• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.VIII Final Chapter Prologue Trailer

Thoraxes

Fuuuuuuuck, I need this in my veeeeeeiiiinnnnsssssss.

The music and presentation gets me everytime. Every fucking time.

Hektor

I've played a few hours of the first game. Everything except Dream Drop Distance is inaccessible to me. :/

The spoilertags contain real spoiler.

Kingdom hearts 1 - Its the first game, duh.

Kingdom hearts 2 - The second big game, tho its actually the third game overall but most people even on NeoGAF dont know that and would be getting confused if you would've called it something else.

Chain of Memorys is about
memorys and amnesia, but i got no memory (Heh) what the chain means.

Birth by Sleep means that the first 2 of the 3 campaigns will make you sleep, but in the sleep the third, good aqua campaing is getting born.

Dream Drop Distance = DDD = 3D = Nintendo 3DS

Coded
takes place in trons world, a digital world, one that got coded by programmers, just like the games themselfs you got it SO META

X (spoken as "Chi")
is about the X-Blade (Chi-Blade), its called X-Blade (Chi-Blade) because that rhymes with Keyblade. So clever.

358/2 days is
made up like a diary telling us a story of 358 days that involve 2 people, even tho its actually a story about 3, but all people hate Raiden and prefer Solid Snake so nomura figured its better to hide Axel from the title, the / is there to make it edgy because its called "Slash" just like the sound it makes when the emo kids in this game [REDACTED]

Games that start with "Re:" are remakes, like actual remakes not just remasters
Final Mixes are directors cuts/Definitive editions with additional content and new balancing,

Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMIX because it contains the first game and everything between 1 and 2. One of them beeing a Re:make and one of them beeing a Final Mix version and they're in High Definition.

Same with II.5 tho BBS is actually a prequel that takes place before everything else, so it would be better called "Kingdom Hearts (0.1) & (2.5) HD ReMix"

Kingdom Hearts II.8 Final Chapter Prologue because its similar to the above but it contains a game that takes place before the very last game of this story arc, the 8 is there because its a random number between 5 and 9 and its apparently not in HD this time.

ez brah.

Love the series tho.

X (spoken as "Chi")
is about the X-Blade (Chi-Blade), its called X-Blade (Chi-Blade) because that rhymes with Keyblade. So clever.

X is actually about the
Keyblade War and the 5 Foretellers who were given a book to see the future (which was referenced in Re:coded by Maleficent) but there was one Foreteller who missed out. The Foreteller's Keyblades also look like the one that Master Xehanort uses, which gives off that he has the Keyblade from the 6th Foreteller who wasn't trusted with the Book of Prophecies

I've never even touched the command board.
It's technically the fastest way to level up multiple commands. Play a couple command boards and you can level up a ridiculous amount of commands and even acquire new ones. So, I played a loooot of commands boards.

Tizoc

Don't hold out S-E.
tumblr_inline_nuqjtoQTIP1qf6jxv_500.png

jett

D-Member
Who are those two douchebags in the beginning anyway?

And is this thing going to run at 60fps at least?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Who are those two douchebags in the beginning anyway?

And is this thing going to run at 60fps at least?
Child version of Xehanort and Eroqois. Playing chess, to signify the battle of good vs. evil. It's so poetic and subtle, notice how Xehanort has the black chess pieces for instance. And is wearing dark colors. Which contracts the other guy, who is good. And their conversation also represents good and evil. So subtle and brilliant, it makes film directors blush.

/S

Don't hold out S-E.
tumblr_inline_nuqjtoQTIP1qf6jxv_500.png
Hilarious.

That looks interesting and would complement I.5 and II.5 well but full price sounds crazy unless BBS .2 is a full length game.
Or if they add a KH3 demo I guess.

Kingdom Hearts: DDD end game spoilers in that trailer. Nice that there is a english version. Hopefully the delay between the Japanese and International release is small.

Psxphile

More like 'Featuring Cloud Strife from the Final Fantasy™ series'.

EDIT: oh wait, DDD. In that case, replace Cloud Strife with Neku Sakuraba and Final Fantasy with The World Ends With You.

I'm not going to shit on the price until I know how substantial the Birth by Sleep stuff is.
I will probably be shitting on the price.

God I have no fucking clue where the story is anymore
You and me both, brah.

I'm buying KH3 but not for its compelling, well written, children's, and fulfilling story. That's complete crap. And at this point I'm way past trying to follow what the fuck's going on.

I do expect the graphics, music, gameplay, worlds and Disney/FF crossovers to be second to none though.

Astarte

You and me both, brah.

I'm buying KH3 but not for its compelling, well written, children's, and fulfilling story. That's complete crap. And at this point I'm way past trying to follow what the fuck's going on.

I do expect the graphics, music, gameplay, worlds and Disney/FF crossovers to be second to none though.

I mean there are recap videos if you don't want to play the other games that explain everything in a very understandable fashion, but whatever.

The only place the "Now in development" legend should show is at the end of the very first reveal trailer of a game. We're more than two years after KH3's reveal and several trailers after and they're still putting Now in development shit at the end.

Square I sometimes feel is ran by monkeys.

I mean there are recap videos if you don't want to play the other games that explain everything in a very understandable fashion, but whatever.
I watched the entire KH retrospective and just when I thought I had everything down it just confused me even more. It's horribly written story and if you're saying the contrary you're fooling yourself.

I don't even fucking care anymore. I'm still buying KH3 but I'll be along for the ride only. Xenahort this, nobodies that I couldn't care less if I tried.

I'll be there for the music, riding Baymax, exploring Andy's room and fighting Elsa's snow monster (we know it's happening). Not for the freaking hot garbage of its convoluted story. Kairi and Sora can die for all I care.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I watched the entire KH retrospective and just when I thought I had everything down it just confused me even more. It's horribly written story and if you're saying the contrary you're fooling yourself.

I don't even fucking care anymore. I'm still buying KH3 but I'll be along for the ride only. Xenahort this, nobodies that I couldn't care less if I tried.

I'll be there for the music, riding Baymax, exploring Andy's room and fighting Elsa's snow monster (we know it's happening). Not for the freaking hot garbage of its convoluted story. Kairi and Sora can die for all I care.

I don't care about disney allure wise for this game, but i do like the original character characters like kairi. I just don't like what has been done with them(or hasnt been done) over the course of the games. I have my expectations low anyway, but i'm not at the point you are.

I don't care about disney allure wise for this game, but i do like the original character characters like kairi. I just don't like what has been done with them(or hasnt been done) over the course of the games. I have my expectations low anyway, but i'm not at the point you are.
I like Sora and Kairi's design, don't get me wrong (I could use without some of the extra zippers though). It's what they've done with them story wise that have made me not give a shit anymore about their fates since I can't even follow what's going on or how that weird ass world even works.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
But this is a 3DS game running on a PS4.

Type 0 is also a PSP game. 60fps is just not a priority at all for SE to begin with.

I like Sora and Kairi's design, don't get me wrong (I could use without some of the extra zippers though). It's what they've done with them story wise that have made me not give a shit anymore about their fates since I can't even follow what's going on or how that weird ass world even works.

I've been waiting for 13 years to see Kairi become strong and capable. I can't really toss characters i see having potential aside. Even if the story took a turn for the worst. I could actually even follow it for the most part before 3DS came out and shit all over everything.

Astarte

Not saying that it's well written, bro. Just sayin it's not hard to follow bro
C'mon bro

Biggest problem of KH lore is the same thing that MGS suffers from, everything has to be connected to past games and characters because of reasons. It makes the world of these games much less interesting and makes it feel like the main characters live in a bubble.

Chain of Memories was the last game that introduced new original characters that (at the time) felt weren't forced to have these ridicilous character arks that need to have a connection to characters in KH1. Namine for example I feel was way more interesting and better character in the original CoM before they revealed her connection to the old characters. She would have been much cooler just being a witch with some mystery to her, everything doesn't need to be explained. Remember when ''the superior'' was this mysterious being that made organization members shit their pants before he was revealed to be a boring rehash of the first villain because of reasons (Xemnas is by far the worst big villain in KH). Remember when Axel was a psycho?

The lore is still a guilty pleasure of mine and I don't mind the ridicilous elements one bit. I just feel like it could be so much better. I don't mind overarching story elements but when it creates a web of connections like this it just diludes everything down.

people were calling namine kairi's nobody and the superior ansem's even before kh2 came out because of lines like being "kairi's shadow" and "you have the same scent". roxas was called blonde haired kid and everyone figured he was sora's nobody and they even guessed his name just by the similarity in naming scheme with the rest of the CoM org members.

i blame final mix for adding those additional ansem's reports and basically spoiling it.

Not saying that it's well written, bro. Just sayin it's not hard to follow bro
C'mon bro
No YOU c'mon! It is not easy to follow at all. The fact that if you wanted to keep up with the franchise as it came out you had to own a PS2, PSP, GBA, DS and 3DS.

For some of us the HD collections arrived too late. And I still need to keep a PS3 around if I want to play everything alongside a KH Wiki because what the fuck is KH Chi X? Jesus.

people were calling namine kairi's nobody and the superior ansem's even before kh2 came out because of lines like being "kairi's shadow" and "you have the same scent". roxas was called blonde haired kid and everyone figured he was sora's nobody and they even guessed his name just by the similarity in naming scheme with the rest of the CoM org members.

i blame final mix for adding those additional ansem's reports and basically spoiling it.
Oh, definately people called this stuff but the way CoM presented the characters was great. After CoM Namine has become a joke. Roxas I had no problem with since it was the first time they had the Sora clone thingy and I liked his ark in KH2. Too bad they will fuckin ruin him too by having him resurrect in KH3 because of reasons effectively making Sora a mother.

KH2 introduced zero good characters that either wasn't a clone or became fun only because of future games (Xigbar)
I know even he is lolXehanort but at least he is redeemed by that not being his defining characteristic
. Aqua is perhaps the closest one to being original character with very little connection to old ones and people actually like her still, more of that please (I think her ''connection'' to Kairi is total bullshit).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The story only really took a nosedive into nonsense land post KH2. Nobodies were the other side of Heartless, that makes sense. Then we have Unversed (totally not Heartless) and Ventus who's not Roxas or Sora but also is and a bazillion Xehanorts and all this other stuff.

I still love it for what it is but it's gone full crazy town. Nomura's artistic flair has been unleashed with no sense of restraint.

I wonder how Back Door is going to fit in to this or KH3, or if it's going to leave breadcrumbs for a post-Xehanort story.

Astarte

No YOU c'mon! It is not easy to follow at all. The fact that if you wanted to keep up with the franchise as it came out you had to own a PS2, PSP, GBA, DS and 3DS.

For some of us the HD collections arrived too late. And I still need to keep a PS3 around if I want to play everything alongside a KH Wiki because what the fuck is KH Chi X? Jesus.

Lol calm down bro. If my 7 year old niece could follow the story through the timeline and HD collection, then yeah. It's easy peasy. 90% of the story is just 'this guy fucked up'.

Falk

that puzzling face
But this is a 3DS game running on a PS4.

If you post in every GAF thread pertinent to a port from one system to a more powerful one not running at 60FPS magic will eventually happen.

I promise.

But you cant accidentally miss one thread.

The story only really took a nosedive into nonsense land post KH2. Nobodies were the other side of Heartless, that makes sense. Then we have Unversed (totally not Heartless) and Ventus who's not Roxas or Sora but also is and a bazillion Xehanorts and all this other stuff.

I still love it for what it is but it's gone full crazy town. Nomura's artistic flair has been unleashed with no sense of restraint.

I wonder how Back Door is going to fit in to this or KH3, or if it's going to leave breadcrumbs for a post-Xehanort story.

I agree KH2 is fine but the villain is super weak especially concidering the buildup done in CoM. He literally does nothing the entire game. Only redeeming factors are his ridicilously hammy VA and a great final boss battle.

Top Bottom