• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Not really a huge fan of the designs. Probably going to stick with getting the Chun Li TE2, nothing here sounds like a game changer as far as control goes.

thelastword

Banned
Don't like how all these companies shorten the right handle on fightpads, I prefer them equal or longer, if anything the side with the buttons should be longer. Ideally they should be the same length, this is one thing I don't like about the fighting commander pro, the initial design of the madcatz pad was not that way at all.

The dpad looks bad, what kind of dpad is this, it doesn't look functional at all, doing srk motions on this will be all types of convoluted. Did Madcatz change all of this recently? I was so excited for this pad and I remember a better dpad and equal handles on the pad.

Also, no headphone jack on the controller, nor speakers.....at $60.00........Why would they not revise the triggers and make them buttons instead, this is a pad for fighters, why make changes that was not necessary and keep the triggers which will be bad for fighting games......SMH.

BOTEC

I'm interested in that Alpha stick. It doesn't say anything about Sanwa parts or modability though in any of the text. Pre-ordered and fingers crossed.

Nephtes

Do your current headphones have a 2 foot cable or what? Why can't you plug them into the TV or your receiver or whatever you're using? You could get an extension cable for under 10 bucks, I'd wager.

As far as I know, neither the TV nor the out of the box Samsung Bluray/Surround Sound system has a headphone jack...

Don't like how all these companies shorten the right handle on fightpads, I prefer them equal or longer, if anything the side with the buttons should be longer. Ideally they should be the same length, this is one thing I don't like about the fighting commander pro, the initial design of the madcatz pad was not that way at all.

Why should the side with the buttons be longer when you kinda need a decent handle on the side where you are performing all your movement? I don't follow.

I really want the Shadaloo TE but I'll probably have to make do with the Alpha stick because I just don't have 200 bucks to spend on an accessory right now.

lupinko

Not when you consider the Virtual Stick High Grade cost the same when it was released last generation and was a full Sanwa stick and had better build quality than the TE sticks, let alone this entry level 'Alpha' stick.

Yes, but the VSHG also has a buggy PCB that didn't work properly like the simplest button presses.

To get the most out of a VSHG you had to gut it and replace the stock pcb with something worth a damn.

This is weird the TES+ tax is $17.75 and the TE2+ tax is $20.41...Madcatz please! you're straight hustling people.

I'll just settle for the outta heaven stick..that ryu stick price is insane or perhaps switch over to hori... but for now you have my preorder.

I really want the Shadaloo TE but I'll probably have to make do with the Alpha stick because I just don't have 200 bucks to spend on an accessory right now.

I really do hope it's good or at least decent. That's kinda the price and size I want. If it isn't light as hell like the Hori fighting stick mini (but that thing has way more problems than just that.)

This is weird the TES+ tax is $17.75 and the TE2+ tax is $20.41...Madcatz please! you're straight hustling people.

It's weird that something that costs more has higher sales tax? lol

Fitts

That Shadaloo stick is nice. Dpad on the pad looks awful though.

Do we know if sanwa parts can be dropped into the Alpha yet?

Naite

Glad these all have touchpads. Hated seeing all those ps4 sticks that had no touchpad and gave us a share button instead.

Need a better look at the dpad on the fightpad and how comfortable it is to hold before I buy, but I'm sad at the removal of the 2nd analog from the early designs. Having them for fighters isnt necessary, but then again so are triggers for shoulder buttons.

Skilletor

They're just begging for Hori to bust in here with a $150 all-Sanwa stick and take the market.

Hori hasn't used their own parts for years, and they already have a 150 dollar stick. The HRAP they're using is far inferior to the TE2 and TE, imo. Since there has been a 150 dollar stick for a long time, I don't think Madcatz is too worried about them "taking the market."

Fightingedge would be the most comparable, and when that comes out on PS4, it will be at least 200.

Business

CVT0XODUkAA-jxN.jpg

Funny I just finished a custom Agetec stick with nearly identical artwork placement, Ryu, game logo and capcom logo. Went with red buttons and ball though.

Skilletor

Hori at $150.00 all-Sanwa stick would be earth shattering.

Nah, it wouldn't. lol.

Go ahead and buy their 150 stick now. Hayabusa is better than sanwa. :)

imo imo imo

I have a Chun TE2 on preorder, but I'm tempted to cancel for the TE2+.

I have a VLX, though, so if there really is a need for touchpad stuff in training mode, I'm covered. I really like the blue case of the Chun and already have a black TE2 with white panels. :/ I wish they'd made a different case.

Since Markman is leaving, this might be the last thing we see from Madcatz. I don't know who would carry the torch over there.

LOL.

thelastword

Banned
Why should the side with the buttons be longer when you kinda need a decent handle on the side where you are performing all your movement? I don't follow.
It's better that they are both equal length just like a regular DS4 controller. If they want to make one longer, it should be on the side of the buttons, since you have access to 6 face buttons including RB and RT, that makes it 8 altogether on that side, it will be awkward trying to access all of these buttons with a short handle.......

I'm saying, short handles on controllers are not ideal at all.....two long handles will always be superior.

baphomet

I'll just settle for the outta heaven stick..that ryu stick price is insane or perhaps switch over to hori... but for now you have my preorder.

You do understand how tax works right?

As an aside, is SFV going to be compatible with Saturn USB controllers like Ultra SFIV?

I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if it turns out not to be.

It's better that they are both equal length just like a regular DS4 controller. If they want to make one longer, it should be on the side of the buttons, since you have access to 6 face buttons including RB and RT, that makes it 8 altogether on that side, it will be awkward trying to access all of these buttons with a short handle.......

I'm saying, short handles on controllers are not ideal at all.....two long handles will always be superior.

They are that way because people tend to press the buttons like they would an arcade stick, so the handle doesn't get in the way I guess.

baphomet

You don't hold them like a regular controller.

Arttemis

True although people have gone to tourneys and did well with some of the damnedest things before.

Lol. You will see a random sell here and there for 20% off. Otherwise you hope for low ebay prices. Sticks don't commonly drop in price. The Alpha will probably be your best bet or another stick around that price.

It's not a joke. I'll wait a few years and wait until they drop to half off like their last gen sticks did.

Skilletor

That happens? Man it seems like a small window since once they get replaced they dry up so quick they just become collectors items ._.

If you want to buy them on a dead console, maybe. I haven't seen a TE, a VS, or TE-S sell for 75 bucks new on 360 or ps3. Wii and Wii U, sure.

So is there a cheaper alternative for the ps4 that is of similar quality to the old te1? I've gotta start budgeting for the sfv launch but I'm not gonna support this price gouging.

So is there a cheaper alternative for the ps4 that is of similar quality to the old te1? I've gotta start budgeting for the sfv launch but I'm not gonna support this price gouging.

The Hori RAP Kai is good. Buttons aren't quite the same quality as Sanwa but as close as you'll get and you can just change them out if you want to. Stick is also a bit loose for my tastes but so is the TE2. The Kai can go for like $100 if you find a deal.

Top Bottom