• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Hsu leaves 1up

Doel

I wonder what this could be about.
Placeholder.
There are some announcements coming later today from senior execs so this is a placeholder post which I'll update as soon as the show is live today :)
Posted: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:33:30 PDT

EDIT: Looks like Dan "Shoe" Hsu is leaving 1up :(

EDIT2: My goodbye to Dan

We'll miss you, I know I will :(. You helped make EGM the only gaming mag I still see a point in subscribing to. The 1up/EGM/GFW/GameVideos guys and girls are a unique bunch of people that keep me interested and cause me to actually care when I read, watch, or listen to something from here. I'm sure you'll go on to do amazing things...other than getting insane achievement scores.

VicViper

1UP finally offering PSP encodes of The 1UP Show. Megaton confirmed.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I expect either one or all of the following:

- GFW and EGM merge into just 1UP
- EGM magazine cancelled
- New 1UP print magazine (covering PC and console games) announced
- Heads will roll
- Profit

I'm guessing it has to do with 1UP Show, since Matt's posting it.

BUT WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Maybe 1UP Show is being reformatted for Regular-Ass TV? :eek:

There's a smiley face. It's probably something good about the 1up show, like, getting shown on TV? I dunno. More budget? Merging? Producing versions for other distributors?

Mojovonio

Banned
N'Gai Croal hired.

That annoying blond balding guy fired because you only need one person talking about game narrative.

Gamer @ Heart said:
MTV bought the gaming division of Ziff Davis.
Why would the 1UP Show guys announce it instead of Simon or Shoe?

Don't you have some 1UP Board you could be getting laughed off of?

rothbart

Gamer @ Heart said:
MTV bought the gaming division of Ziff Davis.

nwesk21yl8bc.jpg

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Protip: Most likely won't be a business-related story (like some buying the ZD games group, etc.)

I expect an editorial announcement. The merging of all the ZD games stuff into one "1up" mag/website seems likely, although maybe that's a little TOO megaton.

I AM JOHN! said:
GUYS, IT'S BEING TIMED WITH 1UP SHOW, SO THEREFORE IT PROBABLY HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH 1UP SHOW OKAY?
except that I'm DLing the show right now, meaning it's live NOW and the blog isn't updated

Assaulted Nuts said:
except that I'm DLing the show right now, meaning it's live NOW and the blog isn't updated
Gaf has access to the show before everyone else because we are elite hackers.

I think it's because they don't "put the show up" until the Stream is uploaded to GameVideos.

tanod

when is my burrito
Assaulted Nuts said:

Maybe the announcement is embargoed until 11AM PST?

Gamer @ Heart said:
It was only a joke, and what is that suppose to mean? Do i know you in NG?
Nah, I'm just fucking with you. ;)

I used to post on the 1UP Yours/1UP Show board as SuckaVanHellsing, though.

Nizz

Grecco said:
EGM being disolved into 1Up the magazine
Somehow I can see this happening. One brand. 1up.com the site and 1up the magazine. Encompassing console & PC gaming...

Top Bottom