• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII PC |OT| Light Eternal

Corpekata

Banned
Can't seem to get the "Show controller prompts" option to stick. Keeps reverting to Keyboard, even after choosing the option.

UltraJay

The part where all options are altered from top of the screen like more or less any windows program is kind of nuts. Not good or bad mind you, just kind of nuts.

That is par for the course for Japanese PC games (Read: Visual Novels).

EDIT: And Danmaku too, I guess.

Corpekata

Banned
Which controller? Someone mentioned the first 2 games having issues with the wireless adapter for xb1 controller.

360. IIRC those issues were with the controls themselves. The controller works fine, I am having issues with the on screen prompts reverting to KBAM. If I reboot the game, it changes the settings, if I start a game, etc.

Parsnip

Can't seem to get the "Show controller prompts" option to stick. Keeps reverting to Keyboard, even after choosing the option.
Change the setting and then save the game.
I think the previous games were like that as well, it doesn't have overall settings saved, but rather all settings are save specific.
That is par for the course for Japanese PC games (Read: Visual Novels).
That explains it then.

It makes me wonder if the port was handled by different people than the other two.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, because of the exchange rate with the Canadian dollar, it's actually cheaper to buy on Steam than to use the GMG coupon. Damn. lol

TheTux

Soooo... the game is locked to 1080p.

23629543966_e971d85cbc_h.jpg
[/url]

EDIT: You even get the message in the beginning that you shouldn't turn off your PS3-System during autosave :D

Nice to know that it's a port from PS3 and not XBox like the previous two games.

KainXVIII

Xbox one gamepad works in windows 10 with this game?
PS - i wonder if they ever fix framepacing in previous games..Or need wait for modder (Kaldaien, where are you? ^_^)

Parsnip

Well, I hope that someone skilled will look into the resolution locks. Even though I don't personally need it, I can certainly feel for the people who do.

MayMay

Banned
Looks solid:
http://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561198133993683

I might not be able to resist doing another playthrough someday on PC :D My favorite FFXIII game. Wasn't expecting to have such a blast with it.

EDIT: Hearing this song again, mhhhh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC77mXGwWz0

I just love the soundtrack.

Damn - that looks really solid.

Suddenly I have no urge to finish XIII-2 anymore.. seeing that this game apparently runs so much better on PC.

Dr Dogg

Well right now it crashes is GeDoSaTo is active. Tried delayDetouring but looks like that's been axed in the latest build. The options 'task bar' if fucking crackers you have pretty much 2 states for every setting that are either Standard or Advanced with no description exactly what's going on. I mean scale display area is No Scaling which leaves the image window boxed, Standard which scales the image to the full size of your desktop res and Advanced which... does the same as Standard? Fuck knows. Here's the rest

Colour Correction, Standard or Advanced.
Glare Adjustment, Standard or Advanced.
Depth of Filed Adjustment, Standard or Advanced.
Shadowing, Standard or Advanced.
Lighting, Standard or Advanced.
Texture Filtering, Standard or Advanced.
Frame Rate, Fixed or Dynamic

Fixed is 30fps and Dynamic goes to 60. Oh and Full Screen is actually Borderless Windowed.

Performance wise well even at the maximum the game will let me use my card had seriously downclocked itself to about 3 thirds of it's core frequency and then only at 30-35% GPU utilisation. Not really done much bar the tutorial battle but will have a nosey about the more open bits I can in the opening,

duckroll

Tried it out for a bit with a DS3. Working really well. The entire interface and port job is obviously very hastily hacked together and everything feels like a console to PC port rather than something with more polish, but at least it seems to work well as it is. Loading is fast, framerate seems good, resolution is high enough, and it supports dual language natively, although you have to restart the game for voice changes to take effect.

So far it seems well worth the low price I paid for it!

BONKERS

SO, 1080p lock, no true full screen (meaning no vsync on W7) like Type-0?

Their bumbling incompetence and lack of care for anything but a quick buck continues.

1998-2015 nothing but mediocre ports that can't comprehend basic things.
Are the CG scenes HD? They look kind of soft.

If it's a pre-rendered FMV, it's very likely it's worse quality than the PS3 version like the last two releases.

Bittercup

Only 11,52€ on greenmangaming. That's a great price. I thought it was more expensive.

I'm so exited. I really like the first two games but never came around playing Lightning Returns on PS3 and when it was announced for PC I decided to wait for it instead and then there was the long delay. But now it's finally here.

Their bumbling incompetence and lack of care for anything but a quick buck continues.

If it's a pre-rendered FMV, it's very likely it's worse quality than the PS3 version like the last two releases.
Weren't there last releases based on the Xbox version? This seems the ps3 version

Even thought their ports are far from perfect, I disagree with your comment. These are okay ports and when you think of it, the only thing remaining is arbitrary resolution. Western branches really needs to communicate on that. At least, this one is 1080p, features newer graphical effects and no framepacing issue. More than that, it's 60FPS. It's still a difference with the 720p 15~30FPS console version.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Gonna take a while to download but I'm glad to hear it's running smoother than most expected. Think this is a good time to wrap up my FF12 playthrough.

Hope everyone has fun playing goddess dressup at 60fps!

Parsnip

Without looking (waiting on GMG), I'm guessing they took the PS3 FMV's and recompressed them with bink2, I think that was the case for the previous games. They probably sit somewhere in between the 360 and PS3 FMV's in the compression quality.

Bittercup

Weren't there last releases based on the Xbox version? This seems the ps3 version
If you mean the FMVs, they actually weren't. They did re-encode all videos for the PC release on FFXIII as bink2 video files with significantly better quality than the 360 version (which uses bink1 and are even at a lower resolution) but still noticeable worse than the PS3 version.

d00d3n

I bought it (again). Would it break the game completely to mess with the limited time aspect in some way on PC?

Top Bottom