• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.VIII Final Chapter Prologue Trailer

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's been a possibility of new content in Dream Drop Distance. I wonder if any involves Master Xehanort.
... I'm mostly just curious as to what his new voice actor will be.

Wait, aint this a KH3 E3 trailer scenes + KH 2.8 scenes from Sony TGS?

This isnt new is it?

There's also English voice acting in the Dream Drop Distance part (mostly, I can hear Riku's Japanese voice at one point), as well as subtitles for the [chi] Back Cover segment.

duckroll

KH music always gets me irrationally hyped even when it's just an arrangement of the theme songs we've heard so many times before... T_T

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Could the KH Chi movie be settings things up for the post KH3 games?

It's been stated that it connects to KH3.

I have to imagine KH3 is going to be MASSIVE. It has so much to cover.
Saving the Birth by Sleep trio, stopping the 13 Xehanorts, whatever's going on with what's established in [chi]

Zimmy64

The title gets me every time. If Square Enix ever releases an expansion pack type DLC for KH3 they should do what Dead Rising 3 did and just embrace the ridiculousness.

I would totally buy Kingdom Hearts HD III.589 Days by Sleep/ Dream Code Last Chapter Epilogue.

raven777

AnxiousGiganticIvorybilledwoodpecker.gif

sn00zer

Im kinda meh on KH3 footage... no idea why consider KH2FM is one of my favorite games....

I think because they only show the super moves which were always pretty non interactive in older games.

Shojx

Looking forward to seeing more as development progresses. Geez though, I know it's basically symbolic for the series at this point, but that instrumental Hikari is getting a little old now. I really hope Utada Hikaru records some new stuff for III.

wmlk

Yeah, Hikari is getting old at this point lol.

When it's the first thing in my mind when clicking a trailer and I hear it, it's kinda disappointing.

Shimomura pls.

pislit

I only finished KH1, how do I play catch up with this franchise? I am now so confused with the titles. So any advice what games or order to play? Or is it just not worth it and just go KH III when it releases.

Kouriozan

KH3D contains summaries of what happened before, it's a great game to catch up about the story quickly.
And it leads directly to KH3, of course.

raven777

I only finished KH1, how do I play catch up with this franchise? I am now so confused with the titles. So any advice what games or order to play? Or is it just not worth it and just go KH III when it releases.

did you get HD 1.5 and 2.5 collection for PS3? Those are all you need (and this new 2.8 of course)

Shotlock Command back in KH3? Or maybe it's a Keyblade ability...

Anyway, nothing new besides the KH3 footage. Which is good I guess. Kinda wish for a bit of the BBS0.2 to be shown too.

hamchan

Buy all the HD collections, done.

pislit

did you get HD 1.5 and 2.5 collection for PS3? Those are all you need (and this new 2.8 of course)

Not yet.

So it's just 1.5 and 2.5 and then 2.8? That will get me covered? No need for the handheld games (which I believe included in the HD collection but not all). I'm sorry I went dark on this series for me not to get spoiled.

MegaPanda

It's been stated that it connects to KH3.

I have to imagine KH3 is going to be MASSIVE. It has so much to cover.
Saving the Birth by Sleep trio, stopping the 13 Xehanorts, whatever's going on with what's established in [chi]

It may be connected, but I don't think anything it's introduces is getting resolved in KH3. Wasn't it meant to be a conclusion of the Xehanort story (so BBS-DDD)? I like to think I'm keeping up with KH's story but when I saw this part from the trailer it really seems like they're opening up a hole for future storylines.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MbelVmX.jpg[/IMG]

Not yet.

So it's just 1.5 and 2.5 and then 2.8? That will get me covered? No need for the handheld games (which I believe included in the HD collection but not all). I'm sorry I went dark on this series for me not to get spoiled.

I believe you need to play 1, Chain of Memories, 2, and Dream Drop Distance. I don't know how important to play BBS and 0.2 at this point, but better be safe than sorry, especially since BBS is the best KH game ;)

Top Bottom