.

Christopher

Outcast2004 said:
Which means Heyman has JACK say in what goes on.... and you can tell.

Still doesn't matter as today was the best ECW show to date. I'm sure Paul has some input as to what goes on, even if it's small.

Looking at the event listing there's nothing listed past July for ECW. If that's the case, it looks like it's the 12 weeks and done.

If that truly is the case, I can't say I'll miss ECW. I has improved fromt he first ep, but it still isn't what I'd classify as good by any means.

Nameless

jkkljhrejkhejrekjrljerkjehrk

All I can say is FINALLY! I was hoping he would help cost RVD the title too, but ahh well..Punk is FINALLY here!!! WOHOOO!

the_geche

Does anyone else notice that the RVD/Big Show/Heyman swerve was done in the exact same way during the Lesnar/Show/Heyman storyline?

the_geche said:
Does anyone else notice that the RVD/Big Show/Heyman swerve was done in the exact same way during the Lesnar/Show/Heyman storyline?

Yes.
Both just kind of "happened" with no lead in to it.

Christopher said:
RVDs kind of as you could see the tension between him and Heyman last night...there was a slight build.

I guess..even if it is a bit of a stretch.

To be fair, Raw as a whole was bad enough that I don't remember anything but Edge walking out with the title.

Mrbob said:
What is so great about CM punk? His promo tonight sucked.
There's nothing great about him. He's a very good wrestler with above average skills overall, and he'll probably be the only good wrestler in ECW for a long while now that Angle, RVD and Sabu are probably gone, but he's no more special than any random faceless TNA X-Division guy or everyday WWE semi-jobber like Greg Helms.

Honestly, I think people only like Punk because they think he's pretty. I'm serious.

Also: this was the worst ECW show ever. Probably even worse than the first show. Nothing but big guys squashing little guys.

Without Angle, RVD or Sabu, why even watch? And CM Punk isn't a reason unless he has someone good to work with, and there's no one on the roster that can match up with him.

Keyser Soze said:
...at least their was no cross premotion in this episode (i dont think anyone noticed or cared though)

True, but Big Show doesn't really come across as a true ECW wrestler. More like a WWE poser come to draw fans because:

1: Vince can't let another brand carry itself without an injection of WWE talent.

2. The company feels (for some odd reason) that the best shot of ECW getting new "stars" is to recycle WWE guys.

3. Alot of former ECW stars are alot older now and have a TON of mileage on them due to their extreme performances day in and day out over the years.

As for CM punk, he should have kept his blonde hair IMO. I always liked him better when he looked like a Corino/Raven cross.

Test was the same old stale Test who could be a "blue chipper" but can't seem to find that spark to get over the hump.........or anywhere near it.

DMczaf

wwe.com

Moments after screwing Rob Van Dam out of the ECW Championship, Paul Heyman gave the following statement to ECW.com:

“As of this moment, Rob Van Dam has been suspended for 30 days.”

:lol :lol

He'll probably come back on the Raw brand and immediately beat Nitro for the IC title.

Anyway, yeah, an ECW show where Test and Big Show go over. Right. Terrible.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
L-O-L-Z at the "RVD suspension." But what about Sabu?

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Also: this was the worst ECW show ever. Probably even worse than the first show. Nothing but big guys squashing little guys.

Without Angle, RVD or Sabu, why even watch? And CM Punk isn't a reason unless he has someone good to work with, and there's no one on the roster that can match up with him.

Didn't you say last week that you were done with WWE shows and that MMA was the way to go? It's an addiction! :)

Christopher

Lyte Edge said:
L-O-L-Z at the "RVD suspension." But what about Sabu?

Didn't you say last week that you were done with WWE shows and that MMA was the way to go? It's an addiction! :)

Keizer said this too...althought in a more childish manner, but I bet money he watched along with us as well.

Lyte Edge said:
Indeed.

I did watch Raw, which was the worst decision of my life, but I'm glad I just read results on this one.

I did watch my Tivo just to see the cups getting thrown at Heyman and Big Show. Last time that happened? When Jarrett won the title last month. It didn't happen to Edge, and we all know why. He's actually entertaining and deserving of the belt, even if he is a dick character.

Bloodwake

I'm listening to Enter Sandman right now, and imagining the Sandman caning the hell out of Vince McMahon.

Hey, it's one way to get by.

Nameless

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
There's nothing great about him. He's a very good wrestler with above average skills overall, and he'll probably be the only good wrestler in ECW for a long while now that Angle, RVD and Sabu are probably gone, but he's no more special than any random faceless TNA X-Division guy or everyday WWE semi-jobber like Greg Helms.

Honestly, I think people only like Punk because they think he's pretty. I'm serious.

So where does that leave Samoa Joe? Punk is better on the mic, and more versatile in the ring. Unlike those 'faceless TNA X-division guys" Punk has a distunguishable look, style, and aura.

Nameless said:
So where does that leave Samoa Joe?
Fat guy who puts on shitty matches because he's not in the indies anymore. Same as Punk except replace fat guy with pretty-boy.
Punk is better on the mic, and more versatile in the ring. Unlike those 'faceless TNA X-division guys" Punk has a distunguishable look, style, and aura.
No he doesn't. He's no more special or unique than Matt Bentley or Chris Sabin. His match with Val Venis on Heat showed that, when you put this guy on a WWE camera, he looks like every other long-haired, tattooed white guy that comes through the system. Hey, Shannon Moore dressed up unique and had his own style, let's all jerk off to him.

It's cute that you like him so much, but all your hype is doing is setting up every single person on this forum that doesn't know about him for disappointment. He's not that special. I didn't know being straight-edge and stealing everyone else's original moves makes a guy special. Anyone could do that.

He's a great wrestler, but stop with this silly fanboy bullshit.

Bloodwake

motivator49949afe6e4e0f64354ed35834f1946d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom