• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.VIII Final Chapter Prologue Trailer

iosefe

You know what would be great? You start out super powerful, but as you progress through the Realm of Darkness you get weaker. You forget things and abilities.

It's a good way to actualize what Ansem talked about in blank points about forgetting himself over time

lol changed it to 2.VIII for this thread title because it doesn't really matter. Title jokes aside, that trailer still got me a bit excited. That music will always get me excited.

Will buy just for Aqua,

I only played through DDD once, and I didn't like it as much
though that's mainly because training dream eaters was such a pain

I'm willing to give it a second chance, glad I held out replaying it

Faenix1

Never realized how bad that collections title was until now.

I thought this thread was about a "KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2".. lmfao

Tabris

I just realized why this is probably PS4 only instead of PS3 / PS4 and why it was most likely not released on PS3.

Touch controls for DDD in all those dream eater mini games and training. And they are going to use the touch controls on the DS4 which are horrible.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just realized why this is probably PS4 only instead of PS3 / PS4 and why it was most likely not released on PS3.

Touch controls for DDD in all those dream eater mini games and training. And they are going to use the touch controls on the DS4 which are horrible.

Maybe due to Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep 0.2... Which looks like it's running on KHIII's assets and UE4, which isn't supported by PS3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Square needs to find a new song for this series. I'm beyond sick of Simple and Clean.

Passion.

I'm surprised Passion isn't used for the other KH games besides 2.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It all began here. In Daybreak Town.

*Gasp* Daybreak Town?! That title....it reminds me of Twilight Town, obviously they're related in some way. Best writing ever!! :O Ladies and gentlemen, we are truly not worthy of such masterful nuanced storytelling.. /s

No way i'm sitting through all that exposition when the game comes out. Gameplay looks good. Also any word on if they recast Aqua's VA? Not to be overly negative or anything but she's the worst.

Damn, the music gets me everytime. I think it's time to buy this and 1.5/2.5 HD on PS3, I waited too long for a PS4 release of the HD remixes..

Edit: The "Now in development" scares me every time too.

Niosai

While all of the collections are dandy, we either need one big collection, or a big movie in KH3's title menu that covers the entire story thus far a la the 358/2 Days and Coded movies. I understand the story just fine, but I've played through every game since they first started coming out. It's weird that this is PS4 exclusive, but I suspect it may have to do with the touchpad.

*Gasp* Daybreak Town?! That title....it reminds me of Twilight Town, obviously they're related in some way. Best writing ever!! :O Ladies and gentlemen, we are truly not worthy of such masterful nuanced storytelling.. /s

No way i'm sitting through all that exposition when the game comes out. Gameplay looks good. Also any word on if they recast Aqua's VA? Not to be overly negative or anything but she's the worst.

I hear Mena Suvari is available.

Mory Dunz

Haven't played Aqua's part but Terra's VA performance was the worst I've heard in a KH game I feel. From an important character. I say performance because it could be more the voice director's fault.

From what I heard of Aqua she seemed eh

Will buy just for Aqua,

I only played through DDD once, and I didn't like it as much
though that's mainly because training dream eaters was such a pain

I'm willing to give it a second chance, glad I held out replaying it

Yeah, in my case I'm kind of glad I never got around to DDD, double reason to pick this up.

Astarte

Aqua and Aerith are AWFUL.
Also that scene had me on the floor because kairi and her grandma walked for years and never got anywhere.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I hear Mena Suvari is available.
I never realized that she was part of the cast.

Haven't played Aqua's part but Terra's VA performance was the worst I've heard in a KH game I feel. From an important character. I say performance because it could be more the voice director's fault.

From what I heard of Aqua she seemed eh
They give the actors nothing good to work with. ._. I find most of the cast relatively terrible.

The handheld game scripts have some reeeeally bad dialogue. Long gone are the days of KH1 where the cheese was used relatively sparingly and when they did it was delicious.

Then again while the quality of some casting has gone down it's still WAYYYYY above what some of the current scripts deserve. We even lost Nimoy to salvage some of the hammy parts :(.

This reminds me this will probably be one of the last releases with Nimoy in it ;-;-

NullKaze

The handheld game scripts have some reeeeally bad dialogue. Long gone are the days of KH1 where the cheese was used relatively sparingly and when they did it was delicious.

358/2 Days had the best script of all KH games. KH2 had a fairly horrible script ("That was undeniable proof we totally owned you lamers").

Hopefully, whoever localised Days will localise KH3. ("Roxas, that's a stick". "We don't accept resignations". "Why do you always look at me like I just drowned your goldfish". "Girls are complicated".)

Why do I feel like Aqua's face isn't textured?
Now in development

NoFace_Woman.jpg

I just want the worlds to be good and for the grind to either not exist or not be garbage. Like, KH1 had cool worlds, but they weren't big enough and got repetitive. But they had all sorts of cool goodies and exploration rewards. KH2 had huge open worlds, but it felt like nothing was in them. BbS had really cool worlds, but the problem was they were over far too quickly. I haven't played 3D yet, but I'm betting that suffers the BbS issue.

Also, fuck melding commands in BbS. Like, in theory it was a good idea, but I'll be damned if I play another Command Board.

Also, if we're going to get a mini-game world, it best be Hundred Acre Wood. I mean, they tried with Disney Town, but that world was pure, undiluted garbage. I will stake my life on that being the single worst world in any KH game. Followed reasonably by KH1 Atlantica and KH2 Pride Lands.

Kain

I hope the playable characters in III will be Sora, Riku and Aqua (after a cool rescue stage) but I get the feeling we are getting Kairi instead :S

I just want the worlds to be good and for the grind to either not exist or not be garbage. Like, KH1 had cool worlds, but they weren't big enough and got repetitive. But they had all sorts of cool goodies and exploration rewards. KH2 had huge open worlds, but it felt like nothing was in them. BbS had really cool worlds, but the problem was they were over far too quickly. I haven't played 3D yet, but I'm betting that suffers the BbS issue.

Also, fuck melding commands in BbS. Like, in theory it was a good idea, but I'll be damned if I play another Command Board.

I've never even touched the command board.

Do Kingdom Hearts games have options for Japanese voices? The English voice acting in the trailer is dreadful.

No.

And there are some bad japanese acting on the Disney side of characters :d. Might just be too used to english ones. Biggest example being Donald and Goofy. Donald sounds like he is really struggling to do the voice while speaking Japanese and Goofy sounds way too derpy.

Kain

Do Kingdom Hearts games have options for Japanese voices? The English voice acting in the trailer is dreadful.

The Disney characters are consistently spot on, as expected, the original characters... not so much, but only a handful can be called dreadful: Terra, Aqua, Aeris in II and that's pretty much it. The Organization dudes were fucking awesome all of them, I hope they get a lot more screen time in III.

Top Bottom